Photo

Fair Use Law

2 replies to this topic

#1 nerfnrg

nerfnrg

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 02:41 PM

I was in school learning about intellectual something ( I forgot what it was, that was a few days ago) the other day and we had to take some quiz about it. Well, today, my teacher had a powerpoint presentation and a story for us about fair use. The story was about someone who videotaped a concert and sold it at his school. His VP, Vice Principal for those who don't know, talked to him about it. Well, apparently that kind of stuff is illegal. Most of you by now will be saying, "Why did he post this?" Well, the thing is, it is illegal to use songs that you have not created in a video and post it on the Internet. Well, the max you can have is 30 seconds of the song or 10% of the song, whichever is less. Most of you thought that you just had to tell who made it and the name of the song when you use it in a youtube video or something else. Also, with poems or other text, you can only have 10% or 100 words or something like that. So just letting you guys be aware that using songs from other bands and stuff is illegal and you could be arrested for doing that now (I think). Well, most of you did not know about this law. It is very new and was made in 2007. BEWARE. Seriously guys, I am not kidding about this.

~ nrg
Snake51886~ "Beware everyone...t2 has openly admitted to fucking 14 year olds...."
VindictivePancake~ "i've seen hot 10 year olds" - T2heavy
t2hevey~ "yupp"

(\ /)
(='.'=) <--Me
(")_(")

#2 rokor

rokor

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 02:53 PM

I thought that if you quote the writer/writers then it would be okay, I guess I was wrong...
"Sorry rokor...my cousin is gay too...it's okay...we're tolerant"
Talio in Shoutbox.

#3 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 03:11 PM

There's no reason to debate the intricacies of Intellectual PROPERTY and fair use laws.
I hate you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users