Photo

The Avenger (a Nitemanta With Added Awesomeness

49 replies to this topic

#26 PointBlank

PointBlank

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 12:14 PM

Ive never thought of having two nf's air being channeled into one barrel, its a great Idea, but the dead space probably cuts back on the power allot. Also, is it bothersome to have to prime both guns? Is there a way to do them both at once?
You can agree with me.... or you can be wrong.

My Latest Mods
The Cyclops
Pointblank Titan

#27 Pearson2

Pearson2

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 12:53 PM

I like the way that it looks, I'll give you that. My next step with that gun would be to add a breach so that you cock them both, then can fire 2 darts before having to reload. Either that or maybe a chain to the cocking mechanism's at the back so that you only have to cock the gun once.

What I'm not a big fan of is the fact that you need both hands on this gun to fire it. I can imagine reloading during a war will take considerable time which could be costly.
Crooked: Did you see that guy who singled a doomsayer?

Pearson: Why would you single a doomsayer? Thats like taking a Ferarri and putting family seating in it.

#28 Boss18

Boss18

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 03:06 PM

This needs to be done with two singled titans, or two cpvc'd paintball guns.
D0 U LiK3Z /\/\UDkIpZ? http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Burnboy85 <--- Clicky Cliky!

#29 death by cheez

death by cheez

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 03:22 PM

I'd have to say that's a bad idea....

Why not try with something totally pointless, like some mavericks. :)

http://fairview.dead...eadfrontier.com

Great game, zombie apocalypse MMORPG. I'm acer34p3r on there.

#30 pokemaster

pokemaster

• Banned
  • 27 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 03:32 PM

I agree two titans that's 80 dollars dude!!! And that would be way to heavy too.

And sorry VACC I didn't mean to make make you angry. I hope that this post will be better.
I know I have been slacking with my post and agree I need to be better. But I love Nerf and think that it would be sad to kick someone off who loves to do it and has fun doing it too. I hope that you except this apology and think that I did better.

Sincerly,Pokemaster AKA Josh

Thanks Wing,D,Man

Edited by pokemaster, 13 April 2009 - 05:46 PM.

92% of teens would cry if Miley Cyrus was about to jump off a building.
If you are part of the 8% who would say "Jump B****, JUMP!!!!" . . .
Copy and paste this in your signature

olg guns or new nerf is the beat buzzbee sucks if you agree copy and paste this to your sig

#31 Galaxy613

Galaxy613

• Members
  • 999 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 03:43 PM

I agree two titans thats 80 dollars dude!!! And that would be way to heavy too.

And sorry vacc i didnt mean to make make you angry i hope that this post will be better

It's not $80 if you get them second hand, you may be able to get 2 for as little as $30 if you look around or wait.

Try using the shift button more, adding commas and apostrophes to contractions. For example, your apology sentence could have been alot better:
And sorry VACC, I didn't mean to make make you angry; I hope that this post will be better.

Edited by Galaxy613, 13 April 2009 - 03:43 PM.

[Former Caretaker of the Guru Mk2]

#32 PointBlank

PointBlank

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 04:04 PM

And sorry vacc i didnt mean to make make you angry i hope that this post will be better

Word to the wise, when you are apologizing for bad grammar, use apostrophes and capitalize your "I"s
You can agree with me.... or you can be wrong.

My Latest Mods
The Cyclops
Pointblank Titan

#33 death by cheez

death by cheez

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 04:41 PM

Maybe if you try a double double NF, it would be awesome. Just a little thought. You know, like 2 nite finder rifles put together like your nite manta.

http://fairview.dead...eadfrontier.com

Great game, zombie apocalypse MMORPG. I'm acer34p3r on there.

#34 VelveetaAvenger

VelveetaAvenger

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 05:04 PM

I hope that you exept this appoligy and think that I did better.

SINCERLY,POKEMASTER AKA JOSH

This is a joke right? I don't know if the mods here are very "exepting" of "appoligies".
"I never saw Beastmaster, I just wanted to be cool..."

#35 wingd man

wingd man

• Members
  • 514 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 05:17 PM

I agree two titans that's 80 dollars dude!!! And that would be way to heavy too.

And sorry VACC I didn't mean to make make you angry. I hope that this post will be better.
I know I have been slacking with my post and agree I need to be better. But I love Nerf and think that it would be sad to kick someone off who loves to do it and has fun doing it too. I hope that you except this apology and think that I did better.

SINCERELY, POKEMASTER AKA JOSH

1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8...9...10!
10 errors... at least! :)

(fixed them all)

Edited by wing'd man, 13 April 2009 - 05:18 PM.

#36 SchizophrenicMC

SchizophrenicMC

• Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 07:06 PM

I agree, two titans, that's 80 dollars, dude!!! And that would be way too heavy, too.

And sorry, VACC, I didn't mean to make make you angry. I hope that this post will be better.
I know I have been slacking with my posts, and agree that I need to be better. But, I love Nerf and think that it would be sad to kick someone off who loves to do it and has fun doing it too. I hope that you except accept this apology and think that I did better.

SINCERELY,
POKEMASTER, AKA JOSH

1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8...9...10!
10 errors... At least! :D

(fixed them all)

Not quite.

By the way, I've got you added that hilarious quote to my signature, while playing with my butthole, Pokemaster.
QUOTE(NerfUK @ May 8 2009, 11:54 AM) View Post

(I forgot to take a picture of my own poppers)

QUOTE(analogkid @ May 20 2009, 10:04 PM) View Post

Every size rod you could ever want.

#37 Watari

Watari

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 08:18 PM

Back on topic:

Maybe I missed something, but it seems to me that you've decreased aimability (it's a word now, bitches), increased priming time, and reduced the shots fired per trigger pull for a marginal increase in range that likely will still leave it short of more comfortabe primaries. Just not sure I see the utility.

This is completely true, but the one advantage this has over other primaries is that these are more portable than, let's say a Big blast or PAS. If you find a way to connect the priming handles and triggers, you could have a pretty decent RoF, with another one to back you up.

Edited by Watari, 13 April 2009 - 08:25 PM.

#38 Quilan Fett

Quilan Fett

• Members
  • 678 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 10:05 PM

Funny, when I was new, I posted about this and everyone told me it wouldn't work.
http://www.nerfhq.co...hp?topic=5591.0
SNAP Shotgun

This guy can see the future!

QUOTE(pokemaster @ Mar 3 2009, 04:18 PM) View Post

hasbro in a nerf war!!!!! dude the will cancel it and confinscate are guns

#39 Gazoo

Gazoo

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 10:26 PM

Funny, when I was new, I posted about this and everyone told me it wouldn't work.
http://www.nerfhq.co...hp?topic=5591.0

Too bad you didn't do it, and prove them wrong, like he did
groove- Blatant asshattery will not be tolerated

#40 Jaymel1989

Jaymel1989

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 12:06 AM

Well I realized it had to work. just because two air flows from different sources going through one central pipe has to be released meaning pure awesomeness. Well atleast you know it does work. Also I have reduced the Dead space by cutting the cpvc barrel that came out of the gun and just put the cpvc couple inside of the gun as shown here:

Posted Image

Also I had a mini war (two friends and I) and I tested out using this gun and it was hard to reload everytime. it took about 5 - 10 seconds to pull a stefan out put it in the barrel prime both make sure I aim and hit both trigger at the same time. so I will be working on a rig where both guns can be primed and both triggers can be pulled. Just hope this works
~When life hands you lemons. Mod the fuck out of it so it can get 100' flat. also do a apple intergratation to it. it looks nice and adds accuracy~ Jaymel1989

#41 Vinnie D

Vinnie D

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 03:20 AM

Wouldn't it be simple to just use that T joint as a coupler and rig up a speed loader? Then just glue a dowel between the two priming handles to make one big priming handle (or run a lanyard like the double maverick) and connect the triggers with a chunk of plexiglass or scrap plastic. Then it should be pretty functional.

If you want to get crazy with it you could attach a handle to the side to improve your aim, though that would make the whole rig bulkier.

#42 Mukersman

Mukersman

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 08:39 PM

Could we see that Longshot in the picture? On topic, maybe a ramrod would actually reduce reloading time in this case. That is, if you are fast.

#43 Ubermensch

Ubermensch

• Members
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 08:56 PM

I agree. Just shove a pencil down there. It's very efficient in some situations.
"In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."-Carl Sagan
Nerf Rocket Air Launcher

#44 1337

• Members
  • 375 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 09:00 PM

I agree. Just shove a pencil down there. It's very efficient in some situations.

That's what she said. added that hilarious quote to my signature, while playing with my butthole.
Join the REVOLUTION!

#45 Watari

Watari

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 09:46 PM

Soo, did you get ranges yet? I am very curious to see what the difference in range is.

#46 Jaymel1989

Jaymel1989

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 10:53 PM

Heres the longshot (silver and red for blood splatter) because someone asked:
Posted Image

And on ranges, on approximates because it's windy as heck where I am so outside don't seem right, I shot it inside and it hit a wall 35 feet away so right now its 35+ feet. Also I got to get a 100ft measuring tape

Edited by Jaymel1989, 14 April 2009 - 10:54 PM.

~When life hands you lemons. Mod the fuck out of it so it can get 100' flat. also do a apple intergratation to it. it looks nice and adds accuracy~ Jaymel1989

#47 nerfnut23

nerfnut23

• Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 11:23 PM

I would have put them upright, used a piece of lexan to join the triggers and fuse the cocking handles. Then cut off the handles, and glue an LSFG trigger in the center. Link the tab to the polycarbonate/Lexan/random stuff. And then it would have the same RoF as a single one. And less dead space. Many problems solved, and one lessened(dead space). And nice LS, also. I gotta fix my airbrush. :ph34r:
American society: A legitimate clusterfuck since 1965.

#48 Gazoo

Gazoo

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 11:59 PM

Jaymel1989- That pic is in the WAY wrong thread. Before you post a pic, Look at what forum you are in. This should be in the Mods/Paint jobs thread.

#49 Magic

Magic

Formerly NerfOnFier

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 540 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 12:09 AM

Jaymel1989- That pic is in the WAY wrong thread. Before you post a pic, Look at what forum you are in. This should be in the Mods/Paint jobs thread.

Gazoo, my friend. You are incorrect here. Mukersman requested for Jaymel (which is the thread starter), to show a picture of his longshot that was sticking out partially in a previous picture of his manta NF.

#50 Gazoo

Gazoo

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 12:12 AM

Gazoo, my friend. You are incorrect here. Mukersman requested for Jaymel (which is the thread starter), to show a picture of his longshot that was sticking out partially in a previous picture of his manta NF.

My bad, didn't search the whole thread. Just saw a new pic of a different gun, which wasn't what the thread was started for.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users