Yet Another Semi-auto Maverick.

...With a twist...

12 replies to this topic

#1 themessiahpsg1

themessiahpsg1

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 10:34 AM

Sorry for my absence everybody, but I bring gifts of song and bong, but I forgot the song.

An electric semi-auto maverick:
Posted Image
(Wow, what a crap picture...)
I took the gearbox out of a broken AEG I had laying around, and combined it with a spare maverick I found in my closet. A few maniacal laughs later, I had a working semi-automatic maverick. when I say it works, I mean it works mechanically, as I still have yet to formally test it. motor is powered by a 500Mah 7.2v Stick battery.

The only doubts I have about it are as to whether or not the gearbox has enough pressure to actually push the darts out, so I'm eager to test it soon.

Edited by themessiahpsg1, 01 April 2009 - 10:34 AM.

OIC of 34th Light Combat Battalion, Talk to me about enlistment.

#2 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 10:47 AM

Probably wouldn't be any lower ranges than the STOCK maverick... :lol: Nice idea, too. Could we get a sharper picture though?

Unrelated note: Have you been stationed yet?
[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

#3 themessiahpsg1

themessiahpsg1

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 11:18 AM

Probably wouldn't be any lower ranges than the STOCK maverick... :lol: Nice idea, too. Could we get a sharper picture though?

Unrelated note: Have you been stationed yet?

yes, I'm still right up here in my St. Paul base. my deployment should be soon, though.

#4 mystefansdontflystraight

mystefansdontflystraight

• Members
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 11:59 AM

If possible, that gear box looks BIGGER than the Mav plunger tube. Just goes to show how tiny the thing is. I hope you can get this to work, but I wouldn't buy an AEG just for that. Up here in Canada, a good one is easily 300$. This is very nice, I hope it works.
QUOTE(Blacksunshine @ Dec 24 2009, 02:15 PM) View Post

QUOTE(white moonlight @ Dec 23 2009, 01:29 PM) View Post

It's just screaming to be rearloading...

I seen a movie about that once.

#5 themessiahpsg1

themessiahpsg1

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 12:06 PM

If possible, that gear box looks BIGGER than the Mav plunger tube. Just goes to show how tiny the thing is. I hope you can get this to work, but I wouldn't buy an AEG just for that. Up here in Canada, a good one is easily 300$. This is very nice, I hope it works.

I took the gearbox out of a $60 DE M83. not very expensive at all.

#6 PointBlank

PointBlank

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 12:07 PM

Nice idea, but I really can't make out anything in that picture, probably because my screen is set to low brightness. If it is possible, can you put a better picture?
You can agree with me.... or you can be wrong.

My Latest Mods
The Cyclops
Pointblank Titan

#7 themessiahpsg1

themessiahpsg1

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 12:16 PM

If i can find a better camera.

#8 Heat Signature

Heat Signature

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 02:54 PM

Now this is great!! I think that a working semi auto mav would be insane, but doesn't the gearbox take up too much room?
Also, if you wanted something kick-ass and your idea works(we are still yet to know) you should try putting this in a FF or a DTB!It would probably be worth it with the FF, but I'm not sure about the DTB. I just like the idea of a semi-auto nerf gun with ten shots. :D
"I'VE GOT A BONE IN MY LEG!!!!!"-My great grandpa.

My Friend's blog

#9 slienced assassin

slienced assassin

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 04:31 PM

Looks pretty good. It does not even matter what ranges it gets if it is semi-auto.
92% of teens have moved on to rap.
If you are part of the 8% who still listen to "real music",
copy and paste this into your signature

http://supernerf.piczo.com/?cr=1

#10 themessiahpsg1

themessiahpsg1

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 09:49 PM

Ok, well I tried it today, and at least the concept is on track. all I have to do is seal the gap between the cylinder and the piston. Ranges were crap (~5), but the intended purpose is CQC anyway. results may vary from a fully charged battery, and a better seal around the piston lip.

#11 Galaxy613

Galaxy613

• Members
  • 999 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 02:59 PM

I bet it would work better with a upgraded metal gearbox not a crappy plastic one.
[Former Caretaker of the Guru Mk2]

#12 themessiahpsg1

themessiahpsg1

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 08:13 PM

You go ahead and try that, then. I'm not going to tear apart any of my good AEGs, let alone buy a new gearbox.

#13 themessiahpsg1

themessiahpsg1

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 10:06 AM

Ok, I'm on the fence about scrapping this project and migrating the concept over to a longshot or something breached and gravity fed. The longshot idea would end up with me taking the 8.4v 1100mah battery and firing assembly out of a JG AK47Tac, and using that instead of that weak 500mah battery. Integrating that into a spare LS shell I have will be the hardest part, but still very easy. If I don't end up putting it into a LS, I'll just put it into a breached, gravity-fed weapon. any more ideas will result in me starting another thread with a poll.

This week is finals, and I also have drill to deal with, so this won't happen soon, but when I'm done with classes, the only hindrance I'll have would be drill...

so, hoo-ah, everybody.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users