Pas Manual Chaingun Modification

My first mod the poor mans doomsayer

11 replies to this topic

#1 Pearson2

Pearson2

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 02:12 AM

Ok so this is my first mod that I have ever created. By some miracle everything worked. Thanks in advance to Crooked, FA24 and my dad for helping me out with this.

Just like Sagat created the Tiger Upercut as a way to defeat Ryu's dragon punch I needed something that would help me hold my own in a 1 on 1 vs Forsaken angels Doomsayer. Although I call this the poor mans doomsayer FA24 and I had a laugh over the fact that I probabally spent more on this then he did to mod the doomsayer.

I present the MRC (manual rotating chaingun) 5.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Things you will need for this mod

- 1 Ft of 1 1/4 inch PVC pipe
- 1 Ft of 1 3/8 inch Doweling rod
- 3 Ft of 5 millameter threaded metal rod (its about 1/4 inch, pretty much as small as possible)
- 5 Ft of 1/2 PVC pipe
- 5 Ft PTEG (preferably brass. This mod screams for using brass)
- 3 Nuts that can thread over the rod
- A power drill and (preferably a drill press, makes life alot easier)
- A hacksaw
- Plumbers goop
- Hot Glue and Gun
- Epoxy Putty
- E- Tape
- The stuff I used was called no more nails but any wood adhesive will work
- PVC cutters
- Elastic Bands

Step 1:

At the front of the PAS above shell there is a small black knub that sticks up with a screw in it. Remove the screw. Take your power drill with a bit that is as close to the size of your threaded metal rod as possible (if you can get a drill that is 1/4 inch you should be doing pretty good.) Drill a hole through the front of that knub. The gun will seperate a little bit while you do this, don't worry the other screws will hold it in place. Try to stay as close to the shell as possible to prevent the top of the knub from cracking open.

Your hole should look like this.

Posted Image

Step 2:

Take your 1 1/4 PVC and cut a piece off of it that is 10 inches. You can cut it longer or shorter if you like but I find 10 inches is perfect to hold all of the barrels while still not having the 1 1/4 inch PVC get in the way of the shotgun coupler.

Step 3:

There are one of two things you can do here. I recomend the second option but either works.

option 1) Cut your 1 3/8 inch dowel into a 10 inch section.

option 2) Cut two 2 inch plugs from your 1 3/8 inch dowel.

This part is very important as it will effect how your barrels line up with the coupler, if the measurements on this are incorrect the barrels won't all line up with the coupler making the mod pointless. Find the exact centre of the dowel I recomend measuring 0.63 inches from the side of the dowel and making a pencil mark. Do this as many times as you have patience for. Where the most pencil marks are will give you a general idea where the middle is. The rest is just eyeballing.
Take your drill or hopefully your drill press and drill a hole stright down the middle of the dowel. It is also very important that the drill goes stright down the dowel.

The reason why I recomend option 2 is because chances are you do not have a drill press that is 10 inches long. If you do keeping the drill or the drill press stright for an entire 10 inches is going to be a task unto itself. Also for this part you may find you have to make a number of tries before you get the hole right in the middle. It took my dad and I about 6 tries before we got both plugs the way I wanted it.

take your 10 inch or your two 2 inch plugs and sand them down so that they fit tight into the 1 1/4 inch PVC. They may fit without sanding, if they do don't bother sanding them down. You want them as tight as possible. Lather your wood adheisive onto the dowel and plug the piece(s) into the PVC so they are flush with the ends.

Posted Image

Create five 1 foot barrels using PVC and either PETG or Brass. I strongly recomend brass if you can afford it (I'm told 5 feet will run you $25). Because having lose darts slip out of the end of this gun in the middle of a war can be frusterating and costly. Brass tightening rings can fix that problem and prevent alot of misfires.

Hot glue your barrels onto the exterior of your 1 1/4 PVC tube making sure that at least 1 inch of the barrel is hanging off of the end. If you place the barrel on the 1 1/4 PVC tube and secure it with 2-5 tight elastic bands you should have both hands free to hot glue it in place.

Warning: Make sure the barrels are stright and arn't glues to the PVC on an angle. I made the mistake of eyeballing this and not looking twice, now every 5th shot fires off to the left.

After your first barrel has dried to the PVC put that barrel into the coupler of your shotgun. You are going to want to make sure that your second barrel is far enough away from the first that you are able to rear load the darts into the gun.

Posted Image

You should be able to see all of the PETG or brass without the shell blocking it. If done correctly there will be enough room for 5 barrels. Always for this part go off of the last barrel. By that I mean in the last image if the barrel that is currently in the coupler was the first one that I added to the PVC the one to the left of that would be my second one, then the one above that would be the 3rd. This will allow for the most room in between the barrels.

Once all 5 barrels have been added wrap the whole contraption in E-Tape.

Posted Image

Run your threaded metal rod through the hole you made through your dowel then through the hole made in the shotgun knub. You want your rod long enough to run to the back of the shotgun, through the wooden dowel with about 3-4 inches sticking out of the other side.

Now is the time to double check. Get someone to hold the rod in place while you ensure that all the barrels line up with the coupler. They should all slide in fairly smoothly, if not sand down the ends, the weight of the dowel and the PVC will prevent them from poping out.

Put a nut on the one end of the metal rod that you have above your shotgun shell. Secure it snug against the knub at the front of the shotgun. This will ensure that when you pull the barrels forward the metal rod won't detach from the shotgun.

Grab a small wad of paper or foam, anything really to raise the part of the metal rod at the back end of the shotgun about 1/8 of an inch off of the shell. Apoxy putty all along one side of the shell of the shotgun on to the metal rod. Do not apoxy putty over both sides as it will make it almost impossible to open the gun up again for repairs or future mods.

After the epoxy putty dries add another 2 nuts on to the end with the barrels. Leave the nuts about 3-4 inches away from the Dowel so that you are able to pull the barrel out of the coupler, rotate to the new barrel and insert the new barrel into the coupler. Hacksaw off the remaining rod.

For shits and giggles I went to the dollar store and found a plastic knife that has the blade retract into the hilt when there is any pressure put onto it. I added this to the end of the gun using E-tape and Epoxy putty.

Posted Image

This was partially because it looked cool but mostly so that no one will ever ask me if my gun was loaded when I barrel tap them.

The beauty is that this mod allows the PAS to maintain its range and accuracy while increasing the rate of fire in a huge way. I used this mod at the last massacre in Toronto and it worked wonderfully for rushes, long range attacks, pretty much anything.

Questions? Comments? Flames? Do I need to add more pictures of anything?

Remeber first mod ever. Please have mercy.
Crooked: Did you see that guy who singled a doomsayer?

Pearson: Why would you single a doomsayer? Thats like taking a Ferarri and putting family seating in it.

#2 Applefury

Applefury

• Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 07:45 AM

This is an amazing first mod! It performed extremely well at Massacre 3. It is faster than a speedloader with greater ammo capacity. It is like having a slightly slower Maverick with MUCH higher range.
Also you may wonder the stability of the mod but it held its own at the war, with him running around all day with it. The turret is heavy but secured well.
Once again, Great Job.

Edited by Applefury, 16 March 2009 - 07:45 AM.

QUOTE(Gamefreak @ Sep 29 2008, 07:03 PM) View Post

Since you're too young to get a hotel, you should look around, maybe check some aim chatrooms.
Theres alot of really friendly, nice people out there, that'd be more than willing to accomodate a young boy.

#3 Renegademilitia15

Renegademilitia15

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 09:45 AM

Pretty nice. The pictures could use a bit of sizing up, but other than that, looks pretty groovy.
So basically its a PAS with a Ten shot turret, right?

Nice first mod.
Singled RFS
FA_24's response to Ice's back pain thread:

I used to have that problem until I got circumcised. 15 pounds later I was able to stand up straight.

#4 slowguitarman

slowguitarman

• Members
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 10:10 AM

I will vouch for this thing as well. I was very impressed by it at the war. This is definitely a very good first modification.
Your dreams were tight like a baby

SGM's Shred Shop -Mod Service

NerfHaven's resident drama queen.

#5 rork

rork

• Members
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 10:27 AM

I do like me a good Bobafan turret. Highly underrated, in my opinion. And the PAS really looks nice with the extra bulk. It's nice to see a new guy making a practical gun, with Shooting People in mind, instead of another fracking Longshot.
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20296" target="_blank">SNAPbow Mk. V</a>
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20409" target="_blank">Make it pump-action</a>

#6 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,761 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 12:24 PM

I present the MRC (manual rotating chaingun) 5.

It's called a turret. A chaingun would entail a motorized ammunition feeding system.
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#7 Glint

Glint

• Members
  • 315 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 04:46 PM

Yeah, I gotta vouch for this thing. Not only is is convenient and works amazing, I remember one time at Massacre 3 both Pearson and I popped up from behind opposite barricades and I just slammed right back down because that thing looks so intimidating from the front.

Great work.

This has spiraled beyond uselessness into utterly stupidy.
- VACC
Read it again until you figure it out.

#8 Pearson2

Pearson2

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 05:10 PM

Thanks to Glint, slowguitarman, rork, and applefury. I'm pretty proud of this mod.

Renegade: Its a PAS with a 5 shot turret. A 10 would be beyond Effeminate....... which I have to find a way of coming up with. I still havn't figured out how to post pics properly. If you click on the pic though it should take you to a larger one.

Captianslug: My bad. Now I have to think of renameing it. MRT dosen't sound as cool MRC almost sounded like MERCY when I said it fast.

Pearson: Why would you single a doomsayer? Thats like taking a Ferarri and putting family seating in it.

#9 deaddumpster

deaddumpster

• Members
  • 326 posts
  • State:Ontario

Posted 16 March 2009 - 05:20 PM

Captainslug: My bad. Now I have to think of renaming it. MRT doesn't sound as cool MRC almost sounded like MERCY when I said it fast.

But you can call it Mr. T!

This thing was a beast at Massacre. I am very impressed at this being your first mod as well. Looking forward to going up against it again at Massacre 4.
QUOTE(VACC @ Jan 15 2009, 01:55 PM) View Post

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. A good nerf gun is like a good woman. It shouldn't require extra lubrication.

#10 1337

• Members
  • 375 posts
  • State:Pennsylvania

Posted 16 March 2009 - 05:26 PM

Yeh, i can vouch for this thing being awesome. kicks my first mod to the curb and practically rapes it.

although, it is extremely heavy. he let me hold it before a round, and after a long day's nerfing, have fun holding that thing upright.
Join the REVOLUTION!

#11 Pearson2

Pearson2

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 06:12 PM

I forgot to mention 1337 makes a good point, the front end of the gun has quite a bit more weight to it. To balence out I hot glued used batteries in the shotgun handle. Balences out the gun but it does give it some good weight. Makes for good exercise.

#12 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,471 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 10:10 PM

Ha, I never said you spent more time. I said you spent more money.
Mr.T isn't bad name at all.

Most importantly, If this is your first mod. You have a ton of potential.
I didn't even help you out that much. I am excited to see what you can bring out next or the next level of improvement on this thing.

If you want to edit your post so the pictures come up as full then follow this:

Go to:
http://www.imageshack.us/

Upload your photo.

Then this page will come up.
Posted Image
Choose the highlighted code in red:
Don't forget to check off this checker in blue.
Unless you really care that the NIC knows when you uploaded the photo.
So copy and paste the red highlighted code right into your message box.

If you want to play around with it and test it out. You can always click on preview post.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But Iím just not the angel you knew.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users