Applicable to Nerf

9 replies to this topic

#1 iMod1

iMod1

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 03:27 PM

Hey everyone,
I was watching TV earlier this morning, and I saw this new substance called "Zubber". I immediately thought it was some sort of play-dough, but upon further inspection, it is actually a sort of epoxy putty for rubber. It comes in a package as a moldable substance, but upon hardening, it has the consistency of rubber. This has endless applications for Nerf modifications, and even homemades. Here is the site, The Amazing Zubber.

Some possible applications could include custom molded plunger heads, permanent sealant, and even rubbery grips for guns.
Discuss!!
-iMod

Edited by iMod1, 22 March 2009 - 11:27 PM.

A computer once beat me at chess, but after that it was no match for me at kick boxing.

#2 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 03:49 PM

That looks awesome, just note that it cannot be used as an adhesive. When you say epoxy putty it makes it sound like that. It does look awesome for grips, though. You also can't use it as a sealant, because its not an adhesive. They were letting it dry in plastic molds for crying out loud. Wait a sec, if you wanna use it for grips, you probably are going to have to glue it on after molding it. Still cool, but not as useful as you think it'll be.

Edited by TantumBull, 21 March 2009 - 03:53 PM.

#3 Merzlin

Merzlin

• Members
  • 589 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 04:52 PM

I doubt it could be used as a plunger head of any sort, and not even close too a sealant. If you buy enough of the stuff, I guess you could make a grip, but I don't see any other possibilities.

#4 Jedijoe9

Jedijoe9

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 05:06 PM

The first thing that popped into my mind was trying to make a batch of stefans with it. I'm not sure if it would be any safer than hot glue domes, but I bet you could get some awesome consistency with a mold.

Cool find. I might try and pick some up.
"If you watch jaws backwards it's about a huge shark that throws up so many people that they need to open a beach."

I nerf like a four year old.

#5 iMod1

iMod1

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 05:42 PM

Yea it's not an adhesive, but I'm sure you could use some other adhesive to make it stick. And making stefans with that sounds like an excellent idea. Plus you get multicolored stefan tips!
-iMod
A computer once beat me at chess, but after that it was no match for me at kick boxing.

#6 Soothsayer

Soothsayer

• Members
  • 663 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 12:35 AM

Personally I think this would be a great alternative to o-rings. Just put an excess amount of zubber around where you want the o-ring, and shove it into the plunger tube, and it'd be pretty much an exact 100% seal, trimming away the extra zubber.

I think my little cousin just got some of this shit, I'll see if he has anymore or if I can get my hands on some. Someone else should attempt the same and post your results.

yeah I'm that guy who made that cool thing with the cool paint.

#7 Salmon

Salmon

• Members
  • 447 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 12:33 PM

It's really funny, because I just got back from a friends house, and I saw this on TV over there. And literally, one of my first thoughts was, "Holy crap, I aught to post that on NerfHaven!"

Anyway, in the ad, they advertised it making wristbands, so this stuff has to be pretty strong. I'm skeptical about using it as an O-ring, but sure, it'd do wonders for, say, dressing up a SNAP real pretty. Hmm.

~Salmon
Welcome to I-dont-care-isburg, population: me.
We're located in I-Don't-Give-a-Damn County, in scenic Shut-the-Hell-Up-achussets.
Maybe you're familiar with our annual charity drive where we ask for shit, and no one gives any.

#8 iMod1

iMod1

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 11:30 PM

Ok JSB, changed the topic heading. So now that you are using it, how strong is it? I'm assuming it's gonna be weaker than normal rubber, but can it hold up?
-iMod

Edited by iMod1, 22 March 2009 - 11:30 PM.

#9 iMod1

iMod1

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 12:29 PM

Yea, that's actually a pretty good idea. I bet making a flat band would work for sealing breeches with the same e-tape problem. Tell me how it works out for ya.
-iMod

#10 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 02:35 PM

I'll have to try this as padding on the grip of my +bow. That polycarbonate grip kills my hand.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users