Photo

Longshot Breakthough (takes Stress Of The Boltsled) (writeup's Up)

Putting an end to the hell I started with singeled longshots

70 replies to this topic

#1 ice

ice

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 06:43 PM

Here's how it works. Sorry I'm so late on the writeup.

So, take a bit of your strongest, on hand wire. It should be about 1/16 - 1/8". Cut it at around 12". Fold it in half at the middle. Slide a keyring on the end (where it was folded) and twist the wire.
Posted Image

Take a hand drill or dremel and poke 2 small holes through the back end of the plunger.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Thread the two ends of your wire through these holes.
Posted Image

Hotglue these wires down. Be generous with the glue.
Posted Image

Fill the top half with plunbers goop and wait overnight. Once dry, then fill what remains with a heap of hotglue.
Posted Image

Drill a small whole in your stock and back half of your shell. Thread the wire though, and your done!
Posted Image

Link

Edited by ice, 23 March 2009 - 04:42 PM.

<!--quoteo(post=206428:date=Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM:name=Mukersman)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mukersman @ Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
Turd stefans. When I pulled these out of the pillow case i was just like, what... the... fuck...
Muker
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#2 umpshaplapa

umpshaplapa

• Members
  • 636 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 06:46 PM

Is it really that big a deal? I've never had a bolt sled snap on me. Of course I don't use crazy powerful springs.
QUOTE(Talio @ Jun 29 2009, 01:50 PM) View Post

i got a black belt in noob banning in 2004.

#3 ice

ice

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 06:49 PM

It's not just the boltsled, it was more designed to help the angel breech mod, so the glue connecting the bolt sled to the brass would never come undone cause it's not being put under stress, but yes, the no boltsled pressure is a major +. Granted, it does slightly slow down ROF, but I think it's worth it.
<!--quoteo(post=206428:date=Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM:name=Mukersman)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mukersman @ Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
Turd stefans. When I pulled these out of the pillow case i was just like, what... the... fuck...
Muker

#4 twenty4

twenty4

• Banned
  • 95 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 06:49 PM

That's a good idea. That gives me a reason to make a petg breeched longshot. [I don't like to use brass.]

#5 thedarksideofnerf

thedarksideofnerf

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 06:50 PM

I've done that before.
I just thought everyone did, so I didn't post it.
<death09>my girlfriend broke up with me and sent me pix of her and her new boyfriend in bed
<ktp753>ouch.
<death09>yeah.i sent them to her dad

#6 Soothsayer

Soothsayer

• Members
  • 663 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 06:51 PM

Kinda seems like the next new fad of laziness over better craftsmanship \, like CPVC singling.

Ice this is a good modification if someone fucks up their angel breech and it will just not hold a bond, I suppose, but other than that I just recommend someone using better adhesive/work ethic. It's been nearly a year since I built my angel breech, and I regularly screw around with it and nothing has gone bad, and I live in cincinnati, some of the most fucked up weather of all time, and it's still working as well as the day I finished it.

yeah I'm that guy who made that cool thing with the cool paint.

#7 ice

ice

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 06:53 PM

I have to give credit where it's deserved, I though it up (but I'm sure I'm not the first) when my frist LS boltsled snapped a year or two back, but thought I couldn't do it. Mr.BadWrench reminded me of it a couple weeks back, and then I saw how ballistic Joe did a similar thing but with a piece of wood, requiring a whole new stock design. I started working on it 2 days ago, so it's not perfect/done yet, but it's close. Hey, I'm happy with it, and I hope some others will use it.
Muker

#8 lambchop

lambchop

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 06:54 PM

But isnt it odd and hard to prime? Even if you add a key ring.
Just keep swimming just keep swimming STOP

#9 ice

ice

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 06:55 PM

But isnt it odd and hard to prime? Even if you add a key ring.

No, not at all. Quite easy, just takes another half second.
Muker

#10 lambchop

lambchop

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 06:57 PM

Well than i will definetly try because i do not want to singel another longshot because of the boltsled.
Just keep swimming just keep swimming STOP

#11 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 06:58 PM

Have fun when you finally attach the key ring... It's going to whip up and smack you in the face. Yes, this isn't a bad idea, but then Hereticorp's shotgun mods eliminate the boltsled anyway.
[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

#12 ice

ice

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 07:00 PM

Have fun when you finally attach the key ring... It's going to whip up and smack you in the face. Yes, this isn't a bad idea, but then Hereticorp's shotgun mods eliminate the boltsled anyway.

I relized that, and used one for a while, but the glue connecting to the angel breech kept disconnecting, using the best of epoxies and fishing glue. And I'm thinking of a way to avoid the keyring hitting problem... :angry:
Muker

#13 laxtk88

laxtk88

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 07:00 PM

I don't think it is that revolutionary. I mean, even if it did take all the pressure off, so what? From what I have heard not that many people use longshots, let alone angel breaches. Now if you motorized it, THAT would be revolutionary and may inspire more people to use longshots. Just my two cents worth.
QUOTE(Sleebo @ Jun 12 2008, 07:23 PM) View Post

Just for the record, my mother is the most beautiful women in the world.

#14 Soothsayer

Soothsayer

• Members
  • 663 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 07:02 PM

...From what I have heard not that many people use longshots....

What parallel fucking universe are you from?

#15 chefdave

chefdave

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 07:05 PM

Interesting, but doesn't that ruin the rate of fire? Instead of 1 second to prime it takes 3. Also, heriticorp(hope I spelled that right) made a longshot that doesnt even use the bolt-sled and still has the same rate of fire as a normal ls.

Edited by chefdave, 12 March 2009 - 07:06 PM.

QUOTE(VACC @ Jul 21 2009, 08:13 PM) View Post
QUOTE(crispy) View Post

Talio likes to eat his own shit.
It's a distinct possibility. But seriously, that's all you could come up with? You are a terrible Troll.

#16 anon-dude

anon-dude

• Banned
  • 46 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 07:07 PM

It's not just the boltsled, it was more designed to help the angel breech mod, so the glue connecting the bolt sled to the brass would never come undone cause it's not being put under stress, but yes, the no boltsled pressure is a major +. Granted, it does slightly slow down ROF, but I think it's worth it.

I agree with Ice it is a MAJOR +. I have personally have had a bolt sled snap and I was pissed! :angry:
"Its not illegal...just extremely erotic like masturbating on an airplane" - The Hangover...FTW

A.K.A. NarcolepticPenguin on NR

Zmandudesk82: "@Qwear: Nice name. I'm glad to see the NIC being open to people who are... different."

#17 ice

ice

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 07:07 PM

Interesting, but doesn't that ruin the rate of fire? Instead of 1 second to prime it takes 3. Also, heriticorp(hope I spelled that right) did an aleternate method that doesnt even use the boltsled and has the same good rate of fire.

Read the post above yours. Still requires glue to the brass which always disconnects after time. Anyway, just attached the keyring and a warhammer 40k rare earth magnet to the side, so when the gun it primed, press the keyring to the magnet and fire away, so the keyring is not a danger! Pics soon.
Muker

#18 veginator

veginator

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 07:08 PM

Thats all them northerners up there usin' dem Longshots. Down here in da south we burn em' by da bushel. [/southern accent]

Edited by veginator, 12 March 2009 - 07:08 PM.

#19 laxtk88

laxtk88

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 07:08 PM

Don't most people use LBBs, BBBBs and similar style blasters? Or is it just that way in my area? The vast majority of my friends hate LSs because they have a tendancy to drift outdoors. Even indoors they aren't very popular (in my area).
QUOTE(Sleebo @ Jun 12 2008, 07:23 PM) View Post

Just for the record, my mother is the most beautiful women in the world.

#20 Soothsayer

Soothsayer

• Members
  • 663 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 07:11 PM

Don't most people use LBBs, BBBBs and similar style blasters? Or is it just that way in my area? The vast majority of my friends hate LSs because they have a tendancy to drift outdoors. Even indoors they aren't very popular (in my area).

No you see your area is full of intelligent people who think "If I want a gun that shoots one dart, really far, I should just get a gun that was intended to do just about that"

Rather than
"I'm going to take my 35 dollar gun, scrap the shit out of it to single it with CPVC, and get it to shoot half decent"

#21 TheNERFArmageddon

TheNERFArmageddon

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 07:26 PM

I did the same thing several months ago. My cord would always break from too much stress.
Honestly it's not all that practical, considering it removes functionality and, in my opinion, is far more susceptible to breaking than a boltsled.
If at first you don't succeed,
Don't try skydiving.

--Warren Miller

#22 ice

ice

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 07:32 PM

I did the same thing several months ago. My cord would always break from too much stress.
Honestly it's not all that practical, considering it removes functionality and, in my opinion, is far more susceptible to breaking than a boltsled.

Clearly, your pull string/wire wasn't strong enough for the job. Mine's working great. Just wait for the internal pics, and you'll get it.
Muker

#23 Boss18

Boss18

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 07:45 PM

Can you still prime it the regular way? Incase your up close and need to squeeze out a few darts real fast?
D0 U LiK3Z /\/\UDkIpZ? http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Burnboy85 <--- Clicky Cliky!

#24 Echnalaid

Echnalaid

• Members
  • 981 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 08:15 PM

A little LongBow-esque?
There was something on the bottom of the ad that said erotyka. Sounds like something spicy -Renegademilitia15

#25 bigred1rifleman

bigred1rifleman

• Members
  • 414 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 08:16 PM

I spot an extremely large problem: you can't use the stock effectively. The string would just be under the friction of your shoulder, and stay in place, or atleast go in really slowly.

~F!nnster

PS: the LongBow is kind of a good name, but it's also really, really stupid (I highly suggest that you rename it).

Edited by bigred1rifleman, 12 March 2009 - 08:18 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users