17 replies to this topic

#1 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 19 February 2004 - 01:04 AM

http://www.geocities...RF/arsenal.html

That's the link to my new arsenal page. On it you will find the links for my Blue NF. That's right, my roommate the electronics junkie soldered me up a BLUE LED in a NF. HOW FRIGGIN COOL IS THAT!? I will hopefully get him do do more so I can do a photo mod write up for everyone else out there. So what do you think?
I hate you.

#2 Black Blade

Black Blade

• Members
  • 541 posts

Posted 19 February 2004 - 06:50 AM

The CF is really cool and does the blue laser work better?

#3 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 19 February 2004 - 08:08 AM

actually the red is a better sighting laser. The blue dot is like over a foot in diameter from 20 ft away on the wall. I think it's because of the way LEDs work. I believe its easier to focus the red light than any other color. However my knowledge of LEDs is extremely limited. Thank god for my roommate.
I hate you.

#4 sporkboyofjustice

sporkboyofjustice

• Members
  • 280 posts

Posted 19 February 2004 - 11:08 AM

Does the wavelength of light dictate how it reacts to a particular lens? I'm pretty sure that it does and if I hadn't removed some laser optics material from my jacket yesterday I would know for sure. Anyway I don't think it's a matter of it being "easier" to focus, just a matter of the lens was meant for red light and not blue.

#5 Mantis

Mantis

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 19 February 2004 - 03:43 PM

Ok jackass, I got kinda excited when I read the title of your post. Then I see you just slapped a blue light on a gun with a red light. I coulda done the same, probably for a lot cheaper. Take some blue seran wrap and tape it on, and presto!

From Mantis with love.
Personal LCM Summer Tune-Up Stats:
K:H=1.00
Shots Fired: 2.1 x 10^4
Fun had: 97%

#6 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 19 February 2004 - 03:49 PM

Douche Bag
I hate you.

#7 the guy who unleashed hell

the guy who unleashed hell

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 19 February 2004 - 04:03 PM

Ok jackass, I got kinda excited when I read the title of your post. Then I see you just slapped a blue light on a gun with a red light. I coulda done the same, probably for a lot cheaper. Take some blue seran wrap and tape it on, and presto!

Hey i got an idea......shut it
don't be a spaz at someone for doing something so small like that.
One man that is pretty cool right there. thanks for sharing.

Edited by the guy who unleashed hell, 19 February 2004 - 04:03 PM.

#8 Formerly Sane

Formerly Sane

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 19 February 2004 - 04:23 PM

That actually isn't that great. That kind of mod doesn't improve the actual performance of the gun, but at least you know your nightfinder is the only one with a blue light. I painted my Monoblast. Big deal, but it looks cool. More power to ya.
NERF: www.CYCLONENERF.netfirms.com
FLASH: www.thinkhappy.netfirms.com
BAND: www.skwalrock.com

#9 CustomSnake202

CustomSnake202

• Members
  • 506 posts

Posted 19 February 2004 - 06:10 PM

When I first read this topic, I thought that it wasn't a big deal. But that is pretty sweet, I really like the side pic with the plastic aligners glowing blue. Nice. But I think some of the best mods have something to do with the guns performance.

Edited by CustomSnake202, 19 February 2004 - 06:19 PM.

#10 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 19 February 2004 - 06:21 PM

Ok yeah, maybe the thread title is a bit overbearing, but I mean come on, it's a BLUE friggin Nite Finder! :lol:
I hate you.

#11 J cobbers

J cobbers

• Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 19 February 2004 - 08:50 PM

From Mantis with love.

Actually the blue seran wrap would act as a filter that blocks all wave lenghts of light but blue, as since it is on the other side of the spectrum from red light, you'd probably block out the red light from the red LED. Thus this is a significant mod interms of a cosmetic change and probably looks cool enough to warrent the topic.

Don't forget to eat your meat based vegetable substitute children.

#12 Dan Wask

Dan Wask

• Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 19 February 2004 - 09:03 PM

Actually, your all wrong. Tee hee, leds have an angle viewing rating measured in degrees. The higher the angle viewing rating and the bigger the led, the wider the light will expand and diffuse over distance. I did a science project on leds, and I hook leds up to everything. Literally, my mouse has four red leds in it with windows, my RC nitro cars have green underglow from leds, my computor has leds hooked up everywhere, I have leds in my xbox controllers, and I have an led in my Counter Strike microphone.
QUOTE (Arcanis @ Apr 9 2005, 12:02 AM)
When I insert a dick, nothing happens.

#13 UpGraD3

UpGraD3

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 19 February 2004 - 09:50 PM

I don't want to get flamed for this, but whats a led? Is it like a glow stick in some way, because the link to the nf doesnt work for me.
"Is luck a loser's excuse for a winners position?"

#14 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 19 February 2004 - 11:08 PM

Light Emitting Diode. It's like a simple electronic component. It uses a gas instead of a vacuume, kind of like a neon light, but not quite. It's really efficient. That green light on your monitor? LED.

Anyway, yeah, you could probably get an LED that is made to project light foreward instead of all around, but I don't know how easey it would be to get a blue one that does that. Check out radioshack's cataloge.

Edit: Hersh, size down the pics on your site. Most of them aren't that high quality anyway and won't loose much from resizigng, and maybe if you did that then I could look at your whole arsenal without fragging your geocities bandwidth for the hour.

Edited by Langley, 19 February 2004 - 11:10 PM.

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#15 Gamefreak

Gamefreak

• Members
  • 362 posts

Posted 20 February 2004 - 12:07 AM

Sweet maybe I'll get my bro to do that.
Gamertag : Corpseoftheyear

QUOTE(substance abuse)
No offense but soldat has to be the worst game ever made
Like anyone could even know that, GOSH.

#16 Spectre2689

Spectre2689

• Members
  • 432 posts

Posted 20 February 2004 - 03:36 PM

That's pretty cool. If you could get the thing to be more accurate... But that blue light...it turns me on in ways my grandpa's braziers never could...

My dad says he's going to try to put a laser pointer in my NF, hooked up to the stock circuit and whatnot. Gotta go out and buy myself a laser pointer first, because I lost all mine. It'll probably be similar to this.
Spectre of the CFM

#17 Dan Wask

Dan Wask

• Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 20 February 2004 - 04:51 PM

Stay away from Ripoff shack !!!!! Thier leds are wayyy over priced and the MCD (or intensity) is much much lower. Go to www.eled.com they have high intensity leds with very low viewing angles. Its about 3.00 for acouple leds.
QUOTE (Arcanis @ Apr 9 2005, 12:02 AM)
When I insert a dick, nothing happens.

#18 cooldood31

cooldood31

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 20 February 2004 - 08:22 PM

I think the wide spread is cool, and probably good for night/ dark indoor battles. have one normal and one blue, put him in the spotlight with one, then target and blast with the other. It's almost as good as running around blinding people at night or during a blackout!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users