Photo

Your Worst Nerf Related Injury

98 replies to this topic

#1 Boss18

Boss18

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 04:18 PM

It almost imposible not to get hurt while Nerfing, but sometimes you get hurt real bad.What is your worst Nerf related Injury? For me, It would probably be burning my hand with the metal tip of a hot glue gun, or taking a shot to the ear from about 10 feet away from a BBBB that was singled with cpvc, and the tank was filled.Mega-ouchies. Anyway, lets hear what happened to you, from crossbow headshots to your dog going crazy and mauling you because you were shooting an Atom Blaster.
D0 U LiK3Z /\/\UDkIpZ? http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Burnboy85 <--- Clicky Cliky!

#2 Icespartan 1114

Icespartan 1114

Do NOT buy/sell with me

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 934 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 04:27 PM

For War: Getting shot in the testicles by my friend while having a Nerf war in my house with my Splitfire from 4 feet away with 7 pumps in the tanks. That hurt like a bitch.

For Modding: Defiantly slicing my finger open when I modding my PAS and then accident having the hot-gule gun lay on leg, and the glue gun was on for about 2 hours. I was making stefans and modding my PAS for PA war 2.

Edited by Icespartan_1114, 27 March 2009 - 06:33 AM.

QUOTE(Zaxbys @ Mar 2 2009, 02:08 PM) View Post
I won't be there til about 1-2...

Church... gotta soak up that Jesus!

NERFSTRONG #51

#3 rokor

rokor

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 04:29 PM

Probably be almost totally slicing my finger off while trying to mod the Mag for my first Recon. It was in southern Florida, and if insurance hadn't paid, it would have cost over $4000.

Other than that, every war I go to getting shot in the head, last Massacre I got shot with a 2K in the troat from about 5ft away.
"Sorry rokor...my cousin is gay too...it's okay...we're tolerant"
Talio in Shoutbox.

#4 Quilan Fett

Quilan Fett

• Members
  • 678 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 04:53 PM

A Ls catch failed and the brass breech shot into my finger. It took 4 months for my fingernail to grow back.
SNAP Shotgun

This guy can see the future!

QUOTE(pokemaster @ Mar 3 2009, 04:18 PM) View Post

hasbro in a nerf war!!!!! dude the will cancel it and confinscate are guns

#5 Mehku

Mehku

• Members
  • 383 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 04:55 PM

I was almost blinded in my left eye (my shooting eye) by a modified nitefinder from about 15 ft away. I have been wearing eye protection ever since.

#6 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 05:01 PM

Sprained ankle. Had to go to physical therapy for a month.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#7 Gears

Gears

The boy who lived

• Members
  • 848 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 05:05 PM

PAWar3. Two on two pistols. Me and Spartan vs. Ice and Split.

I was running through the snow, abruptly stopped, and sent my legs right out from underneath me. Wasn't the worst physical injury, but surely the most traumatizing. That, and I'm sure everyone got a good laugh out of it.

WoW is destroying my life.

-Groove out.

LAWN GNOME LIBERATION FRONT

#8 sputnik

sputnik

• Members
  • 911 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 05:09 PM

PAS.
Stefan.
Left nut.
5 feet.

'Nuff said.
tcambre on IRC.

<3

#9 death by cheez

death by cheez

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 05:10 PM

Definitely taking the nickel sized chunk of skin clean (or as clean as a surprisingly bloody injury can be) off my wrist. Or burning my hands, cutting my leg with a hacksaw, or getting hit on the head, falling down a slide, landing on a skate boarding helmet then my friend landing on top of me because he got hit off the slide too. OUCH.

http://fairview.dead...eadfrontier.com

Great game, zombie apocalypse MMORPG. I'm acer34p3r on there.

#10 Bullshit Dragon

Bullshit Dragon

• Members
  • 449 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 05:14 PM

So far, probably getting shot in the face with Ryan######'s +bow, that thing HURT.
Gimme back my bullets....

#11 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 05:22 PM

Cutting off a portion of my finger on the bandsaw. Looks pretty normal now but I have limited feeling on the tip of it.

Edited by Ryan201821, 26 March 2009 - 05:23 PM.

#12 NerfCrazy

NerfCrazy

• Members
  • 497 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 05:24 PM

My worst would be when some hot glue dripped onto the top of my on one of the knuckles, the flesh became super soft almost like mush or something and sort of rubbed off, now I am left with a scar from that. I believe its in a picture for my armor shot mod.

#13 Mas Ketchup

Mas Ketchup

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 05:30 PM

Probrally when i was playing with my singled ls. The catch wasn't strong enough and when i loaded the stefan the catch let go and the coupler jamed my finger. My finger was numb for about 2 days and the blood under my nail took about 9 months to disapear.
92% of teens have moved on to rap.
If you are part of the 8% who still listen to "real music",
copy and paste this into your signature

#14 nerfer63

nerfer63

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 05:30 PM

Cuting my self with I think it was a dremel thank god it was just a nick but it broke the skin and bled a little but the bad part is when I burnt it about five minutes after cutting it with a very hot hot glue gun.

#15 Magic

Magic

Formerly NerfOnFier

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 540 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 05:34 PM

For my nerf war injury, tripping over a stump in front of my friends gate and tumbling, struggling to get up, only to get owned by him. For my modding injury, trying to pry off the ring in front of the 2K pump. Screwdriver sliced off part of my finger.
EDIT: I forgot about when I burnt myself with a hot glue gun, about 3 days before Gankfest 3.

Edited by Magic, 26 March 2009 - 05:35 PM.

#16 hapenis

hapenis

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 05:39 PM

Sliced my finger open modding a maverick. Got 8 stiches and when i finally got them removed, turns out they were stiched wrong so I got 8 more stiches. It left a big scar and i cant move my thumb anymore.

#17 Disturbed

Disturbed

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 05:40 PM

Up on a 8ft wall, dodged a few darts from my friends mav, then went into firing stance, and overestimated the sive of the wall, foot slipped off, smacked my head on the roof near the wall, and fell onto the gravel... Ouch.
If you nerf in Washington, I am a host of SANO, Seattle Area Nerf Out. PM me, would love to add you to the Washington nerf crew.

#18 umpshaplapa

umpshaplapa

• Members
  • 636 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 05:41 PM

PAS.
Stefan.
Left nut.
5 feet.

'Nuff said.

I shuddered at that one.
Mine would be from a big salvo from 15 feet. Hit me right on the fingernail of my trigger finger.
QUOTE(Talio @ Jun 29 2009, 01:50 PM) View Post

i got a black belt in noob banning in 2004.

#19 Avatar of WoeBrian

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 05:48 PM

http://nerfhaven.com...topic=10086&hl=

(We normally use stock ammo with barely modified nerf guns, but my friend pulled out his hardcore longshot)

I've worn safety glasses at Armageddon and such but it's been quite a while since I've attended one of those. Either way, my eye made a full recovery.

#20 Nerfilla

Nerfilla

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 05:54 PM

For me it was when I was retreating from a group of enemies and ran into an electric fence surrounding a garden. Major pain on that.
My Brute

Rawr.

#21 deadshooter711

deadshooter711

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 06:09 PM

It wasn't my injury, but I accidentally shot my friend in the eye indoors about 8 feet away. Luckily my longshot wasn't to greatly modded so he recovered. That's about the worst so far...

My Nerf War Pictures

IT'S EVERYWHERE!

#22 Skitzo

Skitzo

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 06:11 PM

Last week I ended up ripping a large chunk of skin off two of my fingers modding a BBBB.

As for an actual battle wound:
Last winter I fractured my wrist snowboarding and a day after getting the cast on, I slipped on one of the bridges at Mill Creek landing completely on the cast.
I didn't realize how bad it was until I got home, I made the fracture a tad bigger and caused my arm to swell up inside the cast which became a bit painful.

Skitzo-

Edited by Skitzo, 26 March 2009 - 06:12 PM.

If soldiers were to begin to think, not one of them would remain in the army.- Frederick The Great

#23 death by cheez

death by cheez

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 07:12 PM

Crap, if you want war injuries here's one. I was pushed down the hall on a cart so I could shoot a guy around the corner and theoretically not get hit. What hapened was he had 2 TTG's (mega dart ones) and noticed me coming by looking in the little glass case, and shot me in the face, I fell back wards, and hit my head. Then maybe 10 minutes later got rug burn by falling off said cart and smashed my knee. Elkhart nerf is that Effeminate.

http://fairview.dead...eadfrontier.com

Great game, zombie apocalypse MMORPG. I'm acer34p3r on there.

#24 veginator

veginator

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 07:47 PM

My worst was when my high spped cuting attachment slipped and spun itself around my finger.

#25 Redmark

Redmark

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 07:56 PM

Getting shot in the eye with modded BBB from about 5 ft away....
Thank god it was a stock dart or I probably would have been blind in 1 eye.

Edited by Redmark, 26 March 2009 - 07:58 PM.

Non-Expanding Recreational Foam

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users