Air Zone 2009

New for '09

27 replies to this topic

#1 Gazoo

Gazoo

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 08:08 PM

I was browsing the Toy's R Us website and found some "New" guns. At least that's what they called them. Was wondering if anybody has seen these in their local TRU, or if it's just on the website.

8 dart blaster It says it comes with 2 blasters and 32 darts for $10.99. I'm not sure if that's a good deal or a shitty gun....

Twin Barrel Blaster - Pump and Blast. $19.99 This one didn't have a discription so I'm not sure what to think about it. Could be cool. I like the barrel shrouds at least.

A2 Dart Foam Blaster - 2 Pack $21.19 The discription said is has a quickload lever..... Interesting.... And what's whith the weird price? $21.19?

A2 Quickload Power Blaster $19.99 This one's a TRU exclusive. Note the "High-velocity Fly Wheel". It's motorized though so it's prob a POS.

And the best for last... Monsters vs. Aliens Area 52 Foam Dart Blaster $19.99 Ok, now this looks like it could be a BEAST. As long as it's not designed like the recon anyways. That light looks like a prime spot for some integration... Scatter gun maybe? Can't quite tell how you prime it though...

Feedback?
groove- Blatant asshattery will not be tolerated

#2 PointBlank

PointBlank

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 08:09 PM

Thanks for the heads up. The Quickload looks very nice, I hope it has potential.

Edited by PointBlank, 23 March 2009 - 08:11 PM.

You can agree with me.... or you can be wrong.

My Latest Mods
The Cyclops
Pointblank Titan

#3 rokor

rokor

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 08:14 PM

Thanks for the heads up. The Quickload looks very nice, I hope it has potential.

It's a flywheel, I'm pretty sure. And these blasters aren't quite new, they're here in Canada.
"Sorry rokor...my cousin is gay too...it's okay...we're tolerant"
Talio in Shoutbox.

#4 Soothsayer

Soothsayer

• Members
  • 663 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 08:15 PM

http://www.toysrus.c...oductId=3425056

new doubleshot if it hasn't been addressed

yeah I'm that guy who made that cool thing with the cool paint.

#5 bigred1rifleman

bigred1rifleman

• Members
  • 414 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 08:26 PM

That doubleshot isn't new, nor the quick load. The alien thing looks kind of like the bow that airzone makes as a Knock off of the BBB (the scope looks the same).

~F!nnster

#6 Silencer

Silencer

• Members
  • 443 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 08:27 PM

It looks like the 3rd product is just a twin pack of the first.
TMC

#7 veginator

veginator

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 08:31 PM

The pump and blast is just a water gun. I have already seen it in target.

#8 Alkorion

Alkorion

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 09:13 PM

Do you think that curved magazine coming out of the bottom will actually be the source of ammo or would it just be there for decoration? I think it looks pretty functional personally...
Posted Image
(clip surrounded by yellow)
/ /~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~\ \
|"Say hello, to my little Brute!"|
\ \~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~/ /

#9 Gazoo

Gazoo

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 09:21 PM

Do you think that curved magazine coming out of the bottom will actually be the source of ammo or would it just be there for decoration? I think it looks pretty functional personally...
Posted Image
(clip surrounded by yellow)

It says it shoots 6 rapid fire darts, so I'm guessing they come from that clip.. I like the angle, makes it look AK47ish

I'll get one this week if they have it at my local TRU and I'll post some pics of internals. If somebody beats me to owning one, please do the same

Edited by Gazoo, 23 March 2009 - 09:23 PM.

#10 Avatar of WoeBrian

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 11:08 PM

http://www.toysrus.c...oductId=3425056

new doubleshot if it hasn't been addressed

That doubleshot is not as practical as the BuzzBee Double Shot. My friend and I checked it out and apparently, there are two actions instead of one like the BuzzBee. With the Buzzbee, you eject the shells at the same time while cocking your gun. The Air Zone version, you release the shells up top and then close them in, however the gun stays straight and there is a cocking mechanism on the bottom of the gun that you pull back to cock before firing the gun.

#11 DJ Mashbot

DJ Mashbot

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 05:54 AM

How could you neglect the new Arrowstorm?
QUOTE(dizzyduck @ Apr 1 2009, 09:14 PM) View Post

Forget about ranges; range means nothing if your blaster is a giant rattle after three shots.

#12 Boss18

Boss18

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 06:34 AM

On the area 52 blaster, what is with the big orange missle thingy sticking out of the barrel? Also, do you think the flashlight below it has integration potential?This whole gun could be pretty useful.Hopefully it doesnt use a flywheel.
D0 U LiK3Z /\/\UDkIpZ? http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Burnboy85 <--- Clicky Cliky!

#13 slienced assassin

slienced assassin

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 07:11 AM

I think that "missle thingy" is just a barrel with a large orange cap on it.
92% of teens have moved on to rap.
If you are part of the 8% who still listen to "real music",
copy and paste this into your signature

http://supernerf.piczo.com/?cr=1

#14 mystefansdontflystraight

mystefansdontflystraight

• Members
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 08:11 AM

Im almost 100% sure it is clip fed. Use the zoom function to zoom to the bottom-right of the sticker. Looks a lot like a clip-release doesn't it? I cannot see any kind of cocking handle. It may be on the other side (yay for right handed people). Possible the stock pulls out, but that would be stupid. My guess is flywheel. I think there is a switch somewhere on it.
Bottom line: LARPers will love this. Chop off the stupid looking orange thing, and the bottom, slap on a real scope, paint it flat black, you have an assault rifle that uses clips.

Edited by mystefansdontflystraight, 24 March 2009 - 08:14 AM.

QUOTE(Blacksunshine @ Dec 24 2009, 02:15 PM) View Post

QUOTE(white moonlight @ Dec 23 2009, 01:29 PM) View Post

It's just screaming to be rearloading...

I seen a movie about that once.

#15 Vincent

Vincent

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 08:58 AM

The purple stock on the back looks like it could pull out, maybe that's the cocking mechanism.
QUOTE(Carbon @ Jul 14 2009, 07:50 PM) View Post

Heresy. Nothing beats pink flamingos.

#16 Echnalaid

Echnalaid

• Members
  • 981 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 09:32 AM

The Pump and Blast seems to be the water gun knockoff of the Lanard Fast & Furious. I know it's a flywheel, but it's pretty cool.
There was something on the bottom of the ad that said erotyka. Sounds like something spicy -Renegademilitia15

#17 DJ Mashbot

DJ Mashbot

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 02:14 PM

I picked up (as in lifted, not purchased and brought home) one of the Aliens vs. Monsters blasters in TRU today. It's clip fed, you pull out the purple stock at the back to prime it. The thing SCREAMS knock-off recon. For $20 I decided not to bother. The package on one was a little beat up so I test dry-fired it, it felt weak and the priming distance is only a couple inches, if that. It looks cool, but unless someone buys one and proves it's worthwhile, I'm leaving it alone.
QUOTE(dizzyduck @ Apr 1 2009, 09:14 PM) View Post

Forget about ranges; range means nothing if your blaster is a giant rattle after three shots.

#18 rokor

rokor

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 02:55 PM

I picked up (as in lifted, not purchased and brought home) one of the Aliens vs. Monsters blasters in TRU today. It's clip fed, you pull out the purple stock at the back to prime it. The thing SCREAMS knock-off recon. For $20 I decided not to bother. The package on one was a little beat up so I test dry-fired it, it felt weak and the priming distance is only a couple inches, if that. It looks cool, but unless someone buys one and proves it's worthwhile, I'm leaving it alone.

Pictures?
"Sorry rokor...my cousin is gay too...it's okay...we're tolerant"
Talio in Shoutbox.

#19 xtremejumpy

xtremejumpy

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 07:51 PM

I was at my toys r us about a week ago, and I've seen all of these on the shelves. Upon close inspection I know how most of these work. And the double barrel pump thing IS a water gun. That rapid fire one DOES run on a fly wheel.

#20 Boss18

Boss18

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 08:13 PM

Im almost 100% sure it is clip fed. Use the zoom function to zoom to the bottom-right of the sticker. Looks a lot like a clip-release doesn't it? I cannot see any kind of cocking handle. It may be on the other side (yay for right handed people). Possible the stock pulls out, but that would be stupid. My guess is flywheel. I think there is a switch somewhere on it.
Bottom line: LARPers will love this. Chop off the stupid looking orange thing, and the bottom, slap on a real scope, paint it flat black, you have an assault rifle that uses clips.

Yes, But It might looks dangerously close to an M4 or an M16.You'd have to paint an orange tip on it aswell, or you could be in some serious doo-doo.

#21 oh1134

oh1134

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 02:30 PM

I too saw the area 52 blaster.
However, DUHN DUHN DUHN it uses shells.

#22 Galaxy613

Galaxy613

• Members
  • 999 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 04:18 PM

BuzzBee shells? Or a new type?
[Former Caretaker of the Guru Mk2]

#23 Gazoo

Gazoo

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 06:25 PM

I don't get the "DUHN DUHN DUHN" part.
Back in the 80s we used to say things that were entirely wrong, and then after a pause say "...NOT!"

Is that what you meant?
Because I just took a good look at several of them in TRU, and there definitely are no shells.

Very stiff foam darts (like handle-bar grip foam) with relatively hard heads shaped like those of Nerf streamlines, and a stiff plastic tube runnning all the way down the middle. And the magazine at the bottom is a separate part with a release lever, but it was still all strapped into the box, so I couldn't peek into the mag. But a few of the darts were loose and it appears they should fit inside. The whole thing looks pretty fragile. The back of the box said "ToyQuest" and the apparent quality just did not impress me favorably at all. Nice style, though.

When I can get one from Goodwill for $1.99, I'll be more interested. And that might not take long.

I suppose it is possible they built a decent magazine loaded breech, but I think ... NOT!

Ok, I just got back from TRU and Target..... Saw the 52.... Bob is dead on. Giant PoS! If you looked at this thing wrong it would break, let alone if you droped it. The box was beat up so I was able to get the clip out and look into it. Looked like a VERY cheap recon. I even loaded a dart into the mag and "shot" it, if that's what you want to call it. The heavy dart didn't even leave the gun! So to sum up, AVOID AT ALL COSTS! Unless you see it in the mega clearance bin or a garage sale that is. Oh and bob, The breach is garbage indeed, like the rest of this gun.

#24 Boss18

Boss18

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 06:55 PM

So is the Area 52 flywheel or not? Also, do you think the clip could be used as somthing else, like in a Longshot or in some sort of breech?I could see it being used with some intergration.It looks like you could fit an AT2K or AT3K in a few places.

#25 Gazoo

Gazoo

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 07:06 PM

So is the Area 52 flywheel or not? Also, do you think the clip could be used as somthing else, like in a Longshot or in some sort of breech?I could see it being used with some intergration.It looks like you could fit an AT2K or AT3K in a few places.

No it's not a flywheel, that's for sure. The clip could be used in something else, but I think it's too fat for the Recon or LS. In the pic on the website, it looks like a light on the bottom, It's just a giant hunk of grey plastic. Def integration potential, but still not worth the $20 :D So disapointing, It looked like it had so much potential. If only it was made be NERF, or even Buzzbee....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users