Nerf Obstacle Course Game

fun game for 3-5 players

7 replies to this topic

#1 Alecrules

Alecrules

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 08:31 PM

One of my friends was over at my house and we were playing CTF. Then my friend, who we will call Zdawg, thought up this awesome game. We played it with 3 people but it will be fun with 5 or even more. This is mostly for when a couple friends are over.

First you think of an obstacle course indoors. An example: Touch this lamp, then touch the fridge, jump the coffee table, slide down the stairs, then touch the couch, etc. Then you will pick one person to do the course (the runner). The object, for the runner is go through and touch everything you chose beforehand, but it has to be in order. Then all of the other players are the Guards. Before the game starts you choose places where the guards stand. Ex: One stands in the corner, one stands by the piano, etc. Think creativly about where the guards are placed. The guards objective is to shoot the runner, but heres the catch: the guards can't move. They have to stay in the same spot until the runner makes it through the course or gets shot. Then all of the guards rotate to the next guard position and a new runner is chosen.

I had the guards use modded dart tag guns and stock longshots with double clips. If they shoot the runner, the runner loses. However, the runner gets a modded Maverick or modded Chainblazer or any other small hand gun of their choosing. If the runner shoots a guard the guard has to count to ten (one Mississippi, etc.), before he can start shooting again.

If the runner makes it to the end easliy, make it so that the guards only have to count to five or give the runner a stock strikefire or something. Just make it challanging. The when you get the hang of it you can make a bunch of different courses.
[font=Book Antiqua]Alecrules[color=#FF6600]

#2 Nerf300

Nerf300

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 09:28 PM

It would be much more interesting if it was an actual obstacle course, not "touch this" and "touch that."
Good idea, just needs a bit more digressing.

#3 BoneRiot

BoneRiot

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 09:54 PM

That sir, is American Gladiators.

Try adding special guns that are available (such as a vulcan or a titan) at certain locations to help the player as they are advancing through the coarse. Sounds like quite a bit of fun!
They call me Afro Thunder
QUOTE(CaptainSlug)

Your member account at NerfHaven has been temporarily suspended for 9,999 days.

#4 SchizophrenicMC

SchizophrenicMC

• Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 09:58 PM

Refine it like this was Lou'siana.

Set up an actual obstacle course, made of bunkers (As in paintball), tires, natural scenery, etc. Outside, of course. If possible, set it up so there are predefined boundaries, like fences and such.

Set the guards in strategic location, free the runner to go through the track.

Police tape works to set up track boundaries.
QUOTE(NerfUK @ May 8 2009, 11:54 AM) View Post

(I forgot to take a picture of my own poppers)

QUOTE(analogkid @ May 20 2009, 10:04 PM) View Post

Every size rod you could ever want.

#5 wingd man

wingd man

• Members
  • 514 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 10:39 PM

With some refinement, this could be the next "HvZ".
Okay, maybe not, that's a bit of a stretch.

#6 Equilox

Equilox

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 11:14 PM

Reminds me of the Arnold Classic, "The Running Man". Oh well. Needs some tweaking but I like it.

I agree that it does need more of an obstacle feel than "touch this or that" but it makes sense for an indoor war in confined areas.

Creative to be sure.
"In my Zombie plan I use my arsenal of foam to fend of the hoards of the undead as I make my way to Canada....... good luck to you Simmons."

#7 Capten Karat

Capten Karat

• Banned
  • 68 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 05:13 PM

I like it, and for bigger wars, you should send 1 per 4 guards or else It would be to hard.
Take of your thinking caps, and put on your ALGEBRAINS!

#8 Basilisk

Basilisk

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 09:29 PM

Sounds like an interesting scenario, of course a real obstacle course would be more exciting, like in the woods. It does make sense for an indoor area though.
"The moment you can no longer see the fun in running around like a little child is the moment you begin to die."
-Carbon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users