One Pump At3k

Clearing things up a little

30 replies to this topic

#1 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 07:40 PM

EDIT: THIS MOD ONLY WORKS WITH SINGLED 3K'S! If you find a way to do this mod and keep the turret, you'll probably be the first.

Here's my One-Pump 3k. It's a single barrel AT3K that has a full tank after one pump, and still gets 70' range on average. This is also with an un-plugged pump.

Posted Image

The mod is very simple, really. First, I removed that stupid goo tube, and covered the spot where it used to be with JB weld.

Posted Image

Here's the main part of the mod. Take both halves of the pump handle, and dremel off the front screw post on both halves. When the gun is put back together, the pump should extend out this far:

Posted Image

This is a little wobbly, but it is still stable with only one screw.

Now you're done. If your pump is plugged, it may take 2-3 pumps, but if it's not, it's full after one pump.

To complete the mod, I singled it. I used a 17/32 brass/ 1/2" PVC barrel

Posted Image

Enjoy :blink:

EDIT: It's time to fix this fucking mistake.

When I did this mod, I had already singled the gun and removed the turret rotation tab. So when I increased the pump-stroke length, I didn't think about it. You must remove the turret rotation tab for this mod to work. So basically this mod is only for singled 3k's.

I apologize for not making this all clear in the first place.

Edited by AssassinNF, 11 April 2009 - 04:27 PM.

Probably dead by now, or something.

#2 NiteWalker

NiteWalker

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 07:51 PM

Yeah I dicsovered you can fill an at3k airtank with 1 pump long ago, when I integrated it in places. The thing is, the plugging of the pump makes a huge difference. My 6 shot at3k get's around 65' and it only has those double ended markers as barrels(it's still a really nice fit) and it has it's pump plugged. With an auto-rotating mechanism the extra pumping doesn't matter.
NEW Write-up of the DTG/At3k:
Click here
Credit to Carrtoon for the mod.

"The mother of invention is need... Who doesn't have to pelt people with foam?"

#3 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 07:55 PM

Good. Now add a pump-operated breech on there and a clip and you've got yourself a beast.
SexD Warves

#4 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 08:20 PM

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking of doing next.

#5 aribiter

aribiter

• Banned
  • 93 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 10:52 PM

Preaty cool but i bet you could get more range if you plugged the pump and pumped it 2 times.
nerf or nothing

#6 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 05:35 PM

Preaty cool but i bet you could get more range if you plugged the pump and pumped it 2 times.

You could probably get even more range if you had a longer barrel. That barrel is pretty short. I think my singled AT3K has at least a 8" barrel.

You might want to also do what NerfMonkey suggested. Even just breach loading the dart helps with range a lot.

#7 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 09:40 PM

You could probably get even more range if you had a longer barrel. That barrel is pretty short. I think my singled AT3K has at least a 8" barrel.

You might want to also do what NerfMonkey suggested. Even just breach loading the dart helps with range a lot.

A longer barrel wouldn't help me, as I use tag darts. Stefans are just too hard to find after you shoot 'em, and I have 100's of taggers. I've made alot of CDT's, but not enough to switch to longer barrels yet. That might change after I get some white FBR, but it's not likely.

And with plugging the pump, I prefer not to risk having my gun explode just for a little extra range. ;)

#8 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 14 January 2007 - 01:50 AM

Stefans are just too hard to find after you shoot 'em,

I beleive I can help you with that.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#9 PiMpDaDdY

PiMpDaDdY

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 14 January 2007 - 03:50 PM

Very nice! I like the look of that alot. You should consider painting that.
NerfMonkey:
I only ask because I'm thinking of trying these and it would suck if the balls got all covered with hairs after a while.

#10 Paloose

Paloose

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 07:15 AM

A longer barrel wouldn't help me, as I use tag darts.

I use Taggers too and all I do is add a coupler onto a barrel like yours and then just use a pvc barrel (without the brass) as the extension. It helped on my BBB and my Titan, and seeing how my BBB gets about the same range as my AT3k, it should help with yours.

#11 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 10:46 PM

I'm going to be making myself a standard brassed 3k pretty soon, as a backup weapon and a spare for guests and stuff. I'll be doing the pump handle thing to it, definitely.

Personally, I would've left the turret intact. That's what I'll be doing, and it'll blow the crap out of the ROF of a singled one. Even when breached. Nice find, definitely. Thanks for posting it!
----------||||||||)
QUOTE(Ilùvatar @ 0000) View Post
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

#12 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 07:49 PM

Forsaken: I've been considering it. I've already bought some white FBR that's coming to my house. If that stuff is shitty, I'll buy some Red FBR from you.

Pimpdaddy: Thinking about that, too!

Paloose: I use straight PVC on alot of guns, too, but this gun just got better range w/ the brass. plus it's JB welded on...

Falcon: the only reason I didn't leave the turret is because the turret was seriously fucked up. Otherwise I would have left it. This gun was more of an experiment than a modification, but it worked great, and I'm about to do this mod to my brassed turreted 3k.

EDIT: I just understood what Paloose said. That's a good Idea, and I have plenty of couplers laying around. I'll definitely try it.

Edited by AssassinNF, 16 January 2007 - 07:53 PM.

#13 six-five-two

six-five-two

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 10:59 PM

Sorry for the big bump, but what did you do about that plastic piece that rotates the turret? It gets in the way if you pull the gun back too much.

#14 blister

blister

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 11:07 PM

Sorry for the big bump, but what did you do about that plastic piece that rotates the turret? It gets in the way if you pull the gun back too much.

Well, he removed the turret. So he probably took that tab off.
Subvert the Dominant Paradigm.

#15 umdlancer

umdlancer

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 11:09 PM

What do you mean?

Do you have your AT3k singled like AssassinNF's, and is the plastic piece on the top of the pump handel keeping you from pulling the pump all the way forward? If both of the above are the case, then you can just cut that piece off from the pump, as the turret indexing mechanism is useless on a singled gun.

If it isn't singled, then you'll have to show us some pics of what's happening, as the mechanism is designed so that it shouldn't be snagging on anything.

#16 six-five-two

six-five-two

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 11:12 PM

Oh crap, forgot he singled his, mine isn't singled.

#17 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 06:14 PM

Did you see my 3k reinforcement mod? I have my 3k 1 pump modded, plugged, petg'd, and reinforced works great!
Timothy M-Lick <3

#18 six-five-two

six-five-two

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 06:50 PM

Did you see my 3k reinforcement mod? I have my 3k 1 pump modded, plugged, petg'd, and reinforced works great!

You never did that, if so... give link.

#19 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 07:46 PM

Ummm yeah I did, theres a thing called "Thread history".

http://nerfhaven.com...wtopic=9841&hl=

Dunno how It only got 1 reply, I find it way better than noob questions and such....
Timothy M-Lick <3

#20 six-five-two

six-five-two

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 12:08 AM

Well you never said At3k once in your post, it was just 3k... and the search thing limits so little amount of letters, plus FORSAKEN_ANGEL24 HASN'T ADDED THAT TO THE MODIFICATIONS DIRECTORY YET (slight hint there).

#21 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 04:20 PM

Well, he removed the turret. So he probably took that tab off.

My n00by older threads make me cringe.

When I did this mod, I had already singled the gun and removed the turret rotation tab. So when I increased the pump-stroke length, I didn't think about it. You must remove the turret rotation tab for this mod to work. So basically this mod is only for singled 3k's. I apologize for not making this all clear in the first place.

This n00bish mistake has come back to haunt me multiple times now, so I'm going to fix it. I'm editing this thread to better explain the mod and prevent people from trying this on turretted 3k's.

#22 Galaxy613

Galaxy613

• Members
  • 999 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 11:21 PM

Yeah, this sorta confused me when I got my AT3k. Thanks for clearing it up for everyone. :ph34r:
[Former Caretaker of the Guru Mk2]

#23 umpshaplapa

umpshaplapa

• Members
  • 636 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 08:35 PM

Why would plugging the pump make you pump more times?
QUOTE(Talio @ Jun 29 2009, 01:50 PM) View Post

i got a black belt in noob banning in 2004.

#24 Gazoo

Gazoo

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 08:37 PM

Why would plugging the pump make you pump more times?

I'm guessing, Because it can hold more air, and doesn't stop at a certain pressure.
groove- Blatant asshattery will not be tolerated

#25 Mehku

Mehku

• Members
  • 383 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 09:08 PM

Wow, I'm impressed. I never really liked many air guns that much because they are a bitch to load. However, this gun might be worth going after now that you figured out how to prime it with one pump.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users