#1 Crankymonky

Crankymonky

It's The Dean!

• Members
  • 687 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 04:02 PM

Date: May 30, 2009
Time: 10:00 AM - 4:00 or 5:00 PM
Rules will be covered at 9:45 with the first round starting at 10:00.
Address: 431 Beall Avenue Rockville, MD 20850

Eye protection is mandatory.

Banned Blasters:
Guns have been banned for safety reasons only. Should a blaster be upsetting the playing field, we may ask you not to use it. The doomsayer isn't banned at the moment, as I have not seen how it changes the gameplay. This list is subject to change.
  • SuperMaxx 5000
  • Titans with fewer than four barrels. If there is any mechanism to fire less than four darts at once, it will be disallowed.
  • Plugged pump air guns that were meant to fire something larger than a mega dart
Manta-rays (or anything that attempts to recreate them) can be used as shields, however the stock Manta-ray size is the largest a "shield" can be. Anything larger will count as a hit.
Homemade air guns will be tested at the war, due to the large variance in their power.

No guns that are painted black or a dark color. No camo guns. Really, be smart.

These rules are subject to change. These rules are based on the same ones we've been using for ages.

Attendees
Definite
  • Crankymonky (+1) (+2?)
  • Groove
  • NerfMonkey
  • ThatWasRandom
  • CaptainSlug
  • adama + 1
  • Ompa
  • Naes Draw
  • One Man Clan
  • Galaxy613
  • Dark Shrimp
  • Clubace
  • Ryan201821
  • Langley
  • Splitlip
  • Talio
  • Jlego
  • Pam_Isley
  • THIRST
  • Dizzyduck
  • Iyaodo Yami
Maybe
  • Magic
  • DJ Mashbot
  • Doom
  • UberKuhlMan
  • Squishy + (?)
  • fallinouttadabox + 1 (Part of the day)
  • Rambo
  • Shindig
  • Twitch
  • bpso86
  • X RUSHED X +1
Anyone who would like my phone number for directions, I will be giving it out to those who ask, as the war approaches.

Edited by Crankymonky, 29 May 2009 - 06:27 PM.

Tyranny Response Team

#2 Crankymonky

Crankymonky

It's The Dean!

• Members
  • 687 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 04:07 PM

I was thinking Late May to Early June.

There aren't yet any wars in May, classes let out in late may for those in college. SuperNoVA is happening on June 20th, so driving down to DC in back to back weekends is never optimal.

What dates work for everyone?

Do we want to play at the Labyrinth again or should I scout a new location?

Posted Image

If anyone has not experienced the Labyrinth, I would be happy to find/take photos of the location.

Please note the Gauntlet (Wayside Elementary) is no longer a potential war site, construction has been finished and an extension to the building has replaced where we nerfed.

Edited by Crankymonky, 16 March 2009 - 04:07 PM.

Tyranny Response Team

#3 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 04:23 PM

Any weekend late May to Early June works fine for me. The Labyrinth is nice, but the old field seems like it was fantastic. I know it's gone, but I'd say it'd be worth it to scout either way.
Teehee.

#4 Icespartan 1114

Icespartan 1114

Do NOT buy/sell with me

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 934 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 04:25 PM

Holy shit, another DCNO! I really hope I can attend this. I am free for all weekends of May and June. So I am definitely a definite. Hopefully Ice and Gears will be joining me. I would rather play on the Labyrinth.

Edited by Icespartan_1114, 16 March 2009 - 04:26 PM.

QUOTE(Zaxbys @ Mar 2 2009, 02:08 PM) View Post
I won't be there til about 1-2...

Church... gotta soak up that Jesus!

NERFSTRONG #51

#5 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 04:28 PM

Wow, damn. I have to make it to this since I failed to make it to the fall one last year.

Pictures of the Labyrinth can be found here if anyone cares.

Link!

Late May or early June is great for me...

#6 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 04:55 PM

I vote for late May, either 23rd or 30th, since June is Supernova and I'm hosting a Summer DCNO in July sometime. Labyrinth works fine for me, we'll just need to utilize some mobstacles on the field so we can get some more play out of it.

-Groove
PS ~ R.I.P. Gauntlet -- you served us well.

"Too close for missiles, I'm switchin' to guns"

#7 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 08:48 PM

It's about time.

No real preference on the date. I'd prefer if it was after I'm out of school but I'll be busy checking out colleges in June so late May would probably be better for me too. The 30th would be better than the 23rd since Memorial Day is on the 25th and I'll be marching in a parade that day but that's not a huge deal.
SexD Warves

#8 Galaxy613

Galaxy613

• Members
  • 999 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 09:15 PM

Mid to Late May onward is good for me. :)
[Former Caretaker of the Guru Mk2]

#9 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 07:40 AM

Well, I have Supernova and the Deal war I'll be hosting coming up in late june, so that month is probably no good for me otherwise. May would be my choice. Also, I'd like to see some new locations scouted if possible. Calling that field the labarynth is a bit missleading since very little of the combat actually takes place in or around those portables. Most of it is in the one large open field. A little more variety might spice things up a bit.

VACC

#10 Muttonchops

Muttonchops

1.21 Muttonflops

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 09:10 AM

May 30th seems like a good day. Those of us still in college will be taking finals on the 2nd and 9th of May, and Memorial day weekend is the 23rd. There already seem to be a bunch of big wars a happenin' in June.

-Deamonn

Edited by Deamonn, 17 March 2009 - 03:51 PM.

The LGLF - The ass-kickingest, arm-missingest, beer-drinkingest nerf clan in Jersey

21:45 Gears That's boob grabbing time
21:45 Gears it is so easy

#11 Skitzo

Skitzo

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 02:04 PM

The only way I could attend a DCNO would be carpooling, my car does not like driving long distances and MD is a bit too far. If anyone plans on driving from NY or northern NJ and could swing by and pick me up that would be great.
Depending upon the date I may either still be in school in Purchase NY or at home in Greenwood Lake NY.
Assuming someone picks me up the date doesn't matter much.

Skitzo-
If soldiers were to begin to think, not one of them would remain in the army.- Frederick The Great

#12 Magic

Magic

Formerly NerfOnFier

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 540 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 02:19 PM

I'm ALMOST positive I can go. If I do go, Skitzo, I can pick you up most likely. Don't put all hope on me though, because there's still chances I can't.

#13 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 02:46 PM

I can't believe I forgot about Memorial Day, and DC traffic around that date is horrendous as it stands already, so I would prefer May 30th as well. I'll be long-since out of school by that point. If anyone needs transportation from VA and would like to carpool with me, let me know.

-Groove

#14 jwasko

jwasko

PowerBeard

• Moderators
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 10:17 PM

Last year's DCNO was over Memorial Day weekend, wasn't it? I don't remember traffic being that bad...although the motorcycle rally was a little annoying.

Personally, I would pick the 23rd, on account of the fact that it will be a 3-day weekend for (high) school students and (I'm guessing) a fair number of people with real jobs.

But there's nothing particularly wrong with the 30th, so whatever floats you guys' boats is fine.

PS:
If anyone is wondering if Steel City Nerf is coming: I don't know yet. It will probably come together at the last second, if it does.

That's how we seem to roll.

-Jwasko, STILL Sole Surviving member of Steel City Nerf and Sober Sister of the Sex Dwarves
We NERF ON all day, and FUCK OFF all night

#15 ThatWasRandom

ThatWasRandom

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 10:42 AM

Ahh, it's been too long.

I'll be done with school and home from Western PA after the first week in May, so both the 23rd and the 30th work for me.

Oh, and I second Groove's "RIP Gauntlet." That place was great.

-TWR

#16 dizzyduck

dizzyduck

• Members
  • 627 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 09:07 PM

I will definitely be there, seeing as I can get to Rockville on the bus and I don't have to bum a ride from anyone. School will be out too.

Any weekend in mid May or June is good for me.

Edited by dizzyduck, 18 March 2009 - 09:12 PM.

Duck off.
Art & Stuff

#17 Crankymonky

Crankymonky

It's The Dean!

• Members
  • 687 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 10:42 AM

DCNO will be held May 30th. Memorial day traffic being the main reason it was chosen over the 23rd. Also, people may visit family and be unable to attend should the war be memorial day weekend. Please remember that approximately 80% of the country travels memorial day weekend, or did in 2006. I would expect it to be significantly lower this year.

Expect Post 1 to be updated this weekend. The location will be the Labyrinth unless a superior location is found either through scouting or the DC area tune-up war(s).

Your DCNO host,
Dean

For those concerned about rules, DCNO will not be adopting Mag7 rules and rules similar to past DCNOs will be used. The doomsayer's legality is undetermined. Assuming DCNO continues to attract more people under the age of 18, as it has the past few wars, some stronger air guns may be banned. The full "rule-set" will be posted this weekend.

If anyone has any concerns with the rules, date, location, transportation, etc. feel free to contact me.

Edited by Crankymonky, 26 March 2009 - 11:34 AM.

Tyranny Response Team

#18 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 11:25 AM

The location will be the gauntlet unless a superior location is found either through scouting or the DC area tune-up war(s).

I'm just going to clarify this as this seems to be a typo on Crank's part, I'm pretty sure he means the Labyrinth, seeing as the Gauntlet no longer exists (in the form in which it used to be, at least).

For those concerned about rules, DCNO will not be adopting Mag7 rules and rules similar to past DCNOs will be used. The doomsayer's legality is undetermined. Assuming DCNO continues to attract more people under the age of 18, as it has the past few wars, some stronger air guns may be banned. The full "rule-set" will be posted this weekend.

Just another point of clarification: This is Crank's DCNO and I'm not going to step on his feet for his planned rules, but I just thought I'd clarify that his rulings will apply to this particular one. The Summer DCNO in which I am hosting this year (planned for sometime in July, date TBA) will be adopting the Mag7 ruleset.

-Groove

#19 Crankymonky

Crankymonky

It's The Dean!

• Members
  • 687 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 11:48 AM

I'm just going to clarify this as this seems to be a typo on Crank's part, I'm pretty sure he means the Labyrinth, seeing as the Gauntlet no longer exists (in the form in which it used to be, at least).

I'm living in the past. Typo corrected.

Just another point of clarification: This is Crank's DCNO and I'm not going to step on his feet for his planned rules, but I just thought I'd clarify that his rulings will apply to this particular one. The Summer DCNO in which I am hosting this year (planned for sometime in July, date TBA) will be adopting the Mag7 ruleset.

Thou shalt never oppress DCNO with thine fair rules! Autonomous shall we remain!

We'll work out something on the licensing fees for the name DCNO later

Edited by Crankymonky, 26 March 2009 - 11:51 AM.

Tyranny Response Team

#20 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 05:58 PM

There's nothing happening that weekend so I'll be there unless something comes up.
SexD Warves

#21 Icespartan 1114

Icespartan 1114

Do NOT buy/sell with me

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 934 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 06:09 PM

There's nothing happening that weekend so I'll be there unless something comes up.

Same here.
QUOTE(Zaxbys @ Mar 2 2009, 02:08 PM) View Post
I won't be there til about 1-2...

Church... gotta soak up that Jesus!

NERFSTRONG #51

#22 Crankymonky

Crankymonky

It's The Dean!

• Members
  • 687 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 03:56 PM

First post updated. To be put on the Maybe or Definite list, post now.
Tyranny Response Team

#23 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 06:26 PM

<- Definite
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#24 ice

ice

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 06:31 PM

If spartan happens to make it up, I'm sure I'll be getting a ride from him.
<!--quoteo(post=206428:date=Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM:name=Mukersman)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mukersman @ Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
Turd stefans. When I pulled these out of the pillow case i was just like, what... the... fuck...
Muker
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#25 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 08:24 PM

Definite.
SexD Warves

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users