an interesting find

13 replies to this topic

#1 J cobbers

J cobbers

• Members
  • 586 posts
  • State:Texas

Posted 28 March 2009 - 12:55 PM

I was in Wal-Mart the other day and saw this new generic dart gun that looks like it is made by the same people who make the splat ball blasters. Any way it fires darts that leave chalk markings where they hit. I found this article about it. Any one try them out yet?

Don't forget to eat your meat based vegetable substitute children.

#2 diamondbacknf1626

diamondbacknf1626

• Members
  • 835 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 01:05 PM

Yes, I've heard of these, and actually happen to own one. They are almost identical to the Pistol Splat, yet they fire the chaulk darts as ammunition rather tha the paintballs. If I'm correct, this version may have a tad weaker spring than the the splat version, because I know that one variation was a tad weeker. I must say that te main advantage of this particular branch of the pistol splat over the other is the amo holder, as it is a very convinient spot to have darts to reload from.

I have seen this in threads before, but never in it's own thread, I don't believe, so I figured I'd just help you out with some info.
QUOTE(TxNerfer @ Nov 13 2010, 12:42 PM) View Post

Hey...I got a crazy idea: how about you stop all that sigging stuff? It's not even my thread and it annoys me.

#3 PointBlank

PointBlank

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 05:19 PM

Yes, I've heard of these, and actually happen to own one. They are almost identical to the Pistol Splat, yet they fire the chaulk darts as ammunition rather tha the paintballs. If I'm correct, this version may have a tad weaker spring than the the splat version, because I know that one variation was a tad weeker. I must say that te main advantage of this particular branch of the pistol splat over the other is the amo holder, as it is a very convinient spot to have darts to reload from.

I have seen this in threads before, but never in it's own thread, I don't believe, so I figured I'd just help you out with some info.

What are the ranges?
You can agree with me.... or you can be wrong.

My Latest Mods
The Cyclops
Pointblank Titan

#4 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts
  • NerfHaven Subscription Supporter
  • State:Oregon
  • u/Parabolictoys on Reddit

Posted 28 March 2009 - 08:27 PM

What are the ranges?

Dude, search. These are not new. Just new to WalMart. They get 50-60 feet with taggers straight from the box.
[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

#5 Boss18

Boss18

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 09:01 PM

So the tips of the darts are chalk, but the backs are foam?
D0 U LiK3Z /\/\UDkIpZ? http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Burnboy85 <--- Clicky Cliky!

#6 rokor

rokor

• Members
  • 792 posts
  • State:Ontario

Posted 28 March 2009 - 09:04 PM

So the tips of the darts are chalk, but the backs are foam?

Yup.
"Sorry rokor...my cousin is gay too...it's okay...we're tolerant"
Talio in Shoutbox.

#7 Pokechan

Pokechan

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 07:34 PM

What are the ranges?

Dude, search. These are not new. Just new to WalMart. They get 50-60 feet with taggers straight from the box.

Am I the only one that thinks those are BS ranges??
QUOTE(crispy @ Jul 21 2009, 04:58 PM) View Post

Talio you just love to eat your own shit don't you?

#8 Blacksunshine

Blacksunshine

• Members
  • 948 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 07:43 PM

What are the ranges?

Buy one and your mind will be changed.
Forgive my spelling and grammar. I post from my cell phone a lot. Sometimes when I'm on the can at work.

#9 diamondbacknf1626

diamondbacknf1626

• Members
  • 835 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 07:47 PM

What are the ranges?

Buy one and your mind will be changed.

Your mind will be more than changed. I have to say, out of the box (not a box exactly, more of a package), these things are beasts. If you like to play using stock guns/darts, this would be your pic. Like sunshine said, I'd recommend buying one, even if it's not just to prove yourself wrong. ;) . Seriously though, they're nice blasters. Modded, it's hard to give ranges, because it depends on the mod. I believe they get 80-90. I personally haven't ranged tested mine. Basically, it's enough.
QUOTE(TxNerfer @ Nov 13 2010, 12:42 PM) View Post

Hey...I got a crazy idea: how about you stop all that sigging stuff? It's not even my thread and it annoys me.

#10 ninja mods

ninja mods

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 10:49 PM

i have seen them and thought they might be like the splats but didnt want to buy one since i was saving my cash for a couple more nitefinders.

#11 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts
  • NerfHaven Subscription Supporter
  • State:Oregon
  • u/Parabolictoys on Reddit

Posted 03 April 2009 - 04:54 PM

i have seen them and thought they might be like the splats but didnt want to buy one since i was saving my cash for a couple more nitefinders.

Don't save for NFs... If you want a good pistol, these are definitely it. Easy to prime, awesome ranges, FAR better than nightfinders, unless heavily modded.
[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

#12 coltsboy29

coltsboy29

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 03:26 PM

But NFs are soooo simple to mod and they pwn!
Totally not gettin' siggy with it at all.

#13 k9turrent

k9turrent

• Members
  • 828 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 04:33 PM

NFs are somewhat ugly compared to these guns.

But with the stock darts, they hit 20'
With nerf Taggers, they hit 60'

(inside a hallway)

they are more powerfull than NFs, and skinnier.
QUOTE View Post

That's about it. And thanks Angela who helped me with these pictures.. It looks huge in her hands.

HOLY CRAP!

FU ALL

#14 Mukersman

Mukersman

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 07:38 PM

Actually, this just came up on NHQ a few days ago. Split said in the write up that he got 80 with only a pvc coupler, and that stock, it had a perfect seal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users