New Longshot Spring

In a BLUE longshot

17 replies to this topic

#1 hereticorp

hereticorp

• Members
  • 621 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 02:56 PM

So I was over at K-Mart picking up a Longshot for a commission that I received and I noticed that they had the yellow longshots in stock.

So being the smart person I am, I picked up their last blue one, figuring that by the nature of nerf, it would be better.

Well, I got it home and took it apart, and to my amazement I found that it has a new spring.

A new, suckier, spring.

Posted Image

Posted Image

The Silver is the old spring, the black is the new.

The black's wire thickness is slightly smaller than the silver, and the resistance to compression is noticeably lower.

So I suspect the yellow LS is going to suck, but we'll see after I'm forced to buy one for a commission.

#2 Magic

Magic

Formerly NerfOnFier

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 540 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 02:59 PM

Yeah, my friend got an LS about 2 months ago with a black spring in it. At first I thought it wasn't an LS spring, until I looked at it closer. They can easily be compressed when compared to the old LS spring. All of the newer guns seem to get suckier and suckier, if you ask me. Many people don't know about this, so you get some points for posting. :P

#3 Mehku

Mehku

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 03:10 PM

I added an AR-15 spring, and my bolt sled almost blew up in my face because I was being a dumb ass and firing too much without reinforcing it. I don't think this spring difference is really going to matter in the long run, as long as you do a spring addition. I have the new black spring, and this thing is fucking beastly with an AR-15 spring under it.

Edited by Mehku, 02 April 2009 - 03:11 PM.

#4 Glint

Glint

• Members
  • 315 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 03:41 PM

I have the new black spring, and this thing is fucking beastly with an AR-15 spring under it.

Practically anything's beastly with an AR-15 spring under it. And this spring's weaker than the original, so think about stronger LS spring + AR-15 spring. Even better.

But this really makes me sad. But also happy at the same time that I have a silver spring.

This has spiraled beyond uselessness into utterly stupidy.
- VACC
Read it again until you figure it out.

#5 SchizophrenicMC

SchizophrenicMC

• Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 04:47 PM

You see, I pointed this out earlier:

The more badass it looks, the more its performance sucks.

In my opinion, the Yellow LS looks better than the blue. (I still love big blue)

That said, I have a blue LS that has that black spring. I removed the ARs. My old stock LS fires farther.

Edited by SchizophrenicMC, 02 April 2009 - 04:47 PM.

QUOTE(NerfUK @ May 8 2009, 11:54 AM) View Post

(I forgot to take a picture of my own poppers)

QUOTE(analogkid @ May 20 2009, 10:04 PM) View Post

Every size rod you could ever want.

#6 Nerf Bros

Nerf Bros

• Members
  • 309 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 04:48 PM

Magic is right about guns getting suckier... The same thing happened to the Night Finder, it just got worse with time.(Don't get me wrong it's still a great gun) Hopefully the fact that the spring is weaker doesn't mean that the plunger head and bolt sled are weaker too... None the less I'm sure the yellow Long Shot will be just as good as the blue one. (once another spring is added)

-nerfbros
We have no sig.

#7 PointBlank

PointBlank

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 05:02 PM

Now I am glad that I bought my most recent longshot from a friend rather than going to the store =]
You can agree with me.... or you can be wrong.

My Latest Mods
The Cyclops
Pointblank Titan

#8 b00m13

b00m13

• Members
  • 385 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 05:46 PM

I guess Hasbro's number one policy is be true to their name...

Keep Nerf-ing their Nerf guns... :D
The only place Wal-Mart exists in New York, is in our TV's.

#9 hereticorp

hereticorp

• Members
  • 621 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 08:54 PM

Keep Nerf-ing their Nerf guns... ;)

Well, they do have to keep up the term, or gamers all over the world will have to find a new word to use when the WoW people do balance patches.

#10 Russ T Bullet

Russ T Bullet

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 10:14 PM

Wow. This thread made me scringe. The stores near me are usually the last ones to get the newest nerf products. I'll definetly going to Target tomorrow before they come in. Well, I'll know tomorrow.
I'll take my guns and money; you keep your "change".

#11 nerfnut23

nerfnut23

• Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 10:16 PM

Keep Nerf-ing their Nerf guns... ^_^

Well, they do have to keep up the term, or gamers all over the world will have to find a new word to use when the WoW people do balance patches.

So true... :D

On topic: I had a Big Blue( literally first one in my Wal-Mart) that I never used, until I started Nerfing. I also have a Bumblebee (new one), and I have learned that 1, the old ones look worse, and 2, a BBB, and some of a +Bow spring, with the stocker, will make a Nerf gun puncture drywall. Don't ask. And also, the yellow ones have better O-rings. Put in a blue one, too for a perfect seal. Don't forget to lube it first. Don't sig that! Please.
American society: A legitimate clusterfuck since 1965.

#12 Echnalaid

Echnalaid

• Members
  • 981 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 12:01 AM

Don't forget to lube it first. Don't sig that! Please.

Too late. :D
There was something on the bottom of the ad that said erotyka. Sounds like something spicy -Renegademilitia15

#13 hereticorp

hereticorp

• Members
  • 621 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 07:33 AM

And also, the yellow ones have better O-rings.

Fuck O-Rings, do the plunger head mod I posted, much superior.

#14 xtremejumpy

xtremejumpy

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 04:18 PM

I feel cheated. Every LS I've ever opened has had this black spring in it. And people used to tell me my LS sucked. FOOLS, I WIN! WHAT NOW?!

#15 GodOThunder8882

GodOThunder8882

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 08:38 PM

Slow degradation of quality is nothing new to products. Razor companies have been doing it for years. This is how they phase out one product so that the new one will seem way better, even though it's comparable to the original. Sorry everyone is getting screwed but you all saw it coming.

#16 nerfnut23

nerfnut23

• Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 04:43 PM

2 things: 1, Echnalaid, about the comment you added that hilarious quote to my signature, while playing with my butthole: That's what she said. :) Just kidding. Seriously, though, there was no way to say it other than that.

And 2, hereticorp, I can't get to a place to buy the stuff for your mod. I was just saying that the yellow ones have a better stock seal than the blue one. Jeez.

Edit: I meant that all the hardware stores never have the size I need.

Edited by nerfnut23, 12 June 2009 - 10:51 AM.

American society: A legitimate clusterfuck since 1965.

#17 hereticorp

hereticorp

• Members
  • 621 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 10:11 AM

And 2, hereticorp, I can't get to a place to buy the stuff for your mod. I was just saying that the yellow ones have a better stock seal than the blue one. Jeez.

You can't get to a hardware store? You must really live in the sticks.

Ace, Lowes, Home Despot and pretty much any other hardware store will sell the needed items.

#18 Ethendel

Ethendel

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • State:New South Wales

Posted 06 April 2009 - 07:50 AM

For curiosities sake, is there any difference in size/compression/ID and OD, in the longshot springs, to those of a Recon CS-6?

I have a few old Recon Parts, just wondering if I can swap the springs out when I get my longshot. I'd kill for an AR-15 Spring, but Australia's Gunlaws make it hard enough for me to purchase Rifle parts even when I'm liscenced for them. They don't allow any form of Semi-Auto or Automatic weapon here, excluding -some- handguns under certain calibres.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users