Photo

The Messiah

42 replies to this topic

#26 Vistagecko

Vistagecko

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 08:34 PM

May I be the first to say that this mod is actually really cool? He took a six shot gun, singled it, and then added an additional 20 shots. Who cares if it's not as good as a DTG? If it's practical, which I assume it is, it's good.

Carrying an RF20 along with a singled longshot, is a nice combo. Was it worthy of its own name? Maybe, maybe not, honestly, who gives a flying fuck?
QUOTE(The Kart Racing Nerf Man @ May 6 2009, 07:31 PM) View Post

I lubed it again and again, I don't see what an extra 2 centimeters does. I don't think I will cut it off.
BMX Forum

#27 Disturbed

Disturbed

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 08:40 PM

Ah yes but I must ask you this one question. Was it a flying fuck or a flying duck?

And its the first RF20 intergration into a longshot.
If you nerf in Washington, I am a host of SANO, Seattle Area Nerf Out. PM me, would love to add you to the Washington nerf crew.

#28 ice

ice

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 08:43 PM

My name is vain?!?! XD Since when am I the messiah?

Not a bad mod though...
<!--quoteo(post=206428:date=Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM:name=Mukersman)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mukersman @ Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
Turd stefans. When I pulled these out of the pillow case i was just like, what... the... fuck...
Muker
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#29 PointBlank

PointBlank

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 09:08 PM

I'm with Tailo on this one, it looks cool but its not Jesus.. Good work! It would look great with a paint job.

Edited by PointBlank, 08 April 2009 - 09:08 PM.

You can agree with me.... or you can be wrong.

My Latest Mods
The Cyclops
Pointblank Titan

#30 dizzyduck

dizzyduck

• Members
  • 627 posts
  • State:Kentucky

Posted 08 April 2009 - 09:22 PM

2) YOUR MOD DOES NOT DESERVE A NAME. Names go to incredible mods.

I disagree. If the guy wants to name his blaster, then let him name his blaster. Heck, I name just about all of my blasters, and I doubt anyone would consider what I do to be anywhere close to "incredible".

I will say, though, that I don't think this mod warranted its own thread with the small amount of information presented. You just provided a pic and two sentences explaining it. I'd agree with some people when they say this would be much better suited for the Mod & Paint Job thread.
Duck off.
Art & Stuff

#31 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts
  • State:Washington
  • u/LukeKoboJobo on Reddit

Posted 08 April 2009 - 09:25 PM

I doubt anyone would consider what I do to be anywhere close to "incredible".

Not true, my man, not true at all. Let's just say that most of your blasters deserve to be named more than other "ground breaking" mods around here, cough that one thing that people call re-barelled RFSG's cough cough.

Edited by TantumBull, 08 April 2009 - 09:25 PM.

#32 idk59

idk59

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 10:04 PM

Probably works nicely so thumbs up on that. But looks really big and heavy. i wouldn't use that in a nerf war. Lets just keep it with a dart tag blaster

#33 Disturbed

Disturbed

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 10:07 PM

Probably works nicely so thumbs up on that. But looks really big and heavy. i wouldn't use that in a nerf war. Lets just keep it with a dart tag blaster

You could always use a strap. Numa, how much does it weigh?
If you nerf in Washington, I am a host of SANO, Seattle Area Nerf Out. PM me, would love to add you to the Washington nerf crew.

#34 mintee

mintee

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 10:30 PM

May I be the first to say that this mod is actually really cool? He took a six shot gun, singled it, and then added an additional 20 shots. Who cares if it's not as good as a DTG? If it's practical, which I assume it is, it's good.

Carrying an RF20 along with a singled longshot, is a nice combo. Was it worthy of its own name? Maybe, maybe not, honestly, who gives a flying fuck?

He singled a six shot gun when there are ways to increase range without reducing rate of fire or getting rid of the clips. He glued on a huge POS that takes ages to reload and prime, and made the Longshot much more unwieldy in the process.

How is this RF20/Longshot monster practical? The DTG is much easier to prime than an RF20, is more accurate and less wasteful of ammo, is smaller and lighter, which makes it more suitable for an integration than an RF20.

The singled Longshot is already impractical enough as it is when there's the brass breech mod for it. Why not get an AT2k/3k instead?

#35 Fome

Fome

• Banned
  • 312 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 12:01 AM

Constructive criticism is great and all but seriously people, dial down the hostility.

Everyone starts small. Everyone has dumb ideas, and we should celebrate all the people who actually put these dumb ideas into practice because it allows the rest of us to learn from them. An elitist and cocky attitude does nothing to cultivate new ideas.

Dizzyduck, big props man, not only to your amazing mods, but to your accompanying humble attitude. It's really refreshing.

And for the record, I don't think this particular mod is a bad one. In fact, it accomplishes a fundamental goal of integrations, which is compensating one blaster's weakness with another one's strengths. CaptainSlug integrated an RF20 into a BBBB and no one jumped up his butt, AND he named it. Of course, who would criticize someone like CS?

Name your fucking blasters if you want, it's your gun. If anything it'll save you the trouble of saying "Rapidfire20 Integrated Singled Longshot" everytime you reference your gun.

#36 Renegademilitia15

Renegademilitia15

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 09:48 AM

Does this remind anyone other than me of that RF20+Xbow Abomination that General Cole made?

Anyway, if you feel the need to name your gun, that's okay. I usually don't name my guns, mostly because I don't really need a name to make my gun look/sound cool. If your gun truly awesome, then It doesn't need something superficial to make it be that way.

Oh, and this most definitely should go into the Mod/PJ thread. If your gun is important/good enough, people will PM input to you.

As for my input, A perfect gun should have the mixture of long range capability and short range backups. Even though your LS has long range and short range, it is missing something. It's not compact. Also its not a good idea to integrate two large primaries together.
Singled RFS
FA_24's response to Ice's back pain thread:

I used to have that problem until I got circumcised. 15 pounds later I was able to stand up straight.

#37 Homestarune

Homestarune

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 11:20 AM

Is this groundbreaking? No it's not. But if you are getting the ranges that you claim to get, then you have have accomplished your purpose. There's no rule that says whatever you make has to be pretty, which this gun certainly isn't. I really don't get why everyone needs to flame him over naming his gun. Then again, if you have any religious beliefs, I can understand not liking this particular name.
We're not discouraging people from joining a Nerf forum, we're discouraging them from joining this forum. It's an important distinction because, frankly, we don't give a shit. The Haven was created to escape the idiotic masses, now they're all here. -cxwq

#38 numa-t49

numa-t49

• Members
  • 119 posts
  • State:New Jersey

Posted 09 April 2009 - 11:39 AM

Disturbed: it weighs about 12lbs

Im in the process of doing an intergation simmilar to the Dtg with the Rf20 (flipping the gun and using a key ring)
Hopefully that will make it better looking and more compact
I will post more current picks of the gun before i start working on it again.

Someone said it but this is the first Rf20 Ls integration and hopefully the experienced modders are thinking of ways to make it more practical and make it better.

#39 Fome

Fome

• Banned
  • 312 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 01:22 PM

Im in the process of doing an intergation simmilar to the Dtg with the Rf20 (flipping the gun and using a key ring)

Huh? have you even opened the rf20 yet? It uses a push-button valve. The easiest way to simplify the trigger would be to pull that out and attach something comfy to the pin.

#40 Disturbed

Disturbed

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 01:27 PM

Someone said it but this is the first Rf20 Ls integration and hopefully the experienced modders are thinking of ways to make it more practical and make it better.

Good thinking. According to a few posters, there has been RF20 intergrations into Xbows and BBBBs, so your idea expanded that. I do believe you could attempt to make it smaller, though you would probably have to take out the tank and relocate it and all that stuff (a newer modder/intergrator might find that challenging).

#41 NerfRogue83

NerfRogue83

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 02:25 PM

There are no closed doors, only ones you have yet to open.-Rogue

One of the most appealing aspects of this hobbie, in my opinion-is the fact that almost anything is possible with enough planning and ingenuity.Keep thinking and tring, you will be successfull if you do not get discouraged and feed into the negitive propaganda. At the end of everything, this is a HOBBIE, if taken too serious you won't enjoy it and then whats the point?Have fun, keep at it, and succeed! In the words of Yoda--Do, or do not--there is no try! Keep focused+positive!
IRC chat: louiec3-- he offered $500 for someone to build a bomb he could send to his ex wife
Rknight-- wow......N9---your dad is in trouble now!

#42 Ubermensch

Ubermensch

• Members
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 06:09 AM

Crude, but I think it would be really useful in a game of HvZ.
"In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."-Carl Sagan
Nerf Rocket Air Launcher

#43 numa-t49

numa-t49

• Members
  • 119 posts
  • State:New Jersey

Posted 11 April 2009 - 12:57 PM

Here Are some picks of the gun:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic