Can you believe this will be the 15th time a "DCNO" is held

112 replies to this topic

#101 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 03:42 PM

Well, aside from the aforementioned statewide little girls' soccer championships that took place in the Labyrinth yesterday, all-in-all I say it was a good war.

Being sick for the past 4 days didn't help my game that much, and I lost almost all the rounds I played up until about 2:00. Thankfully that changed afterwords, and won almost every round after that till the end of the day. The two pistol rounds we played were exciting and hectic, forcing players to think on their feet and adapt to a smaller format than they were used to. I got quite a few headshots during those 2 rounds. I'm REALLY glad we waited until the soccer games were over to play on the field, because those were the best 4 rounds I played all day long. I don't know if everyone was just tired, if I had finally warmed up or I had finally gotten used to the Mk. III or what, but everything seemed to click. And having not utilized the full-scale of the Labyrinth and finally getting to use it at the end of the day made it all the more intense. A big thank you to those who stayed and decided to wait it out, it was a blast. See (most of) you at SuperNoVA.

-Groove

"Too close for missiles, I'm switchin' to guns"

#102 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 06:29 PM

I thought this war was bad ass.

Highlights:

-The weather was fantastic. You really can't get more perfect nerfing weather then that. Not to hot, not too cold, not rainy and not muddy. What more could you ask for.
-The water jugs were fun until they weren't anymore.
-I love weird rounds. They brake up the monotony. It was cool to try some different stuff. Whenever you have restrictions on space it's not fun, but the goal is to make the best of it and I think we did just that.
-I met some damn cool nerfers yesterday, especially Ryan. It was cool to meet you. It's not often that I leave a nerf war not completely and utterly annoyed.

Yesterday really pysched me up for the summer. That was the first war I've been to since I was gone where I was actually really into it. I've been super half assing it and it's awesome to be back.

Talio.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#103 jwasko

jwasko

PowerBeard

• Moderators
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 11:56 PM

Pros:
-One of the first few rounds that included the playground, basketball court, and most of the Labyrinth was quite fun. I was the first and only one out of the game (since it was ultimately suspended) but I had a good time (even though, apparently, some otheres were not).

-Anything that centered on the "pavilion" (especially the pistol rounds...or were they all pistol rounds?) was awesome.

-The 3 (or was it actually 4?) rounds after the soccer kids finally left were unbelievably awesome. I've never played in an open field like that before and thought that it would be a boring "stand-off city," but it was surprisingly dynamic. Up until 4:30 the war rated about a C, but those last rounds bumped it up to an A-. It's a shame that so many people had already left, but then again maybe the small number actually contributed to the fun.

-Nerfing with a lot of great people, including ones I met last year (Groove, Galaxy, OMC, NerfMonkey, Ryan, etc) as well as meeting and doing battle with/against a lot of new guys (Talio, Split, Jaxxon, Dizzy, etc)

-Doing decently (if not good/great) with my RSCB BBBB in every round that I was able to use it. I'll have to test it in other wars, but I think I may finally have found my "signature primary." Hopefully, Big Blasts don't get banned at all major east coast wars.

-Having so much fun during the last few rounds that I didn't even care that I left a huge percentage of my darts on the field.

-Receiving a custom title. Thanks to the Mod/Admin who did it.

Also, two notes:

And people also need to start counting back in out loud

I agree. If you clearly have your blaster pointed in the air, it's easy to tell. If you're reloading, it's impossible to tell unless you're counting out loud. I only remember witnessing two or three cases of this, but a big enough deal was made that they stick out in my memory.

I want to apologize to Split and someone whose name I don't remember. I shot them immediately after clearing, which I should not have done. I could go on about the reasons that brought about these two occurrences, but I instead I'll just say: I wasn't trying to be a dick in either case, and I'm sorry that it happened. I'll be more careful about clearing in future wars.

Edited by jwasko, 01 June 2009 - 12:01 AM.

-Jwasko, STILL Sole Surviving member of Steel City Nerf and Sober Sister of the Sex Dwarves
We NERF ON all day, and FUCK OFF all night

#104 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 10:42 AM

Langley, .....you're still an asshole.

Well that goes without saying. I'm really sorry about that, I really didn't intend to get you all wet before your drive home. Which really just makes me an inconsiderate asshole, but I guess that's better than being a malicious asshole.

I had a really good time. It was cool meeting some people from the internets for the first time, and the field was great despite the soccer games. I was especially impressed that the soccer moms not only refrained from calling the police, but actually honored our requests for them to back off a bit when they started to get too close to the gauntlet. Everyone did a really excellent job of preventing a confrontation with the soccer moms and everyone was very respectful of the soccer game and the boundaries that Cranky and Groove set to keep us from causing any trouble.

Pistol rounds were awesome, the rounds on the field at the end of the day were awesome, I even thought the clan war was awesome, and my team lost that one. When are we having the next one?

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#105 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 03:48 PM

Some photos, from the one round I took pictures of.
Posted Image
http://www.flickr.co...57619108505526/

Edited by CaptainSlug, 01 June 2009 - 03:48 PM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#106 Naes Draw

Naes Draw

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 05:40 PM

:blink: Is he jumping or kneeling in that one?

Also: Yay I'm in some!

Edited by Naes Draw, 01 June 2009 - 05:46 PM.

The nerfer with the green goggles.

|||||)

#107 TED

TED

In Brightest Prawn, in Darkest Shrimp...

• Administrators
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 05:35 PM

I have a few pictures from the war we had. Only a few of them came out ok.

Posted Image

Oh look in the background. What's that? Just what made our day oh so special.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Star Wars can go fuck itself.

#108 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 05:52 PM

I shot Langley in the face on the first round of the day. I already apologized, but I still feel bad about it. My bad, dude.

Having so much fun during the last few rounds that I didn't even care that I left a huge percentage of my darts on the field.

That pretty much sums it up for me, too.

-Groove

"Too close for missiles, I'm switchin' to guns"

#109 jmwasko

jmwasko

Accessories

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 12:38 AM

Alright, for my first nonlocal war, I can't complain at all.

Pros:

-Meeting some awesome nerfers in person whose names I've only been able to read or hear about for the past year or so.

-Not being completely bashed by those pros for my excessive/obsessive amount of accessories or "tactical" gear (and even being nicknamed for it).

-Getting to try out my usual guns and gear in a long distance, outdoor war to experiment for a whole day to see what I need and what is dead weight and what guns are basically useless in certain situations.

-Getting to play in an open field at the end of the day after the end of the world peewee soccer tournament. Being a civil war reenactor in my other hobby, after playing at local indoor wars and in the confined gauntlet for countless hours in my past experience, it was nice to be able to use my knowledge of civil war infantry tactics to know how to flank, keep up a solid skirmish line, and use minor variations in the landscape as a major tactical advantage (i.e. the sunken road in front of the playground and under the hill with the tree). HIGHLIGHT: Pressing the other team back into the corner while holding the road with my brother and Groove at one point.

-Running down Dizzy and jwasko (my brother..) and hitting them with my stock reactor...
Oh and:

WOOOOOO! Effeminate win as far as I'm concerned, accept for getting nailed by that ball gun.... :blush:

Yeah, honestly dude, I didn't notice hitting you. Basically as a warning to all though, suck my balls.

On the aside,

Phil's Arrowstorm wasn't as shitty as you think Hersh. It didn't have the range of the other guns but when he was shooting at us from 30' away it would have been stupid not to run away, or at least back up. Even a quad 2k can't shoot as fast as that thing.

I'll back you up there NerfMonkey, I'm pretty damn sure you and I were the ones in the playground skirmishing with him at the end of the day. That thing, with the rate of fire and amazing distance, left us no choice as far as retreating a few times. Not to mention jlego's cover fire from over the bushes. I had to use the serpentine style run to get away one time, but hey, we pushed 'em all back eventually.

Finally, sorry to any that were affected by my new-guy-ness. I know I got a little confused and shook up a few times between a couple violations, whether not being sure I was hit, not sure if I hit someone or not, or instinctively using cover when it was out of bounds at one point. Thanks to all who put up with it.
Now I know how to not be a dbag.

-jmwasko AKA "Tactical"
JMWasko, the blue Sex Dwarf.

NF PolyHolsters

#110 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 01:47 AM

As long as your not an ass about it no one's gonna get mad because you made mistakes. We may scream at you, but that's because we're fighting and the adrenaline is rushing. I'm certainly guilty of this more then anyone else. The tactical gear was a bit of overkill, but you weren't retarded about it, so no one was gonna give you shit. But what really confuses me is who the fuck you are and what you relation to just Jwasko is? Are you guys brothers? And if so, where is your Effeminate beard?

Talio.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#111 diamondbacknf1626

diamondbacknf1626

• Members
  • 835 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 08:12 AM

But what really confuses me is who the fuck you are and what you relation to just Jwasko is? Are you guys brothers?

-Running down Dizzy and jwasko (my brother..)

There's your answer. As for the beard, I don't know either of them. Sounds like an awesome war, guys, regardless of the soccer. I even play soccer, and I can say I'd still be pissed at them. Wish I could've come down for this...
QUOTE(TxNerfer @ Nov 13 2010, 12:42 PM) View Post

Hey...I got a crazy idea: how about you stop all that sigging stuff? It's not even my thread and it annoys me.

#112 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 10:29 AM

I shot Langley in the face on the first round of the day. I already apologized, but I still feel bad about it. My bad, dude.

No worries. I just got caught on that corner while I was counting in. It happens. Sorry to fuck up your shot with my face. <g>

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#113 Naes Draw

Naes Draw

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 10:51 AM

Thanks for that last pic, there weren't many good shots of me, so it's nice to have one.

I also have to agree as a newbie, that first round was a bit of a crucible, I went out there with melee's stuck to my primary, a extra pistol stuck in a hammer loop, and a messed up belt.

That stuff went back in my bag first time I fell and it all went flying - it just wasn't usable. Definitely a learning experience.
The nerfer with the green goggles.

|||||)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users