At2k Turret

Need help

7 replies to this topic

#1 Roschili

Roschili

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 09:56 AM

Hi, I am trying to get my AT2K turret apart so that I can do a barrel replacement with PETG. I have looked around the forums but cannot find a good way to get the turret apart. Is it a good idea to cut the turret at the line on all four barrels or is there an easy way to get them to come out. I read that you can get them to come out by removing the small piece in between the four barrels as shown in the second picture but after removing the screw I cannot get that piece out.This is what mine looks like now. Any suggestions?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thank you for looking.
I think my bullshit meter just exploded. What the fuck you talkin' 'bout, Willis?

#2 Hi Yah

Hi Yah

• Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 10:20 AM

Dip the barrel side of the turret in boiling water of about 10 seconds. This should soften the glue and the barrels should come out.
The yellow balls are also slightly smaller in diameter than the green ones.

#3 Roschili

Roschili

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 11:29 AM

Dip the barrel side of the turret in boiling water of about 10 seconds. This should soften the glue and the barrels should come out.

Does the center piece need to be removed to do that? Thanks.
I think my bullshit meter just exploded. What the fuck you talkin' 'bout, Willis?

#4 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 11:51 AM

The center piece has some grooves that fit over some tabs on the barrels. If it is screwed in, the tabs will not be able to come out, and neither will the barrels. If it is not screwed in, just jam a screw driver in there and try to rip it out. You can be very rough with the barrels, you don't need them. I have had some luck with the boiling water method, it does soften up the plastic too a white-ish pink and makes it easier to pull the barrels out with pliers, however, often times the barrels rip at the end or something, since the barrel itself is two pieces of plastic glued together. When this happens, you need to get out a sanding drum and attach it to your dremel. You should be able to dremel out the barrel easily enough, when it gets thin enough you can sometimes rip it out.

#5 Roschili

Roschili

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 06:42 PM

I removed the piece shown in the picture below from the center then soaked the turret in boiling water for about 15 seconds and still could not get any barrels to come out. Am I supposed to take more out of the center of the turret or is there something else I should try? Thanks.

Posted Image

#6 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 08:13 PM

I removed the piece shown in the picture below from the center then soaked the turret in boiling water for about 15 seconds and still could not get any barrels to come out. Am I supposed to take more out of the center of the turret or is there something else I should try? Thanks.

Posted Image

You need pliers and a lot of strength, the center is fine. Just dremel them out, it's not that hard.

#7 Pri

Pri

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 08:46 AM

I just pried mine off with my hands, they don't use very much glue.
My Youtube!
[quote] ice- I guess throwing guns against a wall is good for them...

#8 alphanerf

alphanerf

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 09:02 AM

While we're all on the topic of turrets, I Am making A turret at my house and for right now, I call it"The LRSD" Or Long Range Shelling Device because Its pretty much a big fat turret. It has this feature that you can attach different guns to it like A longshot and it fires and cocks all the guns at the same time. Then you can take out the guns and use them in a normal brawl. I will reveal pictures and instructions When I finish It.
My mom says I have more guns than the pentagon.

92% of teens would cry if Miley Cyrus was about to jump off a building.
If you are part of the 8% who would say "Jump B****, JUMP!!!!" . . .
Copy and paste this in your signature

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users