2 lengths of 1/8"x1/4" tubing
1 length of 1/4"x3/8" tubing
1 ball bearing (7/36" or 3/16")
1) Glue spring to ball bearing
2) Shove small tubing into large tubing from one side
3) Drop in spring/ball combo
4) Shove in tubing from other side
5) Expand outer tubing to allow for superglue application
6) Add goop
- Use a spring that won't fall into the smaller tubing (OD > 1/8")
- Press inner tubing together enough to compress the spring and apply pre-load
- Airflow in direction of arrow (from ball bearing side to spring rest side)
- Your mileage may vary
And a video demonstrating the check valve in action:
You may have to turn up the volume to hear the 2 air releases (the 2nd one being louder than the first).
Edited by Zorn's Lemma, 05 April 2009 - 12:26 AM.