homemade plusbow pistol spring

68 replies to this topic

#26 Magic

Magic

Formerly NerfOnFier

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 540 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 07:24 PM

Okay, I need to post in this. Seriously, why do people have to question greatness? I don't think Split was being generous when he said this is the farthest shooting springer ever made. Mind me if i'm wrong, but I believe he wa referring to homemade guns, which in that case, he is definitely correct. Split, awesome fucking work. The grip looks amazing, the gun itself is incredible, and the power is insane. I used to be scared facing a +bow, until I got one. Now i'm going to be scared facing this thing. Keep up the awesome work.

#27 nerfboi

nerfboi

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 08:16 PM

Is the grip/handle from one of those cheap-o Wal*Mart paintball guns?
We Ride together, we die together, Bad boys for life.

#28 mystefansdontflystraight

mystefansdontflystraight

• Members
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 06:34 AM

I completely agree everyone should lay off Split. He has made this thing to be small and deadly, which he succeeded in doing. What are we going to do? DISCOURAGE people from posting innovations? I have not seen FA_24's 160ft shooting PAS in person, but I range tested with him at HbH2 and I can say he doesn't bullshit about ranges. I don't think split does either. This thing too may break down in the middle of a war, who knows? I put a couple bungies on my old +bow for shits and giggles, and I got 170ft. Im sure that if I left them on, the cocking handle/rod would have snapped, as it was warping it. Anything that gets over 140ft is going to end up breaking sometime.
This is very cool, and I hope you make it up to Canada so I can see it in person.
QUOTE(Blacksunshine @ Dec 24 2009, 02:15 PM) View Post

QUOTE(white moonlight @ Dec 23 2009, 01:29 PM) View Post

It's just screaming to be rearloading...

I seen a movie about that once.

#29 bigred1rifleman

bigred1rifleman

• Members
  • 414 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 07:52 AM

Is the grip/handle from one of those cheap-o Wal*Mart paintball guns?

http://www.brasseagl...401&cat=markers

I might buy one of those just to stick a barrel in the end of (since my paintball gun's having horrible leaks). I'm expecting ranges comperable to Split's Mega pistol which owned FA_24's (no offence, Angel).

~F!nnster

#30 Captain

Captain

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 07:23 AM

155 feet, and it's not much bigger that a Maverick...can you say magnum?
I don't care what anyone else says, Atom Blasters are fucking awesome.

#31 nerfboi

nerfboi

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 11:20 AM

Why are people bagging on Split? I'm pretty sure he doesn't lie about the ranges about his +pistol. It's pretty much a plus bow without the stock. So wouldn't that mean it should AT LEAST get 130?
We Ride together, we die together, Bad boys for life.

#32 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 11:15 PM

Does anyone actually NERF anymore? Just wondering...
I hate you.

#33 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 11:19 PM

You mean instead of Nit pick at ranges and stuff? Or ask for them? I think so... There are small pockets of real Nerfers here and there. Obviously all three coasts... but is there a geographical nerf-tard spot? like, a geographical oddity that causes people to care about ranges?
Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

#34 Art3st

Art3st

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 08:57 PM

How much do you think one of these would cost?

#35 k9turrent

k9turrent

• Members
  • 829 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 10:00 PM

He told me It was at least $140. Over $200 with surplus materials.
QUOTE View Post

That's about it. And thanks Angela who helped me with these pictures.. It looks huge in her hands.

HOLY CRAP!

FU ALL

#36 OnyxZenith

OnyxZenith

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 10:59 PM

155 feet flat? I think you should name it the +Magnum :lol: considering is power... or the HandCannon from Resident Evil 4 xDDDDDDD
SoothSayer-

"Just adding some lube and twisting it back and forth for a while should make it easier"

Subscribe to my Music page and mods >> http://www.youtube.com/user/OnyxMP312

#37 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 11:19 PM

You mean instead of Nit pick at ranges and stuff? Or ask for them? I think so... There are small pockets of real Nerfers here and there. Obviously all three coasts... but is there a geographical nerf-tard spot? like, a geographical oddity that causes people to care about ranges?

Three coasts?

#38 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 12:15 AM

Three coasts?

Pacific, Atlantic, Gulf?
[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

#39 rork

rork

• Members
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 12:18 AM

East, West, Corn.
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20296" target="_blank">SNAPbow Mk. V</a>
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20409" target="_blank">Make it pump-action</a>

#40 k9turrent

k9turrent

• Members
  • 829 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 07:20 AM

east, west, Canada?
QUOTE View Post

That's about it. And thanks Angela who helped me with these pictures.. It looks huge in her hands.

HOLY CRAP!

FU ALL

#41 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 03:26 PM

Its something Sam said. East, West, and Mid-west. He said it after looking at all the MN war threads, counting them up, and noting that we had more wars last summer then anywhere else. Honestly, it averaged about a war a month, and thats without traveling, as Ryan even went to probably more. It's just a little bit of MN war talk that I felt like throwing out there.
Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

#42 ilzot

ilzot

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 04:25 PM

Awesome. Just awesome.

I seriously haven't seen many guns with farther ranges than this, even going beyond the pistols category.

I'm just amazed. And this thing actually looks sexy and comfotable!

10/10 job.
QUOTE(Vinnie D. @ Feb 1 2010, 05:28 AM) View Post

... to be able to get a better burst or sustained fire, rather than blowing the whole load at once.

#43 xtremejumpy

xtremejumpy

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 05:16 PM

That makes my 90' switch shot wii feel bad. :rolleyes:

#44 ilzot

ilzot

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 05:38 PM

Can't imagine the time it took to build this.

Is it sturdy? Any signs of weakening?
QUOTE(Vinnie D. @ Feb 1 2010, 05:28 AM) View Post

... to be able to get a better burst or sustained fire, rather than blowing the whole load at once.

#45 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 10:25 AM

Yeah, hours and hours of tweaking. 3 revisions should give you a hint to that. But it's sturdy as hell. no flexing whatsoever like a stock gun does actually. But I mean, it's polycarbonate, and mostly (maybe completely?) 1/4" thick pieces, so it's not really going anywhere, unlike the PAS which break too often to use for even a round at these ranges.

As for the videos, they're coming, I suppose. It has been raining for way too long, but I have everything waiting by my front door for when the opportunity arises. I also don't have internet at my house, so it's pretty difficult to update.
Teehee.

#46 twenty4

twenty4

• Banned
  • 95 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 04:27 PM

Is there a write-up soon to come?

#47 Zorns Lemma

Zorns Lemma

Sir Scrt

• Moderators
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 04:53 PM

Is there a write-up soon to come?

Will you learn to read anytime soon?
"In short, the same knowledge that underlies the ability to produce correct judgement is also the knowledge that underlies the ability to recognize correct judgement. To lack the former is to be deficient in the latter."
Kruger and Dunning (1999)

#48 nerfer9987

nerfer9987

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 08:22 PM

I like it! I'm going to attempt this when i get my paycheck. But the only thing is that with the way i aim a pistol(like a rifle) is that a cable is gonna smack my face and stuff like that. Sorry haven't really read it at all just looked at the pictures, is there a wright up?
touch it gently. Put two fingers inside. if its big put three. rub it in and out. that's how you clean a glass
perv
Night Finder for sale- http://nerfhaven.com...showtopic=14340

#49 k9turrent

k9turrent

• Members
  • 829 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 08:36 PM

Sorry haven't really read it at all just looked at the pictures

that's your answer

Edited by k9turrent, 16 April 2009 - 08:36 PM.

QUOTE View Post

HOLY CRAP!

FU ALL

#50 Vincent

Vincent

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 08:39 PM

I don't expect the average modder to be able to put the hours of tweaking in that it took to get this to where it is, so I have no intention to post a writeup. If someone on here was capable of making this, they wouldn't need one anyway.

Seriously people, it's the first paragraph. And if you want to make one, at least read a paragraph about it first.
QUOTE(Carbon @ Jul 14 2009, 07:50 PM) View Post

Heresy. Nothing beats pink flamingos.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: homemade, plusbow, pistol, spring

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users