Happening tomorrow, May 16

74 replies to this topic

#1 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 02:01 AM

Yoo-hoo Shitheads!

When:May 16, from 9:30 AM to ??? I want to start AT 10, so be there early.

Where: Highland Park Disc Golf Course
Juniper Lane, St. Paul, MN 55116

What:
The most bad-ass Minnesota Nerf war to date. I wanna run this thing smoothly! It will probably be only one of two Nerf wars I attend this summer, so I want it to be damn good.
-There will be a schedule of games for the day
-I would like to eat at the location to save time, unless its ungodly hot/cold/rainy/tornado/hurricane/kittens
-Try to limit the blasters you bring to a Primary, a back up primary and a pistol or two. This will limit the amount of stuff you have to bring and hopefully limit downtime between rounds
What to bring
-Primary, and a back up or two
-Sidearm(s). At least one of them has to be a spring pistol
-Stefans/darts. Around 100 is usually good. I don't like mooches, so bring your own.
-Bandanna/headband for Gunslinger rounds
-Food for lunch
-WATER, it will probably be warm and we'll be running around.
-Your A-game!

Who: Any and All Minnesota and Midwest Nerfers.
Attending:
Ryan####
Flaming Hilt
Venom
Daniel Beaver
Koree
Bustaninja
Velveeta Avenger
Atomatron
SonReeceSonJensen
Snake5188 +4

Additional Rules:Titans, plugged big blasts/blast bazookas, any other excessively powerful blasters are banned. Just don't bother bringing them. If your being a douche bag, you will be asked to leave. I want this to be fun for everyone.

This post will constantly be updated accordingly.

Edited by sam, 15 May 2009 - 10:41 AM.

#2 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 03:50 AM

Expect me there.

#3 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 08:59 AM

Me also

#4 koree

koree

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 12:11 PM

Sounds like a plan. I'm 90% sure i'll be there.

#5 VelveetaAvenger

VelveetaAvenger

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 02:16 PM

No shotgun titans either? I've got a couple other things I can use, so it's no big deal, but I thought I'd double check since it's my favorite.

I should be fine with either date, hopefully nothing last minute comes up like last time.
"I never saw Beastmaster, I just wanted to be cool..."

#6 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 02:27 PM

How many barrels?

#7 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 02:30 PM

Alright. Lets do this.
Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

#8 Nerf Bros

Nerf Bros

• Members
  • 309 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 03:19 PM

50% chance we'll be there. One thing to work out, but we may make it. We'll see as it approaches.
We have no sig.

#9 VelveetaAvenger

VelveetaAvenger

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 03:33 PM

How many barrels?

3, but the pump isn't plugged or anything.
"I never saw Beastmaster, I just wanted to be cool..."

#10 venom213

venom213

• Validating
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 03:35 PM

Seeing how things have gone in the past, I think we'll have enough time between wars on either date, but I would prefer the latter just be sure. Either way I'll be there, and I will gladly have the burden of being the host lifted off me.

#11 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 03:55 PM

Ok, seeing as how the spirit of MN resides in home mades, and consequently really awesome or big ones, is there a limit on those? Like, are you going to flip a lid if "someone" comes with a "ban-cannon" made using a particularly large spring or something? Just asking.

And also, considering we all have different views on what a primary and a secondary are, would you get mad if we have an AT2K as a secondary or something? and also about integrations.

Sorry to ask so many questions, but I would much rather have them answered before hand then have you pitch a bitch that something isn't allowed.

But the down time also isn't a bad thing. Gives people a chance to catch their breath, restock, and have some fun light-hearted conversation that most wars have, so I think your goal to eliminate it all together is kinda far fetched.

My 2 cents.

Busta OUT!!!

#12 atomatron

atomatron

• Members
  • 579 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 04:19 PM

I'll be there unless something comes up.
Perche Germolgi. [Because it shoots]

Rainbow Clan

#13 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 07:17 PM

But the down time also isn't a bad thing. Gives people a chance to catch their breath, restock, and have some fun light-hearted conversation that most wars have, so I think your goal to eliminate it all together is kinda far fetched.

I wouldn't say eliminate downtime but, we really need to reduce it as much as we can. Last war every round it seemed like I was waiting for everyone to quit dicking around and get the next round started.

Sack up.

#14 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 08:51 PM

VelveetaAvenger, bring it, you'll probably be able to use it, but bring a back up just in case.

BustaNinja, since when does the spirit of MN reside in homemades? I'm not going to flip a lid, but you probably won't be able to use, so why bring it then? You can use whatever you want as a primary/secondary, but just make sure to bring at least one spring pistol. I don't want to get rid of down time altogether, just reduce it a lot. We can goof around before/during lunch/after.

I wouldn't say eliminate downtime but, we really need to reduce it as much as we can. Last war every round it seemed like I was waiting for everyone to quit dicking around and get the next round started.
Sack up.

Bingo!

#15 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 10:14 PM

Yeah, that makes sense. Even at the last war, where we were attempting to get going faster, it still took a long time in between rounds. I am sorta thinking the weather is to blame. I know I didn't want to move fast, seeing as how it was still a bit brisk outside, but even me, one of the prime "dickers" was definitely wanting a bit less down time. It seemed like it took forever to even just bring back the attention of the group, let alone decide on a round. I suppose all that can be done about it is planning, so you say you have a list or schedule? Awesome.

Can we please make schedules a norm at ALL future MN wars? This is a shout out to Venom. Although I enjoy Nerfing, I think taking a bit of prior planning to formulate a day and schedule is a good idea. Complete with everything you will need to each game type, like flags and whatnot. Thats honestly I think where alot of wars here suffer.

And the "ban Cannon" wont be something really crazy, just me trying to make the dreams of the "monster SNAP" envisioned by Carbon a reality. I found a HUGE industrial spring, which would make an awesome SNAP.

Oh, and I forgot to say, unless something super big comes up, I will be there. Nothing like Nerfing with the OMNERS (original MiNnesotaners)

Edited by BustaNinja, 07 April 2009 - 10:18 PM.

#16 koree

koree

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 05:00 PM

I would very much prefer if this event was held on the 16th of May as opposed to the 23rd, as I may leave the country on the 23rd for a few weeks.

#17 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 08:38 PM

-Stefans/darts. Around 100 is usually good. I don't like mooches, so bring your own.

I wish I only needed that many. With the inline clips I've been using, I burned through 300 in half a day :D Methinks I'm too trigger happy.

#18 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 08:52 PM

I wish I only needed that many. With the inline clips I've been using, I burned through 300 in half a day :P Methinks I'm too trigger happy.

considering you broke my SNAP trigger Twice, I would say so :) we love you beaver.

#19 koree

koree

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 09:03 PM

Hey Beaver, is your +bow working yet?

#20 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 10:09 PM

Ryan fixed it, but it hasn't arrived yet. We need to do team +bow vs team SNAP.

EDIT: I finally drank the koolaid and chose a stock avatar. The choice was clear: My Little Pony.

Edited by Daniel Beaver, 08 April 2009 - 11:22 PM.

#21 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 11:02 PM

Ryan fixed it, but it hasn't arrived yet. We need to do team +bow vs team SNAP.

Definitely.

Your +bow should be there tomorrow. It has been pimped.

I wish I only needed that many. With the inline clips I've been using, I burned through 300 in half a day tongue.gif Methinks I'm too trigger happy.

Ha...I went through about 360 darts at the last war, and only recovered a quarter of them. The RSCB barrel on the +bow is deadly.

#22 SonReeceSonJensen

SonReeceSonJensen

• Members
  • 662 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 03:06 PM

I’m in, pending hospitalization. 1st Nerf War!
The Difference:
-Guns shoot bullets that kill people
-Blasters shoot darts that tag people

I do not play with guns.

#23 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 11:23 AM

I would very much prefer if this event was held on the 16th of May as opposed to the 23rd, as I may leave the country on the 23rd for a few weeks.

I'll shoot for the 16th, the only reason it wouldn't be is if the 23rd works better for Flaming Hilt, Carrtoon, or Carbon.

I wish I only needed that many. With the inline clips I've been using, I burned through 300 in half a day :P Methinks I'm too trigger happy.

Yeah that was just an estimate. I usually bring about 250 or so. Also I will be scheduling dart pick ups more frequently.

#24 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 11:49 AM

YES.
" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
...and ideas are bulletproof. "
V

#25 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 01:54 PM

I'll shoot for the 16th, the only reason it wouldn't be is if the 23rd works better for Flaming Hilt, Carrtoon, or Carbon.

Speaking of Brandon, has anyone talked to him lately?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users