Nerfing @ Schools

13 replies to this topic

#1 iMod1

iMod1

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 03:36 PM

Hey guys,
Many of you know that nerfing at a really nice school is pretty fun, and my local elementary school just redid their campus. I tutor there, and every time I visit I almost salivate at the dream of the nerfy goodness that could happen. However, there is now way for the public to gain access except when a gate is opened. My question is, do you ask schools if you can use their campus, or do you just waltz in if the campus is open to the public?
Thanks in advance,
-iMod
A computer once beat me at chess, but after that it was no match for me at kick boxing.

#2 Shadowblade

Shadowblade

• Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 03:53 PM

For SENO here in Augusta, we just come and use this local elementary school's playground and campus for the weekend. It's a public school, so technically speaking it is public property. I'm guessing this is okay for most public places (as the school playground is basically a public park).

As long as we don't break anything and clean-up after ourselves, we shouldn't run into any problems with the authorities (if there are any present on the weekends). Using the inside of the school, however, is a completely different story. You would definitely have to go the principal or other head of school.

Edited by Shadowblade, 17 March 2009 - 03:54 PM.

Proverbs says, "The wise man doth not shoot the Viking in the ding ding for he shall pummel thee."

But you can totally shoot Vacc there, he loves it!

~Talio

#3 iMod1

iMod1

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 04:19 PM

Ok. Well even the playground is closed off, so I guess they really don't want the public in there. Thanks anyways.
-iMod
A computer once beat me at chess, but after that it was no match for me at kick boxing.

#4 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 04:23 PM

DCNO we never asked, we just showed up. A couple of times there were soccer games going on. We never really had much trouble. If the gate is closed it wouldn't hurt ask.

Talio.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#5 iMod1

iMod1

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 05:07 PM

Heh lucky East Coast Nerf. There is another school I thought of with several open entrances. Thanks for the info though.
-iMod

#6 Soothsayer

Soothsayer

• Members
  • 663 posts
  • State:Ohio

Posted 17 March 2009 - 06:00 PM

I recommend just politely asking the schools principal or administrator. Use "battle" or something instead of "war"

Just lay it thick that you're only using foam shooting guns. Bring in an unmodified maverick and let whoever you're talking to check it out, parents and adults usually get a kick out of them and approve of the idea after checking it out.

edit:

Also, throw some sappy "it's nice to have an event kids who don't like regular sports can come do instead of getting into trouble/drugs/etc"

Like I said, lay it all on really thick until they feel like a total asshole if they say "no"

Edited by Soothsayer, 17 March 2009 - 06:03 PM.

yeah I'm that guy who made that cool thing with the cool paint.

#7 SchizophrenicMC

SchizophrenicMC

• Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 06:22 PM

I'm holding DAFT on my school's campus. It's not inside, but, it's on the campus. Whenever I Nerf there, I never run into trouble. If there's a gate, I'd definitely ask first, though.
QUOTE(NerfUK @ May 8 2009, 11:54 AM) View Post

(I forgot to take a picture of my own poppers)

QUOTE(analogkid @ May 20 2009, 10:04 PM) View Post

Every size rod you could ever want.

#8 iMod1

iMod1

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 08:01 PM

Yea it's not so much the inside as it is the general area between buildings.

Sooth: Wow man. Are you like a car salesman or something? That's some really good stuff you got there. Heck I think I'll try that.
-iMod

#9 Crankymonky

Crankymonky

It's The Dean!

• Members
  • 687 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 09:52 PM

As Talio said, for DCNO we have never asked, but I've always gone to the school on the same day of the week, to make sure there is no major activity that takes place there. I also check the school's calendar and any local sport leagues calendars. We never had to abandon play, but we have changed the boundaries when there is a soccer game for one hour of the day.
Tyranny Response Team

#10 KingBouyah

KingBouyah

• Members
  • 103 posts
  • State:Utah

Posted 18 March 2009 - 12:39 AM

Years ago my friends and I used to play laser tag among the buildings of my local elementary at night in the summertime. We never had any real trouble because we were never destructive. Though once or twice we were a bit loud enough to have nearby residents call the police. When they showed up, we just explained what we were doing and they told us to just keep it down a little, but that we could keep playing.

I would expect Nerf to be a similar situation. I think you'd be safe if the campus is open, as long as you don't break anything. If it's not open, then it would be best to get permission or go somewhere else, lucky you found a place to go.

#11 iMod1

iMod1

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 09:33 AM

Thanks for the feedback guys. I've pretty much scouted two areas, one is for sure an open campus that is really good for nerf, because when I went to church there we used to play cops and robbers and a whole bunch of stuff until the church moved. It was a blast. Anyways, I think I will definitely try to "saturate" the administration for the closed campus, because their place is even better then the previously mentioned school.
-iMod

#12 UpperHand

UpperHand

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 01:59 PM

Also, throw some sappy "it's nice to have an event kids who don't like regular sports can come do instead of getting into trouble/drugs/etc"
Like I said, lay it all on really thick until they feel like a total asshole if they say "no"

I laughed when I read this, because it's so true.
My SCR-6
My Homemade Sidearm
The least you could do is tell me some advice. geese!

-- Headshot 21

#13 Mukersman

Mukersman

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 04:28 PM

Yea it's not so much the inside as it is the general area between buildings.

Sooth: Wow man. Are you like a car salesman or something? That's some really good stuff you got there. Heck I think I'll try that.
-iMod

His name is Soothsayer. :P

#14 z80

z80

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 07:47 PM

When we played, we were only kicked out if it was night. Happened like three times over three years.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users