Eagle Eye

Angel style.

22 replies to this topic

#1 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 26 December 2006 - 12:06 AM

I am thrilled to present to you my Eagle Eye modification. For the first time I will be posting a write up for a nerf gun I actually had as a child. This is a very clean integration.

Here are the internals:
Posted Image
Now lets get to work.

As a simple boost in power you can cover this hole in the side of the barrel with e-tape.
Posted Image

Next we are going to remove the thin air restrictor. This thing is literally a small peice of metal that is fed through the tube from one side to the other. It is externally glued in place.
Posted Image
So yank out the AR with pliers or push it through to the bottom with a screwdriver. Now there is 2 holes in the sides of you plunger tube. Now plug up the holes in the side of the plunger tube with hot glue. This AR removal may only increase distance by a couple feet. But it my eyes any edge over the competition is good.

Next you are going to increase plunger seal. Wash the plunger head with soap and water then dry it off and wrap e-tape around it untill you get the perfect fit. Now I found that the plunger tube is thinner at the beginning then at the end so don't let that trick you. To also increase plunger seal find a lubricant that is safe on rubbers. I use O-ring lubricant. It is found in the plumbing section of your local hardware store. Mine come in little blue containers.

Next up I slapped a new barrel in there. Contrary to my normal mods where I push for distance and range, I decided to go with a gun that is best for stock darts but can also fire stefans as well. This is why I chose a very short peice of brass. The brass does not protrude from the stock barrel like many mods do. This new barrel sits flush inside the old one. To do the barrel replacement take 17/32" brass and cut it to the size you like and wrap E-tape around it untill it fits kinda snug in the stock barrel. Now pull out the brass and give it a good plumbers gooping around the e-tape points. Now slide it back in the barrel and clean up any excess goop.

Spring replacement: I went with a stronger industrial spring.
Posted Image
On the left is the spring I chose to use and on the right is the stock spring.

Now this next part is not original at all. I read it on another write up.
It is time to make the eagle eye cock in more of a LNL fashion.
You are going to drill a hole in the back of the plunger rod and knot some thin picture framing wire to it. Do a double knot on this stuff then pull it tight. Now drill a hole in the back of your eagle eye where the wire would come out of the gun like so.
Posted Image
Now make sure the hole is big enough for the picture wire to go through and tie a key ring on the otherside.
Whammo! Your gun now cocks from the back.

Now lets talk integrations.
Again I am pissed I did not have any spare AT2K's so I decided to integrate an AT3K into this puppy.
To prepare your shell for the integration you will need to rip out the light and all the electrical crap and cut/shave/sand down the highlighted areas.
Posted Image
Make sure you sand them down on both halves of the shell.

Now the AT3K pump tube was too big so I went with another pump and kept the air chamber/valve and orange tubing that came with the AT3K. I cannot remember where I got this pump from but it works perfect. I am assuming the pump tube from an AT2K would work as well.

So the pump tube is going to be hot glued into place right below the grooves where the plungers rod fits when cocked. right at the back you are going to drill a hole for the vinyl tubing to go through. Keep these holes as low as possible. Then the valve is going to be sitting right behind the screw port where the light used to be. Make sure you have enough tubing. Also make sure that the location of the pump tube isnt going to affect the catch of the gun. If it does affect the catch simply cut some of the pump tube off so there is more distance between the pump tube and the catch.

Now the sliding arm that usually would cock the gun is going to become your new pump!
Now cut off the end at the appropriate length and now epoxy the plunger head from the pump onto the old cocking arm. You want to be able to get a full pump. (At the beginning the plunger head should be in the plunger tube and at the end of the motion the plunger head should be hitting the plunger tubes wall at the back.) If you have done all this properly it should look like this.
Posted Image
I had to sand down some ridges because they were grinding at the pump tube. Yes I know it looks sloppy. I was able to get those little peices of plastic off for a clean look after this photo.

When it came to connecting the vinyl tubing from the AT3K to the other pump I got really lucky. The at3k vinyl tubing fit inside the pumps vinyl tubing perfectly. Of course I covered the vinyl tubing with plumbers goop just in case.

Now when it comes to positioning the pressure chamber I would suggest wrapping the PC with e-tape to help keep it snug in place. You may need to sand down the top rims of the eagle eye where the top peice would snap inside. Bend the valves firing pin into a "U" shape. Now hot glue the valve into place and make sure it is aiming straight. Now take out the red sighting peice and drill a hole straight through it. Make sure some 17/32" fits nice and snug through it and it is centered
Now plumbers goop the brass on the valve and wait at least 24 hours before test firing it.
I did not go with a long length of brass because I wanted this thing to look clean. and I only planned on using stock darts with this mod. If you want to choose a longer length than I would reccomend 6" of 9/16" brass.

If you have done all of this so far it should look like this. I figure this one photo should say it all:
Posted Image
The barrel looks a bit crooked on the top but I was able to fix that by merely pushing down on the top of the red sight adjuster. :rolleyes:
You may also noticed I cut off that webbed part at the back of the eagle eye. I thought it would give it a more aesthetic look this way.
The eagle eye I had received was damaged and had only one good cocking arm so I decided to use this to my advantage. I covered up the hole in the other shell where the other side of the arm would normally protrude with long peices of a tape cassete. I also did a little bit of this on the other side. I also added foam everywhere to could to help silence the loud popping noise it makes sometimes. It did barely anything. I also added e-tape around the plunger tube to help prevent noise/vibration and again it barely did anything.

So thats it, all it needs now is a paint job and a demo video.

Paint job:
Posted Image

Demo Video:
Full screen this.

Ranges are good. I am guessing here. When aimed at a wall about 40 feet away I was able to hit it with both barrels. I would say that the Eagle eye can get 55 feet and the integrated AT3K can get 70-80 feet with a stock dart. If you were to use longer barrels and stefans the ranges would be even better. For that I would reccomend 5" of 17/32" for the Eagle eye and 6" of 9/16" with some light tightening rings at the back.

Comments? Questions? What do you guys think?

Edited by Forsaken_angel24, 26 December 2006 - 12:10 AM.

I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#2 ogopogo

ogopogo

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 26 December 2006 - 12:12 AM

Yet another awsome mod for a awsome not modded much gun. And the At3k intagration is just iceing on the cake of nerfy goodness.

Edited by ogopogo, 26 December 2006 - 12:13 AM.

#3 WratH

WratH

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 26 December 2006 - 12:12 AM

Excellent music, excellent mask, excellent mod. Once again.
Death be not proud. Though some have called the mighty and dreadful... Thou art not so.

#4 Retiate

Retiate

• Members
  • 778 posts

Posted 26 December 2006 - 12:49 AM

Hahaha. Pretty nice mask you got there. Nice mod too, I've never used this gun before, so I don't know how well it is stock. But, it looks like a great sidearm, and might even be a decent primary. I like how you made the old cocking mechanism into the pump, makes it looks a lot cleaner. What was the reason for making the gun use stock darts?

#5 Team Slaya

Team Slaya

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 26 December 2006 - 10:52 PM

Good job on this, man. I had one before, but unless you cut it down tremendously it can't work as a sidearm. And even then it's large.

But more power to you if you can and do use it. And good job, looks pretty clean.

TS

#6 SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

• Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 26 December 2006 - 11:10 PM

Beautiful work. Only one question: is the picture wire going to be strong enough to withstand the prolonged cocking pressure of the new industrial spring?
The only commonly shared fate among us all is death. I turn to the shadows so that I may not be unfamiliar with hell's corridors when I arrive. - SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

Founder of the Shadow Militia.
Founder of Nightshade Laboratories and The Nightshade Armament Corporation.

#7 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 02:40 AM

Ogopogo: Thanks.

Wrath: Thanks X3. This mask will be replacing the old man mask untill I find a way to repair it. I hope plumbers goop will work with tears.

Retiate: When I got this gun it would shoot a mega 23 feet. It is the cleanest integration I have ever done. I wanted this gun to shoot stock darts mainly because I wanted to create a clean looking gun. It just doesnt look as clean with brass or pvc protruding from the actual case. Besides It is the first modded gun that I can comfortably use indoors. It is a huge sidearm but by the way you hold this thing it is more of a primary.

Team slaya: I have never been to a nerf war and even if I did I would not use this as a primary or secondary. It is just not my style of gun. Right now I just want to take a gun and modify it as best as I can. It doesnt matter whether I use it or not. I have modifed and done write ups for alot of guns but I think out of all the guns I have modded I would only ever use a RF20, Magstrike,Pump action shotgun 2, and my SSII. Once my longshot and crossbow mods are done I am sure I would be willing to use them too.

SHA: The framing wire is very strong and I have put quite a few shots now through the Eagle eye. You will have a better chance of your knot coming undone than the wire breaking.

One cool thing I forgot to mention is that the battery compartment can flip open and store two stefans or CTD's.

Keep commenting guys. If you have something to say about this mod then say it. It is comments that keep me posting these write ups. I gotta say back when I did my Demon Fang and barely anyone commented, I was ready to stop doing write ups because nobody cares kinda thing.

Edited by Forsaken_angel24, 27 December 2006 - 02:42 AM.

I know its bad,
After what we had,

#8 JurassicPark

JurassicPark

• Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 10:57 PM

This looks sweet. Nice job! Is this bulky or heavy?
"Why can't we see shit? Thats not a good sign."

-My Dad

#9 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 11:45 PM

Thank you.
Is it bulky? For a side arm yeah.
Is it heavy? kinda. It weighs close to the same as an electric eel.
Is it the best damn eagle eye mod I am ever going to see? You bet your ass!
I know its bad,
After what we had,

#10 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 29 December 2006 - 10:34 AM

Nice!

I'd like to see you mod an electric eel. I remmeber Baghead modded it a while ago but there haven't been any REALLY cool mods for it.... And the gun has potential.

Edited by nerfer34, 29 December 2006 - 10:35 AM.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

#11 Ubermensch

Ubermensch

• Members
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 06:38 PM

FA, how did you open the gun? The cocking handle on mine keeps getting in the way and I can't figure out how to remove it.

Edited by Ubermensch, 06 February 2008 - 06:38 PM.

"In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."-Carl Sagan
Nerf Rocket Air Launcher

#12 Omega

Omega

• Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 07:22 PM

Ahh, hell. Another -_- Angel mod I don't have the cash for. God dammit, Angel, you're ruining my savings fund!

You've been busy lately, no?

Edited by Omega, 06 February 2008 - 07:22 PM.

QUOTE(Vishamon)
My rule is that those wearing a thong are considered to be invisible to other players.

#13 Cmdrmack

Cmdrmack

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 07:46 PM

Kind of an old topic folks.

Ubermensch, perhaps a PM would have been a better venue to ask this question.
QUOTE(Predalien_Ro @ Apr 7 2008, 10:24 PM) View Post

Oompa: FECES!? Who in their right mind would try that shit!?

Bigger Salvo

{FWPC}

#14 Ubermensch

Ubermensch

• Members
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 08:11 PM

I posted with a valid question. What's wrong with that?
"In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."-Carl Sagan
Nerf Rocket Air Launcher

#15 rokor

rokor

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 08:29 PM

The fact thats its two years old, thats what the problem is! Even if you have a valid question, its not a very complicated answer, you get a screwdriver, put it in the hole, look for the screws, press down, turn the screwdriver left, and repeat untilll all of them are out. Hope that was specific enough for ya.
"Sorry rokor...my cousin is gay too...it's okay...we're tolerant"
Talio in Shoutbox.

#16 Cmdrmack

Cmdrmack

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 10:57 PM

Rokor, shut up. There aren't any screws in the Eagle Eye's priming handle.

Ubermensch, yeas, you did post with a valid question, and there's nothing wrong with that. I wasn't questioning the validity of your question, but rather asking if maybe that question could have been asked via PM, rather than bringing up an old topic.

As I recall, The Eagle Eye's priming handle is at least somewhat similar to the Longshots. I don't think just prying it off will work, but if you can get a small flathead screwdriver in there, you may be able to pry off one of the plastic things that's holding it on. I'm not sure though, it's been a while since I worked with one of these.
QUOTE(Predalien_Ro @ Apr 7 2008, 10:24 PM) View Post

Oompa: FECES!? Who in their right mind would try that shit!?

Bigger Salvo

{FWPC}

#17 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 12:09 AM

FA, how did you open the gun? The cocking handle on mine keeps getting in the way and I can't figure out how to remove it.

A valid question indeed. Worthy of resurrection.

Why? Because others may have the same problem and it was something I never spoke about in the write up.
To be honest I just pulled it off with my bare hands. If you don't have beastly strength, Feel free to use the back end of a hammer. I think the one priming nub had problems staying on afterwards. A little Fishin Glue and plumbers goop solved that problem.
I know its bad,
After what we had,

#18 team stray dogs

team stray dogs

• Banned
  • 48 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 12:25 AM

SWEET
the god of nerf wars

#19 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 12:30 AM

I am glad you like it.

I hear that bringing a topic back from the dead is extremely erotic here.
You could have just told this to me directly through pm. Considering we are conversing right now through pm.

Edited by Forsaken_angel24, 19 December 2008 - 12:31 AM.

I know its bad,
After what we had,

#20 teamturbo95

teamturbo95

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 07:58 PM

It looks like it would make a perfect siderm. :lol:

#21 diamondbacknf1626

diamondbacknf1626

• Members
  • 835 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 08:08 PM

Please ignore.

Edited by diamondbacknf1626, 14 April 2009 - 09:43 PM.

QUOTE(TxNerfer @ Nov 13 2010, 12:42 PM) View Post

Hey...I got a crazy idea: how about you stop all that sigging stuff? It's not even my thread and it annoys me.

#22 Ubermensch

Ubermensch

• Members
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 08:53 PM

Additionally, it's best to PM the OP with complements such as this. :ph34r:
Nerf Rocket Air Launcher

#23 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 09:51 PM

It looks like it would make a perfect siderm. :ph34r:

It does, doesn't it?

Don't do this again.

-Piney-
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users