Longshot Range Test Video

stock breech that fired over 100'

4 replies to this topic

#1 autonerf

autonerf

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 10:44 PM

From now on, I will be doing actual range testing in most of my videos. This is a range test of my first modified Long Shot. The mods to increase its power are a Nite Finder spring addition, an extra o-ring, and air restrictor removal. I may do another how-to video that covers details on the questions you might have. The shot that went more than 100' was probably due to the windy weather that day. As you can see the ranges are not consistent much. What do you think could make the video more effective?

Longshot range test

#2 Magic

Magic

Formerly NerfOnFier

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 540 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 10:57 PM

Besides the fact this should be in either the General Nerf section, or Modification section, awesome job. I did notice that the LSFG was fired on an angle, and the actual LS was fired flat, but higher up. I think the video is pretty effective, but it would help in showing the breech in the video. Nice job.

#3 dizzyduck

dizzyduck

• Members
  • 627 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 12:10 AM

I think I can hear the sound of a boltsled breaking in the near future. Get that thing reinforced pronto if you want it to last more than 50 shots or so. Because it WILL snap. It's not a matter of "if", it's a matter of "when".
Duck off.
Art & Stuff

#4 chefdave

chefdave

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 01:26 AM

Nice, too bad no barrel replacement+streamlines=shit accuracy.
QUOTE(VACC @ Jul 21 2009, 08:13 PM) View Post
QUOTE(crispy) View Post

Talio likes to eat his own shit.
It's a distinct possibility. But seriously, that's all you could come up with? You are a terrible Troll.

#5 autonerf

autonerf

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 01:46 AM

Thanks Magic, I might do another range test indoors somewhere. The next video will show the internals and basic modifications.

I thought of that also dizzyduck. I'm no expert on the Longshot, but it seems unlikely that adding a stock Nite Finder spring would be enough stress to break the bolt sled. Since I have only fired it between 20 - 30 times so far I don't know yet. If it does get busted I will reply to let everyone know it needs to be reinforced.

Someday chefdave I might try it out. I'm still learning the basics right now.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users