Photo

N-strike Recon Red Dot Scope-with A Rogue Twist!

A modular secondary.

28 replies to this topic

#1 NerfRogue83

NerfRogue83

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 09:33 PM

Removed

Edited by NerfRogue83, 04 August 2010 - 11:18 PM.

IRC chat: louiec3-- he offered $500 for someone to build a bomb he could send to his ex wife
Rknight-- wow......N9---your dad is in trouble now!

#2 diamondbacknf1626

diamondbacknf1626

• Members
  • 835 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 09:37 PM

Nicely done, my friend. I'm glad to see the internal pics. You may want to try to straigten the 2k tank a bit though, firing it may damage the valve if the tank is crooked.

Something like this is a great candidate for useful integrations, namely LS's with rail mods in place of a front gun integration. It could simplify the ls 2k/integration greatly. I remember something similar, although it was within a longshot scope, rather than the recon light, and if I remember correctly, it was singled. I very much prefer this.

Edited by diamondbacknf1626, 09 April 2009 - 09:38 PM.

QUOTE(TxNerfer @ Nov 13 2010, 12:42 PM) View Post

Hey...I got a crazy idea: how about you stop all that sigging stuff? It's not even my thread and it annoys me.

#3 dizzyduck

dizzyduck

• Members
  • 627 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 09:41 PM

Interesting. I had an idea to do something like this with a Longshot scope and using a SSPB pump instead of an AT2K pump.

The barrels on your 2K turret don't appear to be straight.
Duck off.
Art & Stuff

#4 NerfRogue83

NerfRogue83

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 09:41 PM

Nicely done, my friend. I'm glad to see the internal pics. You may want to try to straigten the 2k tank a bit though, firing it may damage the valve if the tank is crooked.

Something like this is a great candidate for useful integrations, namely LS's with rail mods in place of a front gun integration. It could simplify the ls 2k/integration greatly. I remember something similar, although it was within a longshot scope, rather than the recon light, and if I remember correctly, it was singled. I very much prefer this.

Thanks for the kind words my friend, I told you Rogue was cooking something up. I will refine the position of the 2K tank also, thanks for the suggestion. The idea was really to compliment the LS and Mav-Strike, and I think this really does accomplish that. It adds range and ROF.
IRC chat: louiec3-- he offered $500 for someone to build a bomb he could send to his ex wife

#5 wingd man

wingd man

• Members
  • 514 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 09:43 PM

Interesting... I think I'll do this except with a SSPB (but still using the turret of the AT2K).

#6 NerfRogue83

NerfRogue83

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 09:48 PM

Interesting. I had an idea to do something like this with a Longshot scope and using a SSPB pump instead of an AT2K pump.

The barrels on your 2K turret don't appear to be straight.

Yes I know, the goop was not fully cured yet--I was kinda rushed the other day. I did attempt to straighten them-they seem better now. This was really a prototype-I plan on refining the design, as well as my methods. Do you think this is worthy of the mod directory? I hope it is.

#7 flashflint

flashflint

• Members
  • 607 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 09:49 PM

Now fire the magstrike.... :D

Seriously though, good idea.

#8 NerfRogue83

NerfRogue83

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 09:52 PM

Now fire the magstrike.... :D

Seriously though, good idea.

Yeah, thats why I stated from the very begining that I knew someone was gonna make that same comment. In that PARTICULAR situation the 2K scope takes over the role of the Mag-strike, its added only after all 3 clips have been let go.

#9 SchizophrenicMC

SchizophrenicMC

• Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 09:55 PM

Ach, stole my idea!

I was gonna stick a Titan tank on the Ap-Sight and call it a rifle grenade...

Beat me to it, and, I'll say this is more useful. Good job.
QUOTE(NerfUK @ May 8 2009, 11:54 AM) View Post

(I forgot to take a picture of my own poppers)

QUOTE(analogkid @ May 20 2009, 10:04 PM) View Post

Every size rod you could ever want.

#10 NerfRogue83

NerfRogue83

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 09:59 PM

Ach, stole my idea!

I was gonna stick a Titan tank on the Ap-Sight and call it a rifle grenade...

Beat me to it, and, I'll say this is more useful. Good job.

Thank you sir, I really appreciate all the constructive comments so far--I have really been tring to make myself usefull around here.
SMC-sorry i beat ya to it--now you can replicate it though. Game on!!

#11 Skorpion

Skorpion

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 09:59 PM

Hey thats awesome keep up the good work! :D

#12 NerfCrazy

NerfCrazy

• Members
  • 497 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 10:08 PM

I did this quite a while ago and when I pull my key ring it almost pulls it off the tactical rail and am wondering if you have this problem. Also, I like how you turreted yours.

#13 PointBlank

PointBlank

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 10:20 PM

Instant integration... Beautiful!
You can agree with me.... or you can be wrong.

My Latest Mods
The Cyclops
Pointblank Titan

#14 NerfRogue83

NerfRogue83

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 10:21 PM

I did this quite a while ago and when I pull my key ring it almost pulls it off the tactical rail and am wondering if you have this problem. Also, I like how you turreted yours.

To tell you the truth,I really have not had an issue with it. The pull is real easy, and when I pull the keychain I push lightly against the back of the scope with my thumb--so no issue for me.
Thank you, the turrent was an important element to me.

Edited by NerfRogue83, 09 April 2009 - 10:22 PM.

#15 NerfRogue83

NerfRogue83

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 10:23 PM

Instant integration... Beautiful!

Isn't the N-Strike tactical rail a beautifull thing? Thank you, I really do hope many decide to try this.

#16 TAiLsChaser

TAiLsChaser

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 11:09 PM

A whole year later and it most definitely looks and works better than mine. If I can ever find a 2k, i'll have to make the change.
"Every mod I do is original. I'm a true modder; not a mod re-performer."

"It’s only after you’ve made the mistake and taken the wrong path, do you see all the other options that were before you."

#17 NerfRogue83

NerfRogue83

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 07:26 AM

A whole year later and it most definitely looks and works better than mine. If I can ever find a 2k, i'll have to make the change.

Thanks man, I appreciate that. I am going to make several more, and hopefully those will look even better.
Note:I have switched to metal fishing line for the trigger instead of 12 gauge wire. I feel it looks cleaner and is more durable.

#18 SonReeceSonJensen

SonReeceSonJensen

• Members
  • 662 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 02:12 PM

In your new iterations you should make a 2 or 3 barrel mod, and have a few at the ready for any situation.

Or get a Vulcan and just put three on it.
The Difference:
-Guns shoot bullets that kill people
-Blasters shoot darts that tag people

I do not play with guns.

#19 NerfRogue83

NerfRogue83

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 02:17 PM

In your new iterations you should make a 2 or 3 barrel mod, and have a few at the ready for any situation.

Or get a Vulcan and just put three on it.

The RogueScope is really just to compliment the primary, I never intended for it to be a stand-alone unit for a fill in as a primary. I like the current configuration because it is uncomplicated, although it does need some more refining. Thank you for the suggestion though.

#20 NerfRogue83

NerfRogue83

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 04:08 PM

Update- New pics! I give you the painted and finished ROGUESCOPE
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#21 slienced assassin

slienced assassin

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 06:24 PM

I need to try something like this. It looks cool with the black paintjob.
92% of teens have moved on to rap.
If you are part of the 8% who still listen to "real music",
copy and paste this into your signature

http://supernerf.piczo.com/?cr=1

#22 NerfRogue83

NerfRogue83

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 06:28 PM

I need to try something like this. It looks cool with the black paintjob.

Thanks bro, I hoped the paint would add the finishing touch.

#23 Shrub

Shrub

• Banned
  • 862 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 07:20 PM

Very,Very nice work. the barrels would be better with brass or PETG though becuase you can get them straight. Also You couldv'e dremeled to where the tank if the scope is held flat it too is paralel so that the turret can be straight.
Favorite Quotes:
Sorry to hear that man, it's like that one famous bumper sticker, "Shit Happens"
it still seems that your balls drop very rapidly

#24 NerfRogue83

NerfRogue83

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 04:47 PM

Very,Very nice work. the barrels would be better with brass or PETG though becuase you can get them straight. Also You couldv'e dremeled to where the tank if the scope is held flat it too is paralel so that the turret can be straight.

Yeah, the next one will most certainly be better, I plan on making a few more at least. Thank you for the feedback though.

#25 NerfRogue83

NerfRogue83

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 05:30 PM

Just a few pics of the RogueScope on top of my cpvc barreled BBBB. I used part of a broken NF for the tactical rail, so now it accepts the RogueScope like the rest of my blasters. The BBBB will look much better when painted, enjoy-Rogue.
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users