#1 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 04:54 PM

When: June, 27 2009

Start Time: ARRIVE BETWEEN 10:00 and 10:30 AM

IF YOU ARE NOT ON THE DEFINITE LIST BELOW AND DO NOT ARRIVE BY 10:30, YOU WILL NOT BE ASSIGNED A TEAM! IF ANYONE MISSES THE START TIME THEY WILL BE SITTING OUT FOR THE FIRST HOUR!

Where: Deal Test Site (aka Joe Palaia Park)

Attendees:

Definite:
VACC
Groove
Famine
Talio
Dark Shrimp
OMC
Langley
Wes7143
Badger
Kuhlschrank
JLego
Stealthman
Z80
Keef
Pam Isley
Fred
Keef's Mystery Guest
WangSoup
Rambo
Silencer
Keef's Mystery Guest
Silencer's mystery guest
WangSoup Mystery Guest 1
WangSoup Mystery Guest 2
Skitzo
Zaxbys

Maybe:
IceSpartan
Skitzo's Mystery Guest
Titan Kid
+3 (with Z80)
Shrub
Chris is Cool
Stuck by Stefan
That Was Random
WangSoup Mystery Guest 3
CrankyMonkey
Ice
Gears

The Settup:

Teams: 2
Territories: 3
Stages: 4
Objective: Survive

Round #1: Occupation

Round #2: Obfuscation

Round #3: Obliteration

Round #4: Die

The rules are being revised, simplified, and finalized. You will be briefed.

Starting this weekend we will be talking about what you will need to bring in order to be successful in this war. Please Stay Tuned.

#2 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 12:00 PM

Alright, time to open this up. June 27th this war is going down.

The basic idea is as follows: We will choose two teams prior to the war. All nerfers will remain with their predetermined team throughout the the course of the war. We will leverage the varied and expansive terrain of the Deal Test site to establish a variety of strategic obstacles and attempt to encourage creative and pervasive team work elements. We want you to really feel like you are going to battle with the people around you. You'll have to rely on your team like never before.

Now, in order to give this thing some flavor the team selection process is something we're going to give a lot of attention. Two team captains will be chosen (they are being confirmed now). Each team will be given 5-10 (to be determined) starting spots that they can use to fill out their team with the people they feel most confident working with. Clans are an awesome way to fill out the initial base. We don't want he captain to have to worry about not being able to draft his friends, after all. The remainder of the teams will be chosen middle school gym class style. Everybody who has given a deffiinate availability will be put into a pool, and the two captains will take turns picking members. Due to this, we will be closing off attendance in advance of the war. If you want to come to this thing please take the time to check your schedule as soon as possible and give us an answer with certainty. We will NOW be taking maybes as well, but they will not be picked until they confirm their attendance.

The first post will be updated with further information. If you have any questions or would like to give notice for your attendance, feel free to post here.

#3 StealthMan

StealthMan

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 285 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 01:10 PM

where is the deal testsite?

Vacc: Check the first post again. This is where Apoc has been held the past two years, and all the horsmens' Deal wars since 2004.
<!--quoteo(post=212906:date=Feb 16 2009, 06:30 PM:name=TantumBull)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TantumBull @ Feb 16 2009, 06:30 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I'm not ashamed to admit that I have tried to eat my stefans. They just looked so yummy.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

NERF<b>STRONG</b> #108

#4 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 02:43 PM

I'm pretty pumped for this one.

This will be the culmination of many concepts and ideas that have been kicked around, but never tested. This is going to make for one hell of a war experience, I highly encourage clans / teams / collection of friends to sign up. This is definitely going to be a challenge both in terms of organizing as well as for those participating. Limits shall be pushed. Tears shall be shed. Minds shall be blown. To quote Tenacious D, "what we got is gonna turn your brain into shit."

-Groove

"Too close for missiles, I'm switchin' to guns"

#5 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 04:03 PM

Unfortunately I don't think my body can handle Nerfing for more than 4 or 5 hours. I am a fragile man that can only handle influxes of awesomeness in short periods.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 27 April 2009 - 04:04 PM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#6 Icespartan 1114

Icespartan 1114

Do NOT buy/sell with me

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 934 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 05:15 PM

I will try to make this one. I have no idea how my trip to California and my camp schedule with play into this. But you can put me as a maybe.
QUOTE(Zaxbys @ Mar 2 2009, 02:08 PM) View Post
I won't be there til about 1-2...

Church... gotta soak up that Jesus!

NERFSTRONG #51

#7 A side of nerf

A side of nerf

Georgia Nerf Lives

• Members
  • 755 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 05:18 PM

But you can put me as a maybe.

Maybes mean nothing in this context, so please don't bother.

Edited by A side of nerf, 27 April 2009 - 05:26 PM.

Southeast Nerf Contingent

#8 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 07:10 AM

Alright, enough with ambiguity. The first post has been updated with a LOT of text, and perhaps, as such, will weed out those without the attention span for this particular war, hehe. Anyway, The rules posted above are not set in stone, but are the framework that will be in place. Eventually they will be in a much more streamlined format. What you see above is us working out the kinks and trying to make the rules relatively exploit proof. Read at your own risk.

Also, I'd like people who are maybes for attendance to start piping up now. We cannot pick you for a team until you are deffinates, but we can start getting a feeling for who each captain want to reserve picks for. If you would like to attend this war, but the timing is horrible for you, please let us know. However, if you are not going to be available on another date, or are unlikely to attend no matter what, we don't need to hear about it. Likewise, anyone postiong to tell me that they can't go, without ever having indicated that they could, will just be annoying me. Thanks.

#9 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 03:24 PM

I'll be there.

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#10 Wes7143

Wes7143

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 04:09 PM

I'm in.

I know I am not familar to the NJ crowd, so feel free to PM Jackster57 or me about myself for team placement.

Edited by Wes7143, 04 May 2009 - 04:10 PM.

QUOTE(VengefulWaffle)
Get off my boyfriend

If at first you don't succeed, add more epoxy.

#11 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 08:07 PM

I'm in.

I know I am not familar to the NJ crowd, so feel free to PM Jackster57 or me about myself for team placement.

Hehe, I don't think we'll be requiring references, but I guess you never know.

#12 badger

badger

The Walking Nerf-wiki

• Members
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 10:23 PM

I am a definite.
As Carbon once said,

"The moment you can no longer see the fun in running around like a little child is the moment you begin to die."

Roses are FF0000
Violets are 0000FF

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US

#13 Skitzo

Skitzo

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 09:57 AM

Assuming nothing comes up, I'll be there with the possibility of a friend and Titan Kid.

Skitzo-
If soldiers were to begin to think, not one of them would remain in the army.- Frederick The Great

#14 z80

z80

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 09:27 PM

Im very down, should hopefully have two to three in tow.

#15 Jlego

Jlego

One Armed Clan

• Moderators
  • 252 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 01:51 PM

Count me in.
~Jaxon of the LGLF

Gears: Ice9 and I have a relationship similar to that of myself and Jax.
liska: You snuggles?
Gears: The nerfers most likely to engage in a threesome.

I've seen you use an arrowstorm!!

#16 Shrub

Shrub

• Banned
  • 862 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 03:12 PM

I'm a maybe.
Favorite Quotes:
Sorry to hear that man, it's like that one famous bumper sticker, "Shit Happens"
it still seems that your balls drop very rapidly

#17 StealthMan

StealthMan

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 285 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 07:37 PM

Put me down as a maybe.
<!--quoteo(post=212906:date=Feb 16 2009, 06:30 PM:name=TantumBull)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TantumBull @ Feb 16 2009, 06:30 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I'm not ashamed to admit that I have tried to eat my stefans. They just looked so yummy.

NERF<b>STRONG</b> #108

#18 StealthMan

StealthMan

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 285 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 05:51 PM

Switch my attendance from a maybe to a definite. (yay)

NERF<b>STRONG</b> #108

#19 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 07:42 AM

I just wanted to make a note. When we break up teams here, we're going to try and keep visiting clans together. We think it'll make things more cohesive, and just allow people to have fun with their friends. If you have a clan, please make note of it when you sign up and we'll take that into consideration. The LGLF I already know, so you guy, clearly, don't have to worry about it.

#20 Shrub

Shrub

• Banned
  • 862 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 04:12 PM

Can't come.
Favorite Quotes:
Sorry to hear that man, it's like that one famous bumper sticker, "Shit Happens"
it still seems that your balls drop very rapidly

#21 stuck by stefan

stuck by stefan

• Members
  • 280 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 02:15 PM

I'm a maybe.

This is the NerfHaven profile of Northeast Designs. For more info visit https://www.facebook...p8OwIso&fref=nf

Old school Nerf engineer since 2008

#22 Wes7143

Wes7143

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 02:20 PM

I would request that I be on a team with any Mainer that comes to the war, like stuck by stefan. Other than that, I don't really care who's team I'm on, because I know I'm going to have fun with whoever my team mates are.
QUOTE(VengefulWaffle)
Get off my boyfriend

#23 StealthMan

StealthMan

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 285 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 02:57 PM

I would request that I be on a team with any Mainer that comes to the war, like stuck by stefan. Other than that, I don't really care who's team I'm on, because I know I'm going to have fun with whoever my team mates are.

You care if you are on my team, right?

NERF<b>STRONG</b> #108

#24 Wes7143

Wes7143

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 03:15 PM

You care if you are on my team, right?

You are not from Maine, and I have not met you in person, so no. I only care if you are a member of MEN (Maine Nerfers).

Really excited for this war. I'll be bringing a roll of bright orange tape for those "tactical" people to put on their guns. Personally, I think orange looks much better on a gun than flat black!
QUOTE(VengefulWaffle)
Get off my boyfriend

#25 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 08:27 AM

This is not a conversation thread, just take it to PM. if you two want to be considered a clan, I'll try to get you on the same team, but being cryptic about it doesn't help. Just provide the names of your clan mates; nothing else.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users