Longshot Suggestions..

Might do my first one tomorrow :3

16 replies to this topic

#1 OnyxZenith

OnyxZenith

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 09:28 PM

Okay, I went to bass pro shop today (sadly did not obtain a PAS)
SO IM REPLACING IT WITH AN LS :lol:

I need to know whats the recommend weight (in copperhead BBs) for an LS dart.
(Considering how powerful an LS-CS6 is, I just want to make appropriate darts for it so I don't go and waster all this hotgule...)

ANOTHER THING! I have like a leftover stock Mav... can anyone give me a link to the LS-MAV integration? I've seen BlackSunshine's blasters integrated that way, but idk if he posted a HOWTO on it.. :/

Edited by OnyxZenith, 14 March 2009 - 09:29 PM.

SoothSayer-

"Just adding some lube and twisting it back and forth for a while should make it easier"

Subscribe to my Music page and mods >> http://www.youtube.com/user/OnyxMP312

#2 Wes7143

Wes7143

• Members
  • 758 posts
  • State:Maine

Posted 14 March 2009 - 09:45 PM

You seriously need a "how to" to integrate a mav on to a LS?
QUOTE(VengefulWaffle)
Get off my boyfriend

If at first you don't succeed, add more epoxy.

#3 OnyxZenith

OnyxZenith

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 09:47 PM

I've never done one... [insert fail and sad face here]
SoothSayer-

"Just adding some lube and twisting it back and forth for a while should make it easier"

Subscribe to my Music page and mods >> http://www.youtube.com/user/OnyxMP312

#4 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts
  • State:Washington
  • u/LukeKoboJobo on Reddit

Posted 14 March 2009 - 10:41 PM

There are no write ups, people who have made them didn't think it was necessary. Neither do I.

#5 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 11:05 PM

There are no write ups, people who have made them didn't think it was necessary. Neither do I.

And you bitched at someone else for saying the same thing man. Pick a fucking side.

Anyway, I would cut off the little tab in the back of the slide, then put it in the bipod area. It seems like a pretty natural, and then you could cock it by pushing forward. Seems like it would work.
Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

#6 diamondbacknf1626

diamondbacknf1626

• Members
  • 835 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 11:15 PM

I'd go with what BustaNinja suggested. I have seen it done before, and actually was planning to do it on one of my own LS's at some point. I just kind of abandonned it. You may actually prefer this method to that which BlackSunshine used on Mournblade, simply because it's a hell of a lot easier, and allows you to have two seperate triggers, so it has ease of use. Really though, it's up to you what you want to do with your ls.
QUOTE(TxNerfer @ Nov 13 2010, 12:42 PM) View Post

Hey...I got a crazy idea: how about you stop all that sigging stuff? It's not even my thread and it annoys me.

#7 Vincent

Vincent

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 11:50 PM

The pinned thread for LS mods.
QUOTE(Carbon @ Jul 14 2009, 07:50 PM) View Post

Heresy. Nothing beats pink flamingos.

#8 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 12:51 AM

And you bitched at someone else for saying the same thing man. Pick a fucking side.

Anyway, I would cut off the little tab in the back of the slide, then put it in the bipod area. It seems like a pretty natural, and then you could cock it by pushing forward. Seems like it would work.

Oh, so now I'm not allowed to say that some things are simple? Jesus fucking christ! That's taken completely out of context. Me and Split were talking about a completely different thing.

#9 Hipponater

Hipponater

• Members
  • 297 posts
  • State:Wisconsin

Posted 15 March 2009 - 01:47 PM

Oh, so now I'm not allowed to say that some things are simple? Jesus fucking christ! That's taken completely out of context. Me and Split were talking about a completely different thing.

No, you were talking about how people should make threads for everything, and Split was saying somethings do not deserve threads.

This is one of those threads.

Stefans are cheap to make. Make like 3 with one BB, 3 with two BBs, and then see which works better.

And how to integrate a maverick? Well, you could just glue it on, or look around at some other threads for ideas. (Picture/Paint Job thread?) Or, you could just search.

#10 1337

• Members
  • 375 posts
  • State:Pennsylvania

Posted 15 March 2009 - 01:53 PM

Longshots are fairly powerful, so i'd definitly say 2 bbs or a 3/0 fishing weight. To put the mav on there, use the classic OMFG I R LIEK GLUED SH1T TO SH1T approach.
Join the REVOLUTION!

#11 Boss18

Boss18

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 06:50 AM

Well on the maveric, there are two little nubs that need to be sawed off and sanded so it will fit.Also, you''ll have to cut off the handel.
D0 U LiK3Z /\/\UDkIpZ? http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Burnboy85 <--- Clicky Cliky!

#12 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 07:15 PM

No, you were talking about how people should make threads for everything...

Wow, really? I never said that. Anywhere. Don't shove words in my mouth, I was saying what I made deserved to be a thread. I said it was different several posts earlier because I actually posted a write-up and this person posted a request for one. Read up on what your talking about before throwing out comments like that.

Edit: Haha, thanks cheez :)

Edited by TantumBull, 16 March 2009 - 08:00 PM.

#13 death by cheez

death by cheez

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 07:48 PM

I am sorry to do this, but your [insert fail and sad face here] prompted me for this:

Posted Image
Again, I couldn't resist.

On topic: It al depends on how you would like to mount the mav onto the LS, such as right way up, upside down, etc.

EDIT: I have many more where these come from.

Edited by death by cheez, 16 March 2009 - 09:09 PM.

http://fairview.dead...eadfrontier.com

Great game, zombie apocalypse MMORPG. I'm acer34p3r on there.

#14 Hipponater

Hipponater

• Members
  • 297 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 09:04 PM

No, you were talking about how people should make threads for everything...

Wow, really? I never said that. Anywhere. Don't shove words in my mouth, I was saying what I made deserved to be a thread. I said it was different several posts earlier because I actually posted a write-up and this person posted a request for one. Read up on what your talking about before throwing out comments like that.

Edit: Haha, thanks cheez :)

The creators obviously feel that it wouldn't be worth it to make a whole thread about it. That's how I feel. Anyway, like others have mentioned and shown, the sliding brass breech is nothing new, and definitely not something needing a new name.

I definitely disagree about the making a thread thing. If there's something you've created that can benefit others than why the hell should you not share it with others? Have you looked at the mod directory lately? There about 15 billion NF write-ups, that are all really similar. But people continue to post them because of new innovations they have found or easier ways of achieving the same thing. In my eyes, that's one of the purposes of the mods and homemades section: so people can make augmentations and innovations to people's stuff, in other words building on others' work....

So if you're disagreeing about the making a thread thing, you think ideas that could benefit others should be shared. Which means there should be more threads.

However, here you say that threads which would have helped people (for instance, the origional poster), are not necessary, and should not have been made.

It just seems hypocritical. I guess I don't really have a problem with it, but whatever.

Anyways, to help this thread along, http://nerfhaven.com...showtopic=10517 is a topic all about a LS/mav integration. It's a little old (about a year) but it should still be able to help with some ideas for how to do it. (Such as scout style for a titan, mounted on the side)

Edit: Fixed a few spacing issues.

Edited by Hipponater, 16 March 2009 - 09:05 PM.

#15 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 09:32 PM

There is a very critical flaw in your logic. I specifically said that if there's something YOU'VE made that can benefit OTHERS then it should be posted. Threads that only benefit the poster are very different, unless they are questions that have never been answered and can benefit others as well. I don't think this will benefit anyone besides onyx because of how simple the proposed mod is. Also, that in no way means that I think there should be more threads. This is the second time you shoved words in my mouth. Fucking stop. You're really beginning to annoy me.

Edit: And don't tell me you don't have a problem with it, stop playing mr. innocence. You wouldn't have taken the time to compile that post if you didn't have a problem with it.

Edited by TantumBull, 16 March 2009 - 09:38 PM.

#16 bogboogalars

bogboogalars

• Members
  • 398 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 10:10 PM

Well, you can put the mav on Guru-esque. Cut off the part that the bi-pod attaches to the gun, the whole gray part, sand/carve out a little on the underneath where you made the cut. The mav should snap in and you should be able to glue it in.

If you can't understand that rambling post here's a pic of mine:
Posted Image

Hipponater: don't worry about it breaking, it's on there solid because part of the mav is actually wedged in the Ls. If it ever does break, it won't be hard to remove because it's just hot glue.

Edited by bogboogalars, 16 March 2009 - 10:21 PM.

#17 Hipponater

Hipponater

• Members
  • 297 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 10:11 PM

Taken the disagreement to PM.

Sorry the topic has digressed, Onyx, however, I think the link from my previous post could prove helpful.

Edit: Bogboogalars, looks effective, however attaching guns like that always makes me worry they'd break. Especially when its a high movement part of the mav like the cocking slide.

Edited by Hipponater, 16 March 2009 - 10:13 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users