Project Kaylee / Tru Arrowstorm Gatling Launcher

detachable backup shotx2

11 replies to this topic

#1 Mr BadWrench

Mr BadWrench

• Members
  • 781 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 06:31 PM

I decided to show a step by step of my modding process to help otehr people who wish to integrate multiple shells into one gun.

I will be seeking paint advice for this project for its completion .

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Kaylee W/Detatchable backup shot x2

-----------------------------------------------
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Custom trigger. cu out of 2 pieces of 3mm graphite plate with pivots.

-------------------------------------------------
Posted Image
chopped shells..

---------------------------------------------------
Posted Image
assembled aligned and tacked into place with hotglue

Posted Image
disassembled and right half of gun stronger with hotglue.

------------------------------------------------
Posted Image
Re assembled gun halves with red Saran wrap between shells.
Then attached left side of gun shells with epoxy, epoxy putty and screws. let sit overnight. hotglued gun shell can still be twisted and tweaked for alignment before applying epoxy.

Posted Image Disassembled gun shell and reinforced left side of gun from inside with epoxy putty, epoxy and screws. allow to dry/cure. take this time to remove hotglue from left side of shell.

Posted Image
Reassemble halves with Saran Wrap between shells and build left side of blaster with epoxies and screws. allow to cure

Posted ImagePosted Image
Reinforce buttstocks with OAK dowel and basswood secured with polyurethane hotglue (yellow high temp)
Don't forget to reinforce inside of shells also.

Posted Image
Assemble blaster without springs to check fitment and priming actions, check trigger movements.

taking a rest.... bbl

Edited by Mr BadWrench, 19 April 2009 - 06:36 PM.

NerfChat IRC Chatroom Click to chat!

#2 Mr BadWrench

Mr BadWrench

• Members
  • 781 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 06:32 PM

Posted Image
you can see my modification to the arrowstorm trigger mechanism when assembled and the blaster is primed all you have to do is lift up on that black part and it will release the plunger in the arrowstorm..

Posted Image

this crude diagram shows the modification of the firefly trigger. the red dots are pivot points so you pull the priming arm and the firing lever slides back until it gets to the T shaped part and locks over it (hopefully without breaking and firing (which is what it does currently about 50%) when the firing lever does lock in place, the Trigger will press pivoting it up causing the blaster to fire and release the slide to return forward.

My second design is almost exactly like that but it has a very strong bungee that holds the priming mechanism back... I push the priming mechanism forward and pull it back and the rest works the same. Its very hard to prime but the trigger has not failed with the bungees in place.

---------------------------------------------------
I've already had debate about using the word GATLING to describe this blaster... I have a link straight from Toys R Us so look at this
http://www.toysrus.c...oductId=3340295

and have yourself a big steaming cup of STFU!

Edited by Mr BadWrench, 20 April 2009 - 01:22 AM.

#3 fuzz080

fuzz080

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 06:39 PM

I'm a little confused, how do you prime the gun?
I've all ready heard the story about copper is the stuff that comes from in bettween your grandpas legs but other than that i really don't know.

#4 Zorns Lemma

Zorns Lemma

Sir Scrt

• Moderators
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 07:10 PM

You can see the priming bar in his third picture from the top.
"In short, the same knowledge that underlies the ability to produce correct judgement is also the knowledge that underlies the ability to recognize correct judgement. To lack the former is to be deficient in the latter."
Kruger and Dunning (1999)

#5 LoneNerfer

LoneNerfer

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 08:11 PM

A little confused here is that supposed to be an arrow storm with firefly parts attached to it or a firefly or ssomething else entirely.

#6 xtremejumpy

xtremejumpy

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 08:59 PM

I understand the thing fine...
THAT IS SICK!!!!!
I love that. Its like a low capacity Doomsayer... sorta.

Still kick-ass though.

#7 nat

nat

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 09:45 PM

I get it to, you put a trigger on a arrow storm? sweet.
If practice makes perfect and nobody is perfect, then why practice.

I pitty you foo! ~MR. T

#8 xtremejumpy

xtremejumpy

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 10:29 PM

I get it to, you put a trigger on a arrow storm? sweet.

Don't forget more holdable! I fucking love this thing!

#9 StealthMan

StealthMan

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 285 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 10:32 PM

That thing is FUCKING SWEET!! A primary with a great ROF inside of the most comfortable shell ever!!!!
<!--quoteo(post=212906:date=Feb 16 2009, 06:30 PM:name=TantumBull)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TantumBull @ Feb 16 2009, 06:30 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I'm not ashamed to admit that I have tried to eat my stefans. They just looked so yummy.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

NERF<b>STRONG</b> #108

#10 PointBlank

PointBlank

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 10:36 PM

it sure looks a heck of a lot better than your average arrow storm, nice and clean two. So are the ranges close to that of a normal arrow storm or has any mods been done to the internals?
You can agree with me.... or you can be wrong.

My Latest Mods
The Cyclops
Pointblank Titan

#11 Mr BadWrench

Mr BadWrench

• Members
  • 781 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 10:46 PM

The internals are heavily modified. I made a plunger buffer head from EPE foam that fills all the available dead space that was left in the gun. I made a 1/2in thick spring spacer out of 3/4in cpvc and wrapped it with E-Tape. The priming arm is a 2in #8 machine screw bolted to the slide and covered with cpvc full of hotglue.

I have 2 different triggers and I cannot decide which is best.... one feels really good but its hard as hell to prime... the other primes easily but requires too much force to release.... I should order some more graphite from Tower Hobbies to finish the trigger setup... hopefully I will find a comprise while I wait.

Don

Edited by Mr BadWrench, 20 April 2009 - 01:23 AM.

#12 Pringlez

Pringlez

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 09:16 PM

Great job, it has been integrated perfectly, it looks like it's right out of the box! It looks awesome even without a PJ, which is a quality too many integrations lack. Great selection of blasters for this beast. I would be very proud of this , as it has every thing a great gun needs; ROF, power, and slick looks. Do you have plans on using this as primary/secondary in a war to test it's real usefulness?

On the subject of the trigger, I would go with the setup that had the best trigger pull, as priming time can Decrease ROF , but bad trigger pull affects the performance of the most important thing: the shot! All in all, great mod, and I hope to see more from you in the future! Well...first post, here we go!

Edited by Pringlez, 20 April 2009 - 09:23 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users