Photo

Ligntning Blitz Pump Help

6 replies to this topic

#1 fuzz080

fuzz080

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 10:27 PM

Hey guys, I recently received a Lightning blitz, and when I opened it up, the top of the pump was broken clean off! I have been trying without success to glue it back together and make it airtight with no luck so far. I have hot glue and epoxy at my disposal. I've tried everything I have and it just won't work, so any help would be greatly appreciated!
I've all ready heard the story about copper is the stuff that comes from in bettween your grandpas legs but other than that i really don't know.

#2 Magic

Magic

Formerly NerfOnFier

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 540 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 10:28 PM

The same exact thing happened with my Secret Shot 2, when I got it. You need to re-tube it. Get a tubing coupler, and glue it onto the pump. And then, well, re-tube. Hope for the best. I hope I was of assistance.

#3 Kid Flash

Kid Flash

• Members
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 11:20 PM

Are you talking about the pump handle or the pump tube? If it is the pump handle then just use epoxy putty. I did it to one of my big blasts.

#4 jackster57

jackster57

• Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 05:39 AM

Yeah, just get some new tubing and plumers goop. Problem solved! I think its 3/8 OD 1/4ID clear tubing. Alternatively I have a stock LB that I would sell you with no pump problems. Hope it works out for you as the LB is a great gun.

#5 fuzz080

fuzz080

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 10:09 AM

Yeah, just get some new tubing and plumers goop. Problem solved! I think its 3/8 OD 1/4ID clear tubing. Alternatively I have a stock LB that I would sell you with no pump problems. Hope it works out for you as the LB is a great gun.

It's the pump tube actually, the top part where the clear tubing attaches to the pump broke off. That's what I'm trying to fix.
I've all ready heard the story about copper is the stuff that comes from in bettween your grandpas legs but other than that i really don't know.

#6 Magic

Magic

Formerly NerfOnFier

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 540 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 10:12 AM

It's the pump tube actually, the top part where the clear tubing attaches to the pump broke off. That's what I'm trying to fix.

Like I said, the same thing happened to my SS2. Get a tubing coupler and glue it where the piece snapped off. Then do what ever you need to do to make sure it doesn't snap.

#7 jackster57

jackster57

• Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 03:38 PM

Get something like this. http://www.mcmaster....5117k96/=169nl5

Then drill the hole in the pump caseing a little bit bigger until it is the size of the threads. Then put plumbers goop on the treads and screw it into the hole you just drilled. Then just put some more plumbers goop on it until its airtight. Problem Solved.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users