Recommend Me A Gun Based On These Specifications

25 replies to this topic

#1 Tsunami

Tsunami

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 12:31 PM

What would be the best gun to get that would follow these specifications:

Extremely accurate, line drive no arch shot that only needs to reach 40ft. (Obviously if it's that accurate in that close of range it would be a gun that would have a max range much further than 40ft) I want a gun thats really effective in basement wars. I'm sure there are a lot of guns that are very accurate from that close range.

ROF doesn't really matter

Thanks

Edited by Tsunami, 03 June 2007 - 12:32 PM.

#2 Ronster

Ronster

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 12:36 PM

At3k ftw.
-I Nerf, there for I am.

QUOTE(baghead @ Oct 25 2006, 09:55 AM) View Post
Ronster reminded me that I should have warned you all Prepare your Bladder for Imminent Release!!!!

#3 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 12:38 PM

Couplered Big Blast. Accurate up to 90 feet and a respectable rate of fire. Very safe indoors if you limit yourself to pumping 2 or 3 times rather than 5 or 6.
And it's only $9

Edited by CaptainSlug, 03 June 2007 - 12:39 PM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#4 Megamannt92

Megamannt92

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 01:03 PM

A modded Longshot is pretty accurate. And Its fairly easy to modify.
Muaha! We aint' no Geocity anymore. Join here! The Foam Universe!

#5 OfAllTheNerf

OfAllTheNerf

• Members
  • 714 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 01:47 PM

Couplered Big Blast. Accurate up to 90 feet and a respectable rate of fire. Very safe indoors if you limit yourself to pumping 2 or 3 times rather than 5 or 6.
And it's only $9

I agree.

That would probably be the safest (a few pumps, not 5 or 6, like CS said) for an accurate 40' gun. It would probably also be your cheapest.

For a skilled modder, they are "fairly easy" to modify, but if it's one of your first guns to mod it can be very daunting if you don't know where all the parts go. You can end up throwing it down the basement stairs, and a week later, trying to find all the screws (personal experience). Nevertheless, I am proud to say that I did pull it off as my first mod, although I'm not recommending that you try to mod it as yours.

But all honesty, almost any gun can be modified (minus the really crappy ones, like the rip rocket series) to shoot 40 feet accurately.

The firefly can be modded to shoot aroundd 50 feet, so it could be accurate at 40 feet. It wouldn't be the fastest dart blaster, but it has a reasonable price, and has a comfortable stock.

I would also recommend:

-at2k, only 8 bucks if you can find one in person (they sell them online at kohls, but I don't know if they sell them at the actual stores). It would have to have a barrel replacement though, and you would need decent modding skills.

-at3k, good modding skills

-NF, basically needs a barrel and spring replacement, decent modding skills. Also, it's small.

-DTG, has high rof, and only needs restrictor removal to get around 50 feet.

Of all of those, the easiest to modify and has the most power for your money is really the Big Blast, I'm just giving you some alternatives. I'd go with CS's suggestion.

Edited by OfAllTheNerf, 03 June 2007 - 01:50 PM.

[color=#FF6600][Finesse]-[BitchX]

#6 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 02:21 PM

DTG, 10 shots that can be fired off very fast. At mine hits accurately at 50 feet and I didn't beef the junk out of it.
We should stop calling out/making fun of/pissing GC off. He's actually contributed and is available for trade. He's a better than average member no doubt. Got your back Cole.
-Nerfer34

You know what... I know it's kinda late... but Props Cole.
-Baghead

#7 Retiate

Retiate

• Members
  • 778 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 02:32 PM

Unless you have a barrel replacement, Longshots aren't very accurate. At least, they don't really meet your standards of "extremely accurate".

I think a Magstrike would be awsome in a basement war, though they aren't "extremely accurate" either. They don't meet your requirements, but they can get 40 shots off (2 clips) in full auto or burst.
At least, that's what I'd use in a basement war.

An AT3K or Big Blast looks your best option.

Airtech 3000
+Good RoF (6 shot, auto rotating turret)
+Good accuracy (for your requirements)
+Good range (around 80')
-After 6 shots, reload is slow
-Not the easiest gun to mod, though it isn't too difficult
-Not very available

Big Blast (based on other people)
+Great range
+Great accuracy
+Available, only $9
+Easy to mod
-Lower RoF

So, those are your best options.
I think I'd go with the Big Blast just because it's way more available and a whole lot cheaper (you'd pay at least twice as much for the AT3K).

#8 Guest_DarkInfection_*

Guest_DarkInfection_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 June 2007 - 02:35 PM

How come every time I visit NH, I see some thread asking "What Gun Should I get?" Do people seem to think that the NIC their own personal Nerf guru or something? Anyways, a singled AT2K makes for a very accurate gun...

#9 Dart Attack

Dart Attack

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 02:43 PM

The MaxShot is a great gun for what you want. Its easy to mod (you don't even have to open it to mod it), its acurate, great range, and its only $9.99.

Here is a link of where you can get it,
http://www.amazon.co...80742890&sr=1-1

#10 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 02:49 PM

A Big Salvo is a good bet also, because it is easy to mod and has a great distance with a small amount of modding. It can also be used as a shotgun, loading multiple darts. They are also fairly easy to find.
We should stop calling out/making fun of/pissing GC off. He's actually contributed and is available for trade. He's a better than average member no doubt. Got your back Cole.
-Nerfer34

-Baghead

#11 Tsunami

Tsunami

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 03:09 PM

But all honesty, almost any gun can be modified (minus the really crappy ones, like the rip rocket series) to shoot 40 feet accurately.

Well I also want good velocity, which I forgot to mention. I have a few guns that make it 40' and if I practiced with it I wouldn't miss in target practice, but they would be too slow ands too easy to dodge. So I need a gun that'll reach 40' in a line drive(no arch), extremely accurate, high velocity. It seems like a lot to ask, but i'm sure it's fairly attainable because I only need these requirements to hold true up to 40'. ROF doesn't really matter all that much.

#12 OfAllTheNerf

OfAllTheNerf

• Members
  • 714 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 03:36 PM

Well I also want good velocity, which I forgot to mention. I have a few guns that make it 40' and if I practiced with it I wouldn't miss in target practice, but they would be too slow ands too easy to dodge. So I need a gun that'll reach 40' in a line drive(no arch), extremely accurate, high velocity. It seems like a lot to ask, but i'm sure it's fairly attainable because I only need these requirements to hold true up to 40'. ROF doesn't really matter all that much.

Yeah, I wasn't very clear my self. What I meant was that you can mod a lot of guns to shoot 40 feet with high velocity. That's what I meant when I said "accurately". Pretty much as long as they can get a max distance of 50-55' they can shoot at 40 feet with "good velocity".

But if you want it to shoot over 40 feet REALLY fast, like Crossbow fast, that's going to hurt whoever gets hit, even at forty feet. If the peoiple you're shooting at don't want to get welts, then you might not want to get something that shoots over 70-80 feet, unless you're using stock darts or something.
[color=#FF6600][Finesse]-[BitchX]

#13 Tsunami

Tsunami

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 04:02 PM

Yeah, I wasn't very clear my self. What I meant was that you can mod a lot of guns to shoot 40 feet with high velocity. That's what I meant when I said "accurately". Pretty much as long as they can get a max distance of 50-55' they can shoot at 40 feet with "good velocity".

But if you want it to shoot over 40 feet REALLY fast, like Crossbow fast, that's going to hurt whoever gets hit, even at forty feet. If the peoiple you're shooting at don't want to get welts, then you might not want to get something that shoots over 70-80 feet, unless you're using stock darts or something.

I think one idea that might work is to lightly mod a crossbow, instead of super mod it, right now with just a crayola barrel+copper barrel it gets like 50' or something, how much better would the range be once I get my brass and make the nested brass thing everyone talks about?

#14 watkins

watkins

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 04:11 PM

Really, its as simple as a NF. You can mod one for anything you need and they have to be the most basic thing in the world with very few parts. I use one of mine for shooting squirrels from 30 feet and I have great luck getting them to leave the bird feeder alone, and thats with suction darts. Even a Maveric can be useful at similar ranges if you know what youre doing.

What matters most when choosing the gun is what you want its maximum capabilities to be, then you can limit the mods to get down to your indoor requirements for a springer. Or in the case of an air gun, pump less.

#15 DarthNerfer

DarthNerfer

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 04:19 PM

I agree go with a Night Finder. They are about $6 everywhere and you don't even need to spend money modding it. Just take the air restrictor out and stretch the spring a little. We mostly use NFs in our wars at work and the good battles are at a range between 30 and 40 feet from each other. You can dodge some shots but not all of them!
Nerfing at the Office

#16 NerfFreak

NerfFreak

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 05:46 PM

What about a BBB? They're not incredibly cheap, but aren't that expensive. They shoot hard once you stick a crayola or some CPVC down the barrel. Even without that mod, the arrows go far too.
Nuckin' Futz

#17 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 06:26 PM

A Big Salvo with long barrells have good velocity.
-Nerfer34

-Baghead

#18 Megamannt92

Megamannt92

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 01:54 PM

A Big Salvo with long barrells have good velocity.

I like the Big Salvo, and its super easy to mod(use my mod: )http://thefoamfighters.smfforfree.com/topic/36.0.html), you don't even need to open the gun. Its not what I would call extremely accurate however. But really, what nerf gun really is "extremely accurate"? I mean guns can be accurate to a point, but not from 40 or 50 feet with great consistency(unless the gun can fire 100+ feet or something).

But as some already said you can really go wrong with a NF....And if your not sure how to mod one google "Nitefinder mod" and you will get thousands of results.

Edited by Megamannt92, 04 June 2007 - 01:58 PM.

Muaha! We aint' no Geocity anymore. Join here! The Foam Universe!

#19 PointBlank

PointBlank

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 03:20 PM

The bbb is pretty good too.
You can agree with me.... or you can be wrong.

My Latest Mods
The Cyclops
Pointblank Titan

#20 LordoftheRing434

LordoftheRing434

• Members
  • 565 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 03:29 PM

Powerclip/Magstrike are so fun in indoor wars. People will try to avoid you like the plague.

I, too, am a patron of the indoor Maverick. NFs are nice, but if you have a Mav it has a quicker rate of fire; big comfort in close quarters wars. There are lots of guns listed here I would go with, but there's a few more I would add: Supermaxx 3000, Supermaxx 1500, Splitfire, Monoblast, or an RF20. Most of those are a little more difficult to come across, but they suit the case well.

~Rings
And when he gets to Heaven, to St. Peter he will tell, "One more soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell."

"I bluff it. I don't throw my weight around and say I know what I'm doing." ~ Mick Jagger

#21 ninjabeast22

ninjabeast22

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 03:41 PM

I would say BBB from experience. It is fairly easy to mod and is very accurate. A NF would be cheaper and, if modded well, would go almost as far, but it's not as accurate.

#22 Brass

Brass

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 03:42 PM

A modded mav, like lord-of-the-ring said, is a nice indoor weapon, seeing as it has one of the best ROFs in nerf. Even after modding it, you can't get great range, but indoors it doesn't matter all that much. It's not a real easy mod, but is a very cheap gun at $8. A harder mod, yet a better weapon is the magstrike, also mentioned here, with full-auto, another gun with a great ROF. The magstrike lists for about $35, so if you really want an intro to modding, get a maverick or a night finder, seeing as they are the cheapest guns in nerf.

Cussing, cursing, swearing, using profanity: All I have to say is why the hell not.

Because every time you do God kills a kitten.

Everytime you miss an opportunity to say 'fuck' I'm going to eat a kitten.

#23 Cmdrmack

Cmdrmack

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 04:28 PM

I have yet to not hit my target with the Bigger Salvo. One just has to wait for the right shot. The optimum range is around forty feet, and it has the added advantage of being able to either use the shotgunned stefans as per the modification or mega stefans in the stock barrels, which are actually quite accurate once you get the hang of how to aim it properly.

The downside is the long reload time if you only have one set of splitters.
QUOTE(Predalien_Ro @ Apr 7 2008, 10:24 PM) View Post

Oompa: FECES!? Who in their right mind would try that shit!?

Bigger Salvo

{FWPC}

#24 foammasteroffusion

foammasteroffusion

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 04:46 PM

if you want good indoor guns try:
-big salvo
-bbbb
-bbb
-nf
-mav
-recon or longshot, the recon is gold for indoor wars
-magstrike
-rf20
-vulcan
-disk shot
-dtg

I know some are unpopular but these are in store, widely avaible, and easy to mod.

#25 nerfnerd88

nerfnerd88

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 05:29 PM

Titan, Dead accurate, somewhat decent ROF.

AT2 or 3K

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users