Effective Maverick Stefans?

Anyone made any?

24 replies to this topic

#1 Roschili

Roschili

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 08:20 AM

Hey, I've made a lot of stefans for my guns. I have made three sizes 1.5'' , 2'' , and 2.5''. These all work great with my nite finders but they all fail with my modded mavericks. I use very dense foam and insert a 3/0 fishing weight into the end of each one, but none of them shoot as far as the standard suction cup darts do. In my maverick I just did the simple mods, removed the barrel posts and took out the air restrictors. I am putting new springs in soon but I have not done that yet. I have also tried using the true flight red rangers from ebay and they work well with the nite finder but bad with the mavericks. Does anyone have any suggestions or know anything that does work well?
Thanks
I think my bullshit meter just exploded. What the fuck you talkin' 'bout, Willis?

#2 1337

• Members
  • 375 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 08:53 AM

1 BB is a good weight for a maverick.
Join the REVOLUTION!

#3 Roschili

Roschili

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 08:53 AM

what size?
I think my bullshit meter just exploded. What the fuck you talkin' 'bout, Willis?

#4 1337

• Members
  • 375 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 08:57 AM

Just your average wal-mart BB. like these. 6000.
Join the REVOLUTION!

#5 Roschili

Roschili

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 08:58 AM

ok thanks, do those also work well for nite finders?

#6 Watari

Watari

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 08:59 AM

Well as 1337 posted, those are metal BB's, for weaker blasters, I use .2g plastic airsoft BB's, they work great with low velocity blasters such as the Maverick or NF.

#7 1337

• Members
  • 375 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 09:01 AM

Depending on how heavily modded they are.

If they are getting <60 use 1 bb. If they are getting >60 use two or just a 3/0 fishing weight.
Join the REVOLUTION!

#8 Roschili

Roschili

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 09:40 AM

if i use .12g plastic BBs how many should i put in and how long should i cut the foam?

#9 PointBlank

PointBlank

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 10:40 AM

if i use .12g plastic BBs how many should i put in and how long should i cut the foam?

I would say use one, cut it 2".
You can agree with me.... or you can be wrong.

My Latest Mods
The Cyclops
Pointblank Titan

#10 Roschili

Roschili

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 10:43 AM

ok ill try that

#11 slowguitarman

slowguitarman

• Members
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 11:02 AM

I personally use 1.5" stefans because you get more out of each foot of foam.

Besides trying some light-weight stefans, you might want to try using the shift key and also add in some punctuation. It will make your darts fly extra far.
Your dreams were tight like a baby

SGM's Shred Shop -Mod Service

NerfHaven's resident drama queen.

#12 PointBlank

PointBlank

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 11:35 AM

Besides trying some light-weight stefans, you might want to try using the shift key and also add in some punctuation. It will make your darts fly extra far.

That is a very sigg-able comment, I completely agree with you on that one.
You can agree with me.... or you can be wrong.

My Latest Mods
The Cyclops
Pointblank Titan

#13 Roschili

Roschili

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 12:03 PM

Ok guys thanks for your help, I went and made a few darts and came out with something that worked very good with the maverick and excellent with my modded nite finder. I used a 2.5'' piece of fbr and a .12g plastic BB. It flies great, once again thank you for posting your suggestions.

#14 biggiy2c

biggiy2c

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 12:11 PM

Hey, I find that with the maverick, its not about the weight of the dart, but the length of the dart. I find that 1" stefans fire great in mavs. In fact I've seen 1" stefs shoot farther than any stock dart in the maverick. Give it a try.

#15 Roschili

Roschili

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 12:14 PM

Hey, I find that with the maverick, its not about the weight of the dart, but the length of the dart. I find that 1" stefans fire great in mavs. In fact I've seen 1" stefs shoot farther than any stock dart in the maverick. Give it a try.

Well I have made several different sizes of maverick darts, the smallest being 1.5'' and I made those three different ways: with a 3/0 fishing weight, one .12g BB, and finally one with two .12g BBs. I found that the shorter the dart is the less distance it gets in a maverick. With nite finders the shorter the dart the more distance, this is just how it is for me.
Thanks for the suggestion though.

#16 sporeknight123

sporeknight123

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 05:37 PM

My Stefans
Length: 1 1/4 inches
Weight: 1 plastic BB and hot glue
Foam: Sears Foam Backer Rod
Work great but I need to get a dowel to push them back further.

Edited by sporeknight123, 28 March 2009 - 05:50 PM.

#17 fullmetalgir

fullmetalgir

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 04:50 PM

yes they rock bb's work like a charm. have fun

#18 Wes7143

Wes7143

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 06:25 PM

The reason the darts work great on the nitefinder, and terrible in the maverick, is because the maverick sucks.

Changing the dart will only change performance plus or minus 7 feet or so.
QUOTE(VengefulWaffle)
Get off my boyfriend

If at first you don't succeed, add more epoxy.

#19 Roschili

Roschili

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 05:08 PM

How do you guys cut your foam, like what do you use? I just use a sharp knife but that doesn't cut very straight. Other than those of you who have automatic cutters what do you use? I have tried scissors, a hack saw, and wire cutters none of them worked to my liking, thanks to everyone who has a suggestion.

#20 idk59

idk59

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 06:01 PM

If you still use the maverick turret, maybe that is why. I suggest you barrel replace your turret to PETG which will make your maverick shoot about 40 feet with 3/0 fishing weights with 1.5 inch FBR.

#21 Roschili

Roschili

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 06:19 PM

Ok, but I still would like to know what people use to cut foam.

#22 Roschili

Roschili

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 07:30 PM

Ok Thanks.

#23 JATDO

JATDO

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 10:11 PM

Ok, but I still would like to know what people use to cut foam.

Did you use kiddy scissors or big MANLY scissors?
I remember when some girl in my English 101 class in college tried to cite The Onion as a source for her paper. The teacher lol'd.
The only time I got hit was when my spotter got hit and the enemy team realized there was a marksman in the bushes

#24 idk59

idk59

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 12:34 AM

Pocketknifves work.

#25 Roschili

Roschili

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 09:54 AM

I used big scissors? And my pocket knife didn't do a good job but I did find a knife that works really good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users