Photo

Ls+ls Spring Combo

13 replies to this topic

#1 rocketninja

rocketninja

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 05:14 PM

I just bought a yellow LS and was wondering if a LS+LS spring combo would be to much for an unreinforced Boltsled?
"I'm willing to bet he will never "Own A Beaver""
-Mr BadWrench

#2 flyingchicken

flyingchicken

• Members
  • 414 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 05:17 PM

I wouldn't think so. You could add some reinforcement just in case, but my LS with both a BBB and a LS spring holds up pretty well.
I am so omniscient; if there was to be two omnisciences, I would be both!

#3 JATDO

JATDO

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 05:44 PM

I wouldn't think so. You could add some reinforcement just in case, but my LS with both a BBB and a LS spring holds up pretty well.

Really? With no reinforcement?
A red BBB or purple?
I remember when some girl in my English 101 class in college tried to cite The Onion as a source for her paper. The teacher lol'd.
The only time I got hit was when my spotter got hit and the enemy team realized there was a marksman in the bushes

#4 flyingchicken

flyingchicken

• Members
  • 414 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 05:46 PM

Really? With no reinforcement?
A red BBB or purple?

I used the original Hypersight spring. It's pretty damn strong and hard to prime (for me, I'm weak).
But if it's put under too much stress, the bolt sled will probably crack.
I am so omniscient; if there was to be two omnisciences, I would be both!

#5 PointBlank

PointBlank

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 06:19 PM

How would you find space for two LS springs?
You can agree with me.... or you can be wrong.

My Latest Mods
The Cyclops
Pointblank Titan

#6 m14

m14

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 07:00 PM

It's really hard to do. I almost got it, but the cap popped off before I was able to screw it on.
I believe in the true lord Joseph Stalin. Problem?

#7 numa-t49

numa-t49

• Members
  • 119 posts
  • State:New Jersey

Posted 03 April 2009 - 07:54 PM

Dude if you are going to use the two springs then reinforce the slide. Two days ago my slide broke and i was pissed. <_< Trust me with any springs other that the origional renforce the slide.

For your question i would use the better of the two Ls springs and an AR-15 spring it kicks ass.

#8 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts
  • State:Washington
  • u/LukeKoboJobo on Reddit

Posted 03 April 2009 - 09:03 PM

I have a related question, my LS has the stock spring and an extremely beefy spring that I mod NF's with in it. The beefy NF spring I can barely compress at all with my hands. My blot sled has never shown any signs of stress or breakage. Should I reinforce it? I don't understand why it would break, because it seems like when the bolt is all the way forward the plunger head slams into the black piece which gets pushed against the front of the plunger tube. Do the sleds ussually break because there is actually a bit of space between the black cylindrical piece and the front of the PT?

#9 dizzyduck

dizzyduck

• Members
  • 627 posts
  • State:Kentucky

Posted 03 April 2009 - 11:54 PM

Two LS springs will not compress. Not even two of the new, wimpier springs.
Duck off.
Art & Stuff

#10 numa-t49

numa-t49

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 05:14 AM

I have a related question, my LS has the stock spring and an extremely beefy spring that I mod NF's with in it. The beefy NF spring I can barely compress at all with my hands. My blot sled has never shown any signs of stress or breakage. Should I reinforce it? I don't understand why it would break, because it seems like when the bolt is all the way forward the plunger head slams into the black piece which gets pushed against the front of the plunger tube. Do the sleds ussually break because there is actually a bit of space between the black cylindrical piece and the front of the PT?

Yes you should check this link
Lonngsot Help

Edited by numa-t49, 04 April 2009 - 05:14 AM.

#11 TAiLsChaser

TAiLsChaser

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 06:10 AM

The new and the old springs are the same diameter(?); I'd imagine if you're using a spring from an older gun. As far as reinforcing, like tantumbull, I've never had a boltsled crack or show signs even with stronger springs, however, because of the power it did put a nice crack around the top of the plunger tube (almost a complete circle). It crippled my gun. I tried to fix it. It still works but it shoots worse than stock now. It's a LS/AR-15 combo.
"Every mod I do is original. I'm a true modder; not a mod re-performer."

"Itís only after youíve made the mistake and taken the wrong path, do you see all the other options that were before you."

#12 numa-t49

numa-t49

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 10:19 AM

All of you nerfers who think your guns are invincible when it comes to cracked boltsleds, It takes time to break but it will break if the sled is not reinforced!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :blink:

Edited by numa-t49, 04 April 2009 - 10:20 AM.

#13 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts
  • State:Washington
  • u/LukeKoboJobo on Reddit

Posted 04 April 2009 - 01:21 PM

Yes you should check this link
Lonngsot Help

That really didn't answer any of my questions. I think I'll reinforce it anyway just to be safe, though. I'll probably epoxy on some bent coat hanger wire.

#14 Merzlin

Merzlin

• Members
  • 589 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 01:25 PM

Epoxy Paste will stiffen the flexibility within the sled, probably making the life longer of it. It will not save it, but it will help dampen the time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users