Photo

Mav-strike

My first write up, nothing groundbreaking.

17 replies to this topic

#1 NerfRogue83

NerfRogue83

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 12:11 PM

Well, here is my best attempt at a first write up, I hope everyone enjoys. I know its nothing groundbraking, or crazy complicated. I do plan on giving th whole unit a nice paint job, but first things first.
Posted Image

To start, I cut down the Mav handle, first checking for the correct angle to cut it at by holding it up into relative position against the Magstrike.Posted Image
Next, I temperarily glue one half of the Mav shell to the Magstrike. As soon as I did this, I noticed the long trigger pull of the Mav. When fully pulled, the trigger hit the Magstrike case--so something needed to be done. I measured the trigger, marked it at a proper angle, and cut it using a razor knife.IMG]http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/RogueGLI/CamraPics545.jpg[/IMG]IMG]http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/RogueGLI/CamraPics546.jpg[/IMG]
With the trigger issue adressed, I moved on to epoxy the Mav case half on using plastic weld epoxy.Posted Image
Almost done. I replaced the Mav internals, the usual penny mod, added cylinder spring and roulet mods. At this stage I also added epoxy to the inside of the shell for more strength.IMG]http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/RogueGLI/CamraPics549.jpg[/IMG]
Posted Image
All thats left is to screw the other case half back on, and epoxy that side half to the Magstrike as well--being carefull not to get epoxy on the seam where the two sides of the Magstrike shell come together.
Here is the finished product, nothing fancy-but certainly functional. The Magstrike itself has all the mods that FA_24 performed first, so it fires 3 whole clips off of 50 pumps. I wanted to do this because after the three clips are fired, the Magstrike is pretty defenceless until re-pumped. This way you are not totally without the ability to defend once the Magstrike is out. Thank you all for looking, and I hope this was of some benefit to someone.
IRC chat: louiec3-- he offered $500 for someone to build a bomb he could send to his ex wife
Rknight-- wow......N9---your dad is in trouble now!

#2 1337

• Members
  • 375 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 12:25 PM

I like that concept. Go crazy with the magstrike, and then while re-pumping, defend yourself with the maverick.
Join the REVOLUTION!

#3 NerfRogue83

NerfRogue83

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 12:28 PM

I like that concept. Go crazy with the magstrike, and then while re-pumping, defend yourself with the maverick.

That was the general idea--that way you have time to swap clips or re-pump your Magstrike. Additionally, you dont have to fumble around tring to find a good way to carry the Mav seperately and the pull it out.
IRC chat: louiec3-- he offered $500 for someone to build a bomb he could send to his ex wife

#4 wingd man

wingd man

• Members
  • 514 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 12:45 PM

Interesting, I see what your going for, but I think it would be way better if you (in addition) integrated something with a longer range, like an AT2K.

#5 NerfRogue83

NerfRogue83

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 12:48 PM

Interesting, I see what your going for, but I think it would be way better if you (in addition) integrated something with a longer range, like an AT2K.

I agree that would make this more versitle, but I didn't have one. Maybe next time!

#6 NerfRogue83

NerfRogue83

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 12:57 PM

Thank you guys so far for the suggestions, I plan on updating the design soon.

#7 PointBlank

PointBlank

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 01:14 PM

It's sorta interesting, just not original enough to be that cool. It is still very cool in the functionality of the whole thing, and how easy it is to do seeing as you really don't need to take anything apart. Of course, when it is painted, it will look awesome.
You can agree with me.... or you can be wrong.

My Latest Mods
The Cyclops
Pointblank Titan

#8 xbox180

xbox180

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 02:24 PM

It might screw you up though, two pump guns means your arm will be exausted and when you rushed your chances of screwing up its increased.
"Congrats on Buy a Peice of Plastic thats most likely older than you, for half- a grand, your awesome man." Nerf Monkey

My Webpage
MY Youtube

#9 Mehku

Mehku

• Members
  • 383 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 03:31 PM

Interesting concept. Whenever I use my friend's magstrike, I always get owned when I have to reload it. I might try this if I ever get my own.

#10 NerfRogue83

NerfRogue83

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 04:16 PM

Interesting concept. Whenever I use my friend's magstrike, I always get owned when I have to reload it. I might try this if I ever get my own.

Just in case anyone wanted to see--here are a few pics of the cut down trigger. Thank you all for the comments, as well as the suggestions. I will certainly post when the Rogue Mav-Strike is finished and painted.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#11 chefdave

chefdave

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 04:30 PM

If you want to defend yourself while reloading, just attach a shotgunned bigblast to the bottom... No one will get close to you
QUOTE(VACC @ Jul 21 2009, 08:13 PM) View Post
QUOTE(crispy) View Post

Talio likes to eat his own shit.
It's a distinct possibility. But seriously, that's all you could come up with? You are a terrible Troll.

#12 1337

• Members
  • 375 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 04:32 PM

If you want to defend yourself while reloading, just attach a shotgunned bigblast to the bottom... No one will get close to you

Have fun carrying that around.
Join the REVOLUTION!

#13 chefdave

chefdave

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 04:33 PM

Not the whole shell, just the pressure chamber.
QUOTE(VACC @ Jul 21 2009, 08:13 PM) View Post
QUOTE(crispy) View Post

Talio likes to eat his own shit.
It's a distinct possibility. But seriously, that's all you could come up with? You are a terrible Troll.

#14 NerfRogue83

NerfRogue83

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 04:37 PM

Yeah, that was kind of one thing I didn't want--for the finished product to be too big and thus more difficult to use. In my opinion, this design is fairly compact still, and somewhat increases the overall R.O.F. I am interested to see other people integrate other blasters to the Magstrike, its a good platform to start from.

#15 Nerf Bros

Nerf Bros

• Members
  • 309 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 07:53 PM

It'd be better if you had done a dizzyduck frostbite style magstrike, but then instead of a single shot 3k you'd have the 3k inside the mav, for six quick power shots. Whatever. Good job for a new modder, but work on the pictures (unclear and mis-codded).

Edited by Nerf Bros, 29 March 2009 - 07:55 PM.

We have no sig.

#16 SchizophrenicMC

SchizophrenicMC

• Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 08:19 PM

That's pretty cool.

Personally, I just use a Recon or LS when reloading my MS for defense. If I completey run out of time to do so, or ammo for that matter, I holster the gun, pull my ducktape Ka-Bar, and go for it.
(My friends and I play melee weapons with our nerf, albeit only ones that make sense. IE, knives, tonfas, etcetera.)
QUOTE(NerfUK @ May 8 2009, 11:54 AM) View Post

(I forgot to take a picture of my own poppers)

QUOTE(analogkid @ May 20 2009, 10:04 PM) View Post

Every size rod you could ever want.

#17 Ambience 327

Ambience 327

• Members
  • 561 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 09:07 AM

This thing would be a beast indoors. In close quarters combat, such as that found in hallways, classrooms, etc, ROF trumps range hands down. The Magstrike is already great for indoor combat, and adding the Maverick to the bottom like that just makes it better. As he mentioned, you won't have to fumble for a second blaster, or try to pump the thing with a sidearm in your pumping hand.

Good work on the mod - it's simple and fairly clean. If you do paint it, I would suggest cleaning up the hot glue a bit, and maybe throwing some epoxy putty into those areas for a more squared look to match the rest of the structure.

Have you considered slapping a pair of cut-down NF's on the sides, for a few more shots? :lol:
Foam in the Fort IV
The fourth exciting Nerf War in Fort Wayne, IN.

#18 NerfRogue83

NerfRogue83

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 11:25 AM

This thing would be a beast indoors. In close quarters combat, such as that found in hallways, classrooms, etc, ROF trumps range hands down. The Magstrike is already great for indoor combat, and adding the Maverick to the bottom like that just makes it better. As he mentioned, you won't have to fumble for a second blaster, or try to pump the thing with a sidearm in your pumping hand.

Good work on the mod - it's simple and fairly clean. If you do paint it, I would suggest cleaning up the hot glue a bit, and maybe throwing some epoxy putty into those areas for a more squared look to match the rest of the structure.

Have you considered slapping a pair of cut-down NF's on the sides, for a few more shots? :lol:

Not NF's, but I do plan on adding to this first design. I plan to add a detachable AT2K assembly, as soon as someone responds to my WTB that I posted in the Trading forum. Thanks for the comments, glad that people seem to be positive about this. I plan on doing the epoxy clean up/ paint job very soon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users