Pvc Question

PVC for a nightfinder?

6 replies to this topic

#1 troy2421

troy2421

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 07:27 PM

hey guys i recently was browsing home depot and saw that there pvc was 1.20$ for 10ft so i decided to buy some 1/2 inch and a half inch coupler so i was wondering if i bought the right stuff to do a pvc coupler mod on the nightfinder. Ive never screwed around with pvc or cpvc before and was wondering if i should have bought pvc or cpvc for this mod and if i bought the right size coupler and pipe. I was also thinking of making a speedloader also, so what would i need for that too. Right now i have the 10ft pipe in 5ft halves and wondering what to do. So if someone could fill me in on what i need and if i wasted money on pvc when i should have got cpvc. I'm not so worried about the coupler because it was 21 cents but if you know what i need to do a coupler mod on a nightfinder and make a speedloader please fill me in. :D
QUOTE(Kid Flash @ Jun 9 2009, 12:10 AM) View Post

I ended up with a reactor with some balls for 25 cents. I mainly wanted the balls...

#2 rokor

rokor

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 07:31 PM

What you need to do is fix everything you just did when typing your post. I honeslty can't understand any of that.
"Sorry rokor...my cousin is gay too...it's okay...we're tolerant"
Talio in Shoutbox.

#3 death by cheez

death by cheez

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 07:37 PM

Posted Image

Just a bit of good ol' lolcats humorz....

But to answer your Q, no. You got about 1/8 of an inch too big, because 1/2 inch PVC is actually 5/8 inch on the inside. You should go right back and get some 1/2 inch CPVC and the same size coupler for your needs. GO. NOW.

http://fairview.dead...eadfrontier.com

Great game, zombie apocalypse MMORPG. I'm acer34p3r on there.

#4 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 07:48 PM

Are you using stock darts? 1/2" PVC fits the head of stock darts, and CPVC fits the body. But for an NF you'll want CPVC or CPVC with PVC at the tip to allow further acceleration after the foam part leaves the CPVC. But don't take the PVC back, its great for tons of stuff.

#5 troy2421

troy2421

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 08:06 PM

Are you using stock darts? 1/2" PVC fits the head of stock darts, and CPVC fits the body. But for an NF you'll want CPVC or CPVC with PVC at the tip to allow further acceleration after the foam part leaves the CPVC. But don't take the PVC back, its great for tons of stuff.

i use stock for wars with my friends but mainly use stefans
QUOTE(Kid Flash @ Jun 9 2009, 12:10 AM) View Post

I ended up with a reactor with some balls for 25 cents. I mainly wanted the balls...

#6 1337

• Members
  • 375 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 08:09 PM

Go get CPVC
Sand it down
Hammer it into the PVC
Just Glue it on. don't use a coupler.
You'll have to do a tad of dremeling to the shell to get it to fit.

I did that for a friend, it worked beautifully.
Join the REVOLUTION!

#7 Kid Flash

Kid Flash

• Members
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 09:30 PM

Since you already have the pvc... Get some crayolas. Then put some etape around them. After that shove them in with some glue.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users