Singled Recon?

Possiable?

31 replies to this topic

#26 Drew is nerfing

Drew is nerfing

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 04:04 PM

You can do what I did and do a CPVC breech. It will still accept the clip and gets about 60's. However, recons, being the crap they are, will break. The endcap breaks off over time. I added a spring to mine and the catch actually snapped under the pressure. The gun is almost unmoddible to a useful point. I suggets getting a BBB, one of my personnal favorite guns.

#27 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 04:54 PM

You can do what I did and do a CPVC breech. It will still accept the clip and gets about 60's. However, recons, being the crap they are, will break. The endcap breaks off over time. I added a spring to mine and the catch actually snapped under the pressure. The gun is almost unmoddible to a useful point. I suggets getting a BBB, one of my personnal favorite guns.

Or a Scorpion bow (on sale right now), certainly is a better use of $15.
[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

#28 themacattack672

themacattack672

• Banned
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 08:31 PM

So I was reading this thread and thought, "Hey wait a minute, I did this!" Basically, it's a CPVC breech not unlike the one Ice used for his version of the CPVC singled LS. I just cut off the internal barrel of my Recon at the point where the bottom of the air restrictor is (the same place as the air restrictor spring) and got about 3 inches (give or take a bit) of 1/2 inch CPVC and attached a coupler to the front of that and glued a handle to the side of the coupler. Also, before you do all this internal work, you need to cut a hole in the side of the gun itself to make room for the "bolt" handle. Anyways, after you get the coupler and handle finished, you will want to get a length of 1/2 inch CPVC, long or short enough to suit your liking, and glue that into the front of the gun in the place where the attachment barrel connects. After that, you are all done and may do with the gun as you please.

Thanks,
Themacattack

Edited by themacattack672, 19 March 2009 - 08:33 PM.

#29 Mehku

Mehku

• Members
  • 383 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 09:19 PM

The Recon was never intended to be an outdoor primary. Period. Sure, I love mine, but it is my indoor primary. Don't single it. The whole reason I bought mine was for the rate of fire. If it was a single shot gun, it would really suck, because it just can't shoot farther than 60' even if you mod the crap out of it. Its not worth it.

-Mehku

#30 joshdirkwe

joshdirkwe

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 11:44 AM

Ok I have a recon. I was wondering if it is possiable to single a recon. I just want to know if any body has tried or thought of this before. Im just wondering if it would improve its range because the recon is not that good of a gun.
thanks for your suggestions,

YWN

yes it is possible to single it I just did, and with no new spring or anything it gets about 80-90 feet flat!

#31 moosa

moosa

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 07:33 AM

That's cool.

So, can we let this topic die now, or do we all need to continue reemphasizing one another's points over and over for another page or so?

Edit: Nice. Page 3.

Edited by moosa, 29 March 2010 - 07:33 AM.

Yes.

#32 anon-dude

anon-dude

• Banned
  • 46 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 10:38 AM

I did it, it worked for the most part but some peices broke so it doesn't work anymore (obviously).
"Its not illegal...just extremely erotic like masturbating on an airplane" - The Hangover...FTW

A.K.A. NarcolepticPenguin on NR

Zmandudesk82: "@Qwear: Nice name. I'm glad to see the NIC being open to people who are... different."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users