Assistance Requested

Maverick trigger "sticking"

8 replies to this topic

#1 Ambience 327

Ambience 327

• Members
  • 561 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 09:52 AM

I've modded ten or so Mavericks in my time thus far, and I've had relatively few problems - and none that I haven't been able to deal with - until now. I'm working on one for my nephew right now. He's had it for a while, and it seems to have developed an issue where the trigger will stick half-way through a pull. Pulling really hard will sometimes work correctly, but sometimes will skip back along the rotation to the previous barrel instead. I've opened the blaster up and nothing looks out of sorts (and the blaster had never been previously opened or modded in any way). I just can't quite figure out what the issue is. Also, it seems to stick more if the blaster is held perfectly upright or tilted to the left, and less if it is tilted to the right a bit. It also occurs more frequenly if the trigger is pulled rapidly rather than squeezed gently.

I've searched both here and at NHQ, and I can't seem to find any evidence of other people having this problem, but I thought I'd throw it out here and see if anyone had any practical experience on this.
Foam in the Fort IV
The fourth exciting Nerf War in Fort Wayne, IN.

#2 Mr BadWrench

Mr BadWrench

• Members
  • 781 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 10:39 AM

look for a stretched out spring.
NerfChat IRC Chatroom Click to chat!

#3 umpshaplapa

umpshaplapa

• Members
  • 636 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 11:05 AM

You can also move the spring to a different peg, to make it pull more on the trigger. It's in slugs mod in the directory.
QUOTE(Talio @ Jun 29 2009, 01:50 PM) View Post

i got a black belt in noob banning in 2004.

#4 PointBlank

PointBlank

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 01:13 PM

What I do when I have a problem is to take absolutely everything apart and put it back together. You end up fixing what ever it is without even knowing it.
You can agree with me.... or you can be wrong.

My Latest Mods
The Cyclops
Pointblank Titan

#5 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 01:23 PM

I have a Maverick that my son let sit next to the baseboard heater for a while... The shell (even on the turret) is all warped and melty, but the barrel advance unit piece is in good shape. It's yours shipped for $1. :)
[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

#6 bobman

bobman

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 08:41 PM

How long has your nephew had the gun. Sometimes if the guns are old the just kind of get worn out, for instance I've had my longshot for five years and it will fire just the bullet won't come out. If it's new I would consider looking at the spring.
No Comment...

#7 Darth Freyr

Darth Freyr

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 10:05 PM

Your rotation mech. is probably worn down. A nearly pristine mech. looks like this.
Posted Image
You could take Draconis' offer or repair your using epoxy putty.
Please email me rather than sending a PM. I am DarthFreyr at gmail dot com

#8 Ambience 327

Ambience 327

• Members
  • 561 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 08:20 AM

Thanks for the input guys. When I have a chance, I'll do a complete strip-down and reassembly to see if that has any effect. If not, I might just take Draconis up on his offer.

Unless anyone has some amazing insight that has not been shared yet, I consider this topic closed.
Foam in the Fort IV
The fourth exciting Nerf War in Fort Wayne, IN.

#9 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 09:20 AM

I've had my longshot for five years and it will fire just the bullet won't come out.

Your time machine sounds fantastic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users