Photo

So Who's Seen Or Plan To See Dragon Ball Evolution?

6 replies to this topic

#1 b00m13

b00m13

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 06:45 PM

Hey guys/gals :(

Did you or do you plan on watching Dragon Ball Evolution?

Personally I laughed at the idea of a live action Dragon Ball. I mean, I grew up with Dragon Ball when I was a kid (before when many of the younger members here were even born yet). I tried to picture some actor cosplaying with a 2 feet long hair cut extending out in all directions from his head; a bald headed perv wearing a turtle shell on his back; and a hot blue haired teenage girl who's constantly flashing her panties/privates (I grew up with the subbed uncensored Japanese version).
I was kind of disappointed when I found out that Goku was a normal Human high schooler (with NO TAIL!!), that master Roshi HAD HAIR!!, and Bulma... although still hot... didn't have BLUE HAIR!!

But I calmed down a bit when I listened to the actors try to explain the reasons for the changes to the Dragon Ball movie

Dragon Ball Evolution review link

so that clip made me want to watch it a little bit, but what really convinced me to go for it, were these clips

Funny shiet part 1

Funny shiet part 2

But hey, to anyone who DID see it already, was it good? Is it worth my $10? T-T

Edited by b00m13, 10 April 2009 - 06:46 PM.

The only place Wal-Mart exists in New York, is in our TV's.

#2 k9turrent

k9turrent

• Members
  • 829 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 06:50 PM

My friend left the theater less than half way through the movie to get his money back.
QUOTE View Post

That's about it. And thanks Angela who helped me with these pictures.. It looks huge in her hands.

HOLY CRAP!

FU ALL

#3 Echnalaid

Echnalaid

• Members
  • 981 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 07:05 PM

I just saw it. It was OK. Some of the dialogue didn't sound quite right, and Piccolo didn't seem like Piccolo. At least Grandpa Gohan and Roshi were asian. Some parts were funny, mainly in the beginning when Goku opens the lockers. And speaking of lockers, Chi Chi seemed to flaunt her goodies at every scene she was in. Kamehameha was probably the best part. Yamcha seemed wrong. Shenlong's CGI was great though.

See it matinee if your theater has it, not worth $10, only if you're a diehard DBZ fan. If you just like DBZ, like me, $7 is good.

Edited by Echnalaid, 10 April 2009 - 07:07 PM.

There was something on the bottom of the ad that said erotyka. Sounds like something spicy -Renegademilitia15

#4 b00m13

b00m13

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 07:15 PM

Chi Chi seemed to flaunt her goodies at every scene she was in. Shenlong's CGI was great though.

AH MAN!! They showed Shenlong?!! T-T
I wonder what they wished for... DON'T TELL ME/US Echnalaid!! Leave us some secrets plz!!

But nice on the heads up about Chi Chi's goodies ah he he he *nose bleed* :(
The only place Wal-Mart exists in New York, is in our TV's.

#5 Echnalaid

Echnalaid

• Members
  • 981 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 07:25 PM

But nice on the heads up about Chi Chi's goodies ah he he he *nose bleed* :(

And might I add Chi Chi's goodies are NOT ugly. *Nudge nudge*
I'd hit that.
There was something on the bottom of the ad that said erotyka. Sounds like something spicy -Renegademilitia15

#6 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 07:38 PM

I went and saw it at midnight. Very different than the old shows that used to be on Cartoon Network. Too American; it didn't have the same feel that the original animes had.

You probably won't like it if you're a really big Dragonball/DBZ fan but the acting and storyline were bad enough that it was worth going for a laugh. Just my opinion.
SexD Warves

#7 Ubermensch

Ubermensch

• Members
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 06:17 AM

I love the anime, and although the movie is guaranteed to suck, I'ma go see
It anyway.
"In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."-Carl Sagan
Nerf Rocket Air Launcher

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users