Bbb Petg Barrel

what do you think

16 replies to this topic

#1 zombiegaara

zombiegaara

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 05:42 PM

I have bought a BBB resently and wanted to do a barrel replacement. I thought about somethings and decided petg. but i wanna keep the outside orange part still on for support. would thinwall petg work good for this. Pictures will be added soon.

......_________________________
....../______NERF_____________|]
...../___________________/
.....)/____(_(__) /
....//__________/
...//___//
..//___//
.//___//

Lock n' load

#2 coltsboy29

coltsboy29

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 05:44 PM

I don't know if you will be able to keep the orange part, but I don't see why petg wouldn't work.
Totally not gettin' siggy with it at all.

#3 flyingchicken

flyingchicken

• Members
  • 414 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 05:45 PM

Most commonly used barrels (cpvc, brass, petg, etc.) will easily fit in the orange barrel as long as the AR is removed and some e-taped is wrapped around your barrel for a snug fit in the orange one. So yes, your petg would work.
I am so omniscient; if there was to be two omnisciences, I would be both!

#4 zombiegaara

zombiegaara

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 05:52 PM

Cool, thanks for the replies. I geuss now i don't need pics. What would work best for stock darts, thick or thin wall.

Edited by zombiegaara, 12 April 2009 - 05:53 PM.

.....)/____(_(__) /
....//__________/
...//___//
..//___//
.//___//

Lock n' load

#5 flyingchicken

flyingchicken

• Members
  • 414 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 05:57 PM

By thin and thick, do you mean OMC's medium and thick walled, respectively?

Medium is rather loose unless you have huge stefans, so just go with thick walled.

#6 zombiegaara

zombiegaara

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 06:35 PM

i'm going by "one man clans" petg.

Edited by zombiegaara, 12 April 2009 - 06:35 PM.

.....)/____(_(__) /
....//__________/
...//___//
..//___//
.//___//

Lock n' load

#7 flyingchicken

flyingchicken

• Members
  • 414 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 06:55 PM

Ok, just go ahead and use thick walled. I need to order some...

#8 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 08:30 PM

Ok, just go ahead and use thick walled. I need to order some...

How about you don't suggest it unless you've actually used it with the suggested set-up or at the very least have used PETG.

PETG and stock darts WILL NOT work well at all for a springer. For an airgun, maybe, as long as you don't mind you're dart falling out the barrel. If you're using stock darts, use something that has a tighter fit like 17/32 brass and nest that in about 6 or 7 inches of PVC so the dart can still accelerate once the foam body leaves the brass (the head makes a seal with the PVC).

#9 Gazoo

Gazoo

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 08:40 PM

Like flyingchicken said, Just wrap a few layers of E-tape close to the bottom of the barrel. That's what I'm using and it works great. Just don't secure it to the orange barrel, that way you don't have to ramrod your darts every reload. What a time killer.

Edit: Woohoo! 50th post!

Edited by Gazoo, 12 April 2009 - 08:43 PM.

groove- Blatant asshattery will not be tolerated

#10 Echnalaid

Echnalaid

• Members
  • 981 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 09:51 PM

Just don't secure it to the orange barrel, that way you don't have to ramrod your darts every reload. What a time killer.

Wouldn't you need a tighter seal to prevent the PETG from flying out with the dart?
There was something on the bottom of the ad that said erotyka. Sounds like something spicy -Renegademilitia15

#11 Gazoo

Gazoo

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 10:07 PM

Just don't secure it to the orange barrel, that way you don't have to ramrod your darts every reload. What a time killer.

Wouldn't you need a tighter seal to prevent the PETG from flying out with the dart?

Just use enough E-tape to get a nice, snug fit. I've never had a problem. I'm also just using a stock spring so....
groove- Blatant asshattery will not be tolerated

#12 KingBouyah

KingBouyah

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 11:16 PM

With my BBB, I straightened a paperclip and then bent it into a squared U shape so that the sides match up with the outside of the barrel.

I then wrapped it with e-tape to get a seal with the orange barrel and stuffed it through the back, so when the gun is put together and I pull the barrel out, it gets a tight, almost irremovable seal. This way I can vacuum load darts and I don't have to worry about a ramrod or my barrel falling off, because the paperclip won't physically permit it to be removed unless I dismantle the gun.

Stock darts are just a bit loose in my petg, which I bought from OMC before he had two sizes. Of course the heads don't fit into the barrel, so the only ones that are really of any use are streamlines, but sometimes they stop half way down the barrel. I think the air is making them sort of balloon out and it causes too much friction. Stefans still work the best.

#13 lambchop

lambchop

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 07:10 AM

Another idea is to get sch 80 pvc and nest the petg inside then add a coupler. This is for faster realoding and it would be easier.
Just keep swimming just keep swimming STOP

#14 zombiegaara

zombiegaara

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 07:30 AM

Awesome, i have been reading some of the ideas, and i came up with an idea. Would diamondback's petg breechs fit good with the bbb orange barrel and the stock dart wouldn't slide out? I have a barrel (17/32 brass inside of SCH 80 pvc) would this work good?

.....)/____(_(__) /
....//__________/
...//___//
..//___//
.//___//

Lock n' load

#15 diamondbacknf1626

diamondbacknf1626

• Members
  • 835 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 08:43 AM

Awesome, i have been reading some of the ideas, and i came up with an idea. Would diamondback's petg breechs fit good with the bbb orange barrel and the stock dart wouldn't slide out? I have a barrel (17/32 brass inside of SCH 80 pvc) would this work good?

Are you looking to fit the bodies or heads of the stock darts?
QUOTE(TxNerfer @ Nov 13 2010, 12:42 PM) View Post

Hey...I got a crazy idea: how about you stop all that sigging stuff? It's not even my thread and it annoys me.

#16 zombiegaara

zombiegaara

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 08:47 AM

I got my bbb working now. I found one of my old PETG barrels. covered it with PVC. i finally have have a good primary. sorry diamondback, i don't need your breech anymore. I tested the range on it. (stock red BBB spring and streamline dart) i got somewhere between 50-60 feet. didn't fully/correctly measure, but it got somewhere between there.

Edited by zombiegaara, 13 April 2009 - 08:47 AM.

.....)/____(_(__) /
....//__________/
...//___//
..//___//
.//___//

Lock n' load

#17 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 09:25 AM

It has come to my attention, zombiegaara, that you are only 12 years old. It was not a surprise. I do, however, blame myself for not reallizing this earlier. Fortunately for me, I was older than the prerequisite 13 when making this discovery. You were not so fortunate.

I believe you'll be 13 in may, but, honestly....how can I be sure? I'm just gonna round it up a bit. Later.

VACC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users