Photo

What Is The Best Barrel Length

I must know

9 replies to this topic

Poll: What is the best length for a spring powered rifle barrel

What is the best length for a spring powered rifle barrel

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 uche-uche

uche-uche

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 22 February 2004 - 07:30 PM

I need to know how long of a 1/2" cpvc barrel to put on my spring powered rifle

#2 Ice Nine

Ice Nine

Prince Dangus

• Administrators
  • 1,460 posts
  • State:California

Posted 22 February 2004 - 07:38 PM

Depends. How powerful is it (i.e. How much air output?)?
For my air powered homemade, I have a 15" barrel and it fishtails enourmously.

Unholy Three: DUPLUM SCRTA, DUPLUM PROBLEMA (2009)

But Zeke guns tend to be like proofs by contradiction

Theoretically solid but actually non-constructive

Rnbw Cln

#3 THIRST

THIRST

• Members
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 22 February 2004 - 07:59 PM

Can you give us a comparison of air output of your spring pistol to say...a TTG, or a 2k, or some other gun? We have no idea how much air your rifle outputs, so give us a comparison and then we can help you.

THIRST
ko

#4 uche-uche

uche-uche

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 22 February 2004 - 08:10 PM

It is not completely finished so this is why im asking. I want what you think is the best and then I will report back with results. Oh and the air output should be more than a brassed sm5k

#5 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 22 February 2004 - 08:25 PM

There is no point in using more than 10" of CPVC. It fits (most FBR) rather tightly so you'll be friction limited quite early. It's definitely not the best material for a high powered spring gun.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#6 uche-uche

uche-uche

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 22 February 2004 - 08:33 PM

woul pex be better. I cant get any brass so my choices are copper,pex,cpvc,electrical conduit,pvc,metal.So unless I can get some brass form a website or at a hidden hobby shop those are my choices.

#7 mr reflecto

mr reflecto

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 March 2004 - 04:57 PM

10 inch cpvc sounds like your best bet here. All i recommend is that you don't use copper. It rusts way to easily and it doesn't fit micros or megas.

Edited by mr reflecto, 02 March 2004 - 05:06 PM.

#8 Black Wrath

Black Wrath

• Members
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 02 March 2004 - 06:21 PM

10 inch cpvc sounds like your best bet here. All i recommend is that you don't use copper. It rusts way to easily and it doesn't fit micros or megas.

I've gotten copper to work fine on more than one gun. I don't know what you're talking about, the fit on 1/2 inch FBR isn't that loose. I agree with 3/4 inch copper not fitting megas, I have 8 feet of it for nesting, and god is it ever huge.

Anyways, copper works in high powered air guns such as an SM5k, or something like that. Works like a charm in mine. Don't use it for spring guns, you want a tight fit so that pressure can build up behind the dart.
Xx_Black-Wrath_xX of The Canadian Foam Militia

Not in the game anymore, but it was great while it lasted. Thanks for the great years of fun, NH!
--
Resident "Spawn of Talio"

#9 MysticFalcon182

MysticFalcon182

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 02 March 2004 - 06:24 PM

I believe I use a 14" barrel on my SM5K... Of course, that's because it's an air gun; on spring guns, you'd need much less. I'd agree with CXWQ in which it's safe to use any barrel length under 10".

~Mystic~

#10 uche-uche

uche-uche

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 02 March 2004 - 10:20 PM

OK i built the rifle but it only got about 70ft. straight so I am now making it a pump/spring conversion so what do you think I should use now.This is an expiriment that may not work but know that I have modded my air xxl bazooka I think I am up to the challenge.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users