Ddt.........s

The Domination of the Deal Test-Site

110 replies to this topic

#26 z80

z80

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 08:27 AM

I actually prefer to be mixed up, I have alot more fun playing with people I don't know, and meeting new people. Isn't that what nerf is all about?

EDIT:
Vacc Says: that's fine if it's your preference.

#27 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 09:19 AM

I actually prefer to be mixed up, I have alot more fun playing with people I don't know, and meeting new people. Isn't that what nerf is all about?

If more people had this attitude Nerf wars would be so much more fun.

Talio.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#28 z80

z80

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 02:15 PM

Round #1: Take your Turf

Or... Outpost? (Catchier name...)

http://nerfhaven.com...ndpost&p=159860

Yeah, this'll be a hit. I'd suspect that the capture method might be a little too complicated (in our experience, the easier to capture, the more interesting to game can be) but I guess we'll find that out won't we?

EDIT: OH, WAIT. I didn't completely understand that this was one game. This is very ambitious, pretty interesting, and waaaaayyy too complicated.

Edited by z80, 16 May 2009 - 02:25 PM.

#29 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 08:38 AM

This is probably a good time for me to make a point. First of all, the captain of your team, along with his support staff, will be very well acquainted and comfortable with the rules. Because this is one long war (Which is the entire concept...if you don't like that than you probably won't like this war) it will by nature be more complicated than a 20 minute deathmatch. However, the rules you see in the first post are a rough draft including all the little deails and safeguards that we, as organizers, have to worry about. The final rules will be devoid of much of the detail you see above. We will post a more streamlined and finalized set of rules at least a week out, and everyone is going to be held responsible for knowing them. That said, if you see a particular problem with the rules even now (out of some type of experience in an actual war), I'll read and consider it over PM.

I bring this up because I recently recieved an email telling me that someone might be bringing 10+ brand new nerfers. Please don't do that. This is not the appropriate war to learn the game. If you have a friend or two who haven't done this before but follow directions well, your captain probably won't mind (you will have to check with them). No one, however, is going to have time to give orientation to an entire team of new kids. I'm sorry, this just won't be a good place for that sort of thing. If you'd like to discuss this with me, PM me. We should have captains up this week.

VACC

#30 stuck by stefan

stuck by stefan

• Members
  • 280 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 09:20 AM

VACC, You didn't add me to the maybe list.

Edit:
Vacc Says: Fixed.

This is the NerfHaven profile of Northeast Designs. For more info visit https://www.facebook...p8OwIso&fref=nf

Old school Nerf engineer since 2008

#31 Chris is cool

Chris is cool

• Banned
  • 174 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 03:04 PM

Hey its Homasimpson from over at FU. I just got un-suspended and would like to say my attendance has been dropped from 5-14+me to 4+me. You're right, too many new people at this war just doesn't make that much sense...

Edit:: Has wrong number of attendace for me. I just thought I should bring that up.

Edited by Chris is cool, 05 June 2009 - 10:56 PM.

#32 koree

koree

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 12:33 AM

Hello Gents,

I'll be at the University of Delaware for the summer doing research and was hoping to join you east coasters for a few wars this summer (starting with this one hopefully). Is there anyone driving up along the way to NJ from Maryland/DC/etc. etc. that could possibly swing by DE to pick me up? I'd of course pay a fair share of the gas and other accommodations.

Koree

#33 wangsoup

wangsoup

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 07:25 PM

I will be there with 2-3 guests, this war looks like it will be pretty awesome.
QUOTE(CaptainSlug @ Jun 24 2009, 11:28 PM) View Post

You mean Jesus doesn't get you an extra 20 feet?
Dang. Jesus can help all those basketball and football players win games, but apparently he doesn't really care about Nerf.

#34 ThatWasRandom

ThatWasRandom

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 02:31 AM

You can put me down as a maybe.

-TWR

#35 Silencer

Silencer

• Members
  • 443 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 10:20 AM

Me and and my friend are very high maybe's.
TMC

#36 Chris is cool

Chris is cool

• Banned
  • 174 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 10:29 AM

Drop me to a maybe. My Mom has a Bridal Shower that weekend that just came up. And, if I do go, it'll be just me.

#37 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 10:49 AM

I'll be there with an extra, and maybe Silencer if he needs a ride.
Timothy M-Lick <3

#38 Liska

Liska

LGLF, Whaddaya want?

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 12:47 PM

I will be there.

#39 The Fred

The Fred

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 06:49 PM

In what I think is my first NerfHaven post since 2005, I confirm my attendance on June 27th. Looking forward to it!

#40 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 11:03 AM

In what I think is my first NerfHaven post since 2005, I confirm my attendance on June 27th. Looking forward to it!

.....holy fuck

#41 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 11:06 AM

Yeah, my sentiments EXACTLY. Really glad to have Fred back.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#42 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 11:18 PM

.....holy fuck

I was in far too much awe to find these words.

I will be there also, though.

Edited by Rambo, 09 June 2009 - 11:20 PM.

#43 Silencer

Silencer

• Members
  • 443 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 02:46 PM

You can move me and my guest up to the definite list.
TMC

#44 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 08:03 AM

From now until the week of the war I'm going to try and update this thread once a day with suggestions for equipment you should be bringing. This war will be pretty intense, have little downtime, and will leave you far from the majority of your gear for much of the day. As such, what you pack, and waht you carry with you throughout the day will be of vital importance.

Today we'll start wit hthe basics. It is going to be hot, and you are going to be in the sun all day. Two items will go along way to alleviating this problem. Water, and Sunscreen. Bringing and applying sunscreen may seem silly for a nerf war, but anyone who's spent a day at one of our deal events will attest to the fact that you'll thank us the next day.

Water, is the MOST IMPORTANT thing you will be bringing. Stay hydrated the day befor the war, and bring plenty of water. I'd suggest coordinating with your team once we post them, and figure out if someone can bring a cooler to leave at the common spawn area. Another good suggestion, as made by Groove, is this.

#45 Wes7143

Wes7143

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 08:59 AM

I'll try to bring an enormous pack of Poland Spring water bottles. I'll share that with everybody.

Is it too soon to ask for a time for everybody to arrive? The reason I ask is because I'll be coming from a point 3 hours away, through very unpredictable traffic, so I would like to plan on getting there about an hour early, because last trip, I got stuck in an enormous traffic jam. Cell phone numbers would help, also.
QUOTE(VengefulWaffle)
Get off my boyfriend

If at first you don't succeed, add more epoxy.

#46 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 10:12 AM

I'll try to bring an enormous pack of Poland Spring water bottles. I'll share that with everybody.

Is it too soon to ask for a time for everybody to arrive? The reason I ask is because I'll be coming from a point 3 hours away, through very unpredictable traffic, so I would like to plan on getting there about an hour early, because last trip, I got stuck in an enormous traffic jam. Cell phone numbers would help, also.

This is a good question. The foam will start flying at 11, but we will be deep in deal and incommunicado by that time. You need to get there by 10:00 to meet in the parking lot. People who are deffinates will have a team spot set for them before hand. If they miss the deadline their team will have the option of going at it short handed or redistributing members (so keep in touch). If you are a maybe you will be assigned a team in the morning before we start. If you are not a deffinate and you miss the start time, you might as well turn around and go home because we will not be holding any spots for you, and you will not be nerfing with us.

#47 Skitzo

Skitzo

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 09:47 PM

Add me to the definite list.
Titan Kid is still a maybe.

Skitzo-
If soldiers were to begin to think, not one of them would remain in the army.- Frederick The Great

#48 Echnalaid

Echnalaid

• Members
  • 981 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 03:50 PM

Pop me in there as a maybe.
There was something on the bottom of the ad that said erotyka. Sounds like something spicy -Renegademilitia15

#49 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 06:58 AM

Bring a bagged lunch with something that can be eaten in increments. You're not going to have a lengthy dedicateed lunch hour, and if you leave to go get something to eat you WILL miss the following round, and you will not be eligible to come back and play it midway through. Sandwiches, bagels, any kind of bar shaped foods; these are good ideas.

#50 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 10:07 AM

Tip of the day. Weapons. Do NOT bring something new and experimental as your primary. You will not have time to go back to our dumping grounds very often and you need your primary to perform reliably over the course of the entire day. You need something that you are comfortable lugging around and using all day. We're going to cover more ground than you ever have at a nerf war before.

When teams are announced later this week you may be on my team. If you are, and you show up with some untested contraption, you will be very sorry. Bring a reliable weapon. There will be no loaners. Bring reliable and sufficient darts; none will be for sale.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users