Firefly Intergration

more work to be done

18 replies to this topic

#1 clubace

clubace

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 09:08 PM

Alright I have been lurking around nerfhaven for awhile waiting for my account to be validated, and now that it has been I though I would share my first gun mod and say Hi to everyone and introduce myself.

I am Eric, you can call me Eric, club, clubace or whatever so long as I know your talking about me. I am fairly new to nerfing, I have only been to one war and I play humans Vs zombies and I do plan on attending DCNO this year so I will be able to meet some of you.

So this is my Firefly.

Posted Image

Posted Image

and some internals

Posted Image

As you can see it has an AT2K added which I plan to use as a primary. Its a typical AT2K with a CPVC coupler so its ranges are pretty standard. The way to fire it is to pull back on the PVC end cap, the reason I chose to do that was that I am not a big fan of the keyring thing (nothing wrong or against it I just don't like it). Then there is the firefly turret itself. I have herd over and over how poorly the Firefly preforms and I did not want to believe it. The gun just looks so nice and it is very comfortable to hold so I though if I tried hard enough I could make it work. But, no matter how much I fought the firefly is just too sub par to be worth all the effort.

I have replaced its barrels, switched to a stronger spring, and improved some of the seals and its still bad

Ranges any where from:
25' to darts not coming out of the barrel.

so I am giving up on the firefly's turret and I plan to replace it with another pump gun and use that as a canister scatter shot. I am thinking about making it a titan.

Anyone have any ideas what would be a good mod for a canister shot that would fit inside of a firefly?

#2 lambchop

lambchop

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 09:11 PM

Very nice and i think everyone gave up on fireflys they are as you said "not worth the effort"
Just keep swimming just keep swimming STOP

#3 umpshaplapa

umpshaplapa

• Members
  • 636 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 09:17 PM

Only 25'? I've heard of FFs going twice that. I like the 2k integration though. For the trigger, did you just bend the firing pin to a right angle, attach it to the end-cap, and make a hole so you could pull it back?
QUOTE(Talio @ Jun 29 2009, 01:50 PM) View Post

i got a black belt in noob banning in 2004.

#4 clubace

clubace

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 09:24 PM

Only 25'? I've heard of FFs going twice that. I like the 2k integration though. For the trigger, did you just bend the firing pin to a right angle, attach it to the end-cap, and make a hole so you could pull it back?

I think I have a problem with the turrets rotation and I dont think its worth fixing

and yes used a dremel to cut a slit in the shell, bent the firing pin and extended it a little bit with a bit of old wire hanger and some plumbers epoxy.

#5 deadshooter711

deadshooter711

• Members
  • 329 posts
  • State:Pennsylvania

Posted 20 April 2009 - 09:29 PM

The integration looks great on how clean it is. But there is still so much space in the back, what do you plan on doing with that?

Hey, I have a shell of a firefly! I could do great things with it...

Welcome to nerfhaven!

Edited by deadshooter711, 20 April 2009 - 09:42 PM.

My Nerf War Pictures

IT'S EVERYWHERE!

#6 Crankymonky

Crankymonky

It's The Dean!

• Members
  • 687 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 09:35 PM

You should also consider attending the DC tune up war and SuperNoVA.

Very clean mod, I like it a lot.

(Post in the war threads)
Tyranny Response Team

#7 Equilox

Equilox

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 09:39 PM

Cool integration. It's nice to see someone do something cool with the firefly. Normally the average nerfer would pass it up for something else.
"In my Zombie plan I use my arsenal of foam to fend of the hoards of the undead as I make my way to Canada....... good luck to you Simmons."

#8 SchizophrenicMC

SchizophrenicMC

• Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 10:54 PM

Very nice. Finally, a new guy posts something worthwhile.

The Firefly, while a shitty gun on its own, has a really good shell. Fill it with something other than what's already in it, and you may have something going for you, as we see here.

Welcome to the Haven, Clubace.
QUOTE(NerfUK @ May 8 2009, 11:54 AM) View Post

(I forgot to take a picture of my own poppers)

QUOTE(analogkid @ May 20 2009, 10:04 PM) View Post

Every size rod you could ever want.

#9 Ambience 327

Ambience 327

• Members
  • 561 posts
  • State:Indiana

Posted 21 April 2009 - 08:11 AM

Well, we've seen Titan Mav's, so I think a Titan Firefly would probably be a good idea. You might even be able to rig up the FF's turret as the shotgun "canister" - people have done it with Mav turrets so it shouldn't be too difficult.

You might run into issues trying to use that AT2K pump to fill both the 2K and the Titan though - I'm guessing it would probably take quite a few pumps. Simply replacing it with a Titan pump could work, but it would mean that if the Titan was empty, you'd still have a decent amount of pumping to do before your 2K was ready to fire again, certainly more than it takes now.
Foam in the Fort IV
The fourth exciting Nerf War in Fort Wayne, IN.

#10 diamondbacknf1626

diamondbacknf1626

• Members
  • 835 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 08:31 AM

The Firefly, while a shitty gun on its own, has a really good shell. Fill it with something other than what's already in it, and you may have something going for you, as we see here.

My friend and myself have discussed utalizing this aspect of the firefly for quite some time now. I was just thinking about what you said though, and it might be a subject for a marvelous salvo integration. Well, not necessarily an integration, but more of a full internal replacement. Hmm...

On topic, clubace, nice mod, I like it. I also like the shotgun idea. That combined with my above idea in a great shell like the firefly would make it a force to be up against.
QUOTE(TxNerfer @ Nov 13 2010, 12:42 PM) View Post

Hey...I got a crazy idea: how about you stop all that sigging stuff? It's not even my thread and it annoys me.

#11 Renegademilitia15

Renegademilitia15

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 09:39 AM

Nice use of the shell. If you can fit the titan pump in the firefly shell, go for it. I have a titan/2k integration, and I love the way it feels.

I heartily welcome you to NH.
Singled RFS
FA_24's response to Ice's back pain thread:

I used to have that problem until I got circumcised. 15 pounds later I was able to stand up straight.

#12 Lone Wolf14

Lone Wolf14

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 10:53 AM

I tried to mod a Firefly once.... It.. um... Did not turn out well. (Mostly because it was not my gun :lol: ) Anyway, I like this mod. Very clean. I may reconsider Fireflys, but I don't think it will happen.

P.S, I'm new here too.

Edited by Lone_Wolf14, 21 April 2009 - 10:55 AM.

The song "White Horse".... So depressing it makes me want to hang myself.

SPV999,
Thanks to everyone confirming this as an insanely stupid but neat mod.
... and that people still like my Pokemon quilt.

#13 PointBlank

PointBlank

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 12:43 PM

I really like the simplicity of this mod. Thanks for the up.
You can agree with me.... or you can be wrong.

My Latest Mods
The Cyclops
Pointblank Titan

#14 Firefox551

Firefox551

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 01:49 PM

BITCH, I was going to do this. Now I can never be the original creator. Nooooooooooo!
"Whats algebra? I like pudding." - My friend Luke

"We have to remember what we all have in common, and why we are here. Our shared love of shooting things, and each other with little foam darts." - Niaja Blue

#15 ilzot

ilzot

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 04:38 PM

Very nice job.

Very clean. Very useful integration, but pretty useless gun.

9/10 :lol:

Welcome to the Haven.
QUOTE(Vinnie D. @ Feb 1 2010, 05:28 AM) View Post

... to be able to get a better burst or sustained fire, rather than blowing the whole load at once.

#16 nerfer63

nerfer63

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 05:53 PM

Very nice job.

9/10 :lol:

Welcome to the Haven.

I disagree greatly use the at2k for long range and while reloading use the firefly.

#17 clubace

clubace

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 06:16 PM

Very nice job.

9/10 :)

Welcome to the Haven.

I disagree greatly use the at2k for long range and while reloading use the firefly.

that was the idea, to use the firefly as an anti-rush weapon. However, the fireflys sucktasticness became more and more apparent, which is why I plan to replace it with a titan.

#18 ilzot

ilzot

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 06:18 PM

I wasn't talking about the AT2k.

The AT2k is a great gun. I think it deserves to be integrated into a better gun to promote the overall usefulness of the gun.

I just think that the only point of the FireFly is comfort.
QUOTE(Vinnie D. @ Feb 1 2010, 05:28 AM) View Post

... to be able to get a better burst or sustained fire, rather than blowing the whole load at once.

#19 faddle

faddle

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 08:22 PM

Your Firefly looks so cool.
NERFSTRONG#114

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users