Photo

Replacement Crossbow Springs

8 replies to this topic

#1 Homestarune

Homestarune

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 09:14 PM

I recently acquired a Crossbow and I am going to replace the stock spring as a part of my modification.
I have heard that the, Arrowstorm, Bow and Arrow and the DT3 Defender arrow spring can be used to replace the stock Crossbow spring. I have seen people add the RFSG spring to the stock crossbow spring. I'd like to find what the most powerful spring replacement/addition is. I've made reinforcements to all the necessary parts to insure that the internals will hold up under the added pressure. I would like to know the length of each spring, and the diameter.
We're not discouraging people from joining a Nerf forum, we're discouraging them from joining this forum. It's an important distinction because, frankly, we don't give a shit. The Haven was created to escape the idiotic masses, now they're all here. -cxwq

#2 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,761 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 09:32 PM

Shortened +Bow spring. But you better be 100% sure your Crossbow is reinforced to the nines before you put one in there.
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#3 Icespartan 1114

Icespartan 1114

Do NOT buy/sell with me

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 934 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 09:37 PM

I have a Dt3 in mine and I get 110 ft easily. A ETRL rapid fire shotgun spring with the crossbow spring with get you a good 120, trust me.
QUOTE(Zaxbys @ Mar 2 2009, 02:08 PM) View Post
I won't be there til about 1-2...

Church... gotta soak up that Jesus!

NERFSTRONG #51

#4 Echnalaid

Echnalaid

• Members
  • 981 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 09:44 PM

I've heard the Arrowstorm spring is monstrous. The Air Zone remake's spring is about 1 ft long. Not sure about the diameter.
There was something on the bottom of the ad that said erotyka. Sounds like something spicy -Renegademilitia15

#5 BlackFox

BlackFox

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 11:17 PM

If you come across a pneumatic door closer and you're willing to cut it apart, the spring is amazing. You'll have some left over too.
"Until we meet in the place where there is no darkness"
-George Orwell, 1984
-----------

Think that piece is beyond repair? Think again!

#6 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts
  • NerfHaven Subscription Supporter
  • State:Oregon
  • u/Parabolictoys on Reddit

Posted 16 April 2009 - 11:23 PM

Other excellent suggestions: A section of the '[k25] spring (+Bow spring's little brother), or an AR-15 buffer spring.
[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

#7 mystefansdontflystraight

mystefansdontflystraight

• Members
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 05:08 AM

I use an arrowstorm spring in mine. I modified it like splitlip's guide, and it gets about 5-6ft less than his (which used to be mine, coincidentally) I cut about 3/4 of an inch off the spring for a better fit. Seriously, reinforce the shit out of the thing. I mean bolts behind the spring rests, sheet metal on the spring rests, sheet metal and bolts on the plunger rod, everything that can be reinforced, DO IT. Not something you want to break, trust me. WHen I got mine, I didn't fire it for a week, until I made sure it was reinforced to the max.
QUOTE(Blacksunshine @ Dec 24 2009, 02:15 PM) View Post

QUOTE(white moonlight @ Dec 23 2009, 01:29 PM) View Post

It's just screaming to be rearloading...

I seen a movie about that once.

#8 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts
  • State:New Jersey

Posted 17 April 2009 - 09:55 AM

Other excellent suggestions: A section of the '[k25] spring (+Bow spring's little brother)

I'd strongly recommend this. Nerfdude1138 turned me on to this, and I've been meaning to add it to my writeup. It virtually is a Dt3 spring.
Teehee.

#9 Renegade

Renegade

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 10:40 AM

I've heard the Arrowstorm spring is monstrous.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users