Open the Maverick up and the first thing I did was do the straw mod on the plunger to kill all that dead space. http://nerfhaven.com...?showtopic=5673
I am planning on tightening the seal between the barrel cylinder and the plunger, so I needed to make sure my barrel would always rotate. To do this I opened the rotation mechanism and super glued the two halves together. Replace the spring and reassemble. http://nerfhaven.com...?showtopic=8367
Next I replaced my barrels with 17/32 brass for a nice snug fit. I will also be testing one with OMC PETG, but that is for another time.
Took the spring from the accessories slider and applied it to the front of the barrel cylinder. http://nerfhaven.com...?showtopic=5735
Then I lined the inside of my plunger tube with a large flat rubber band and super glued it in. This helps create a tight seal with the added spring in the front, and the rubber band to give it a flexible plane to rest against.
For springs I am using the original maverick spring plus I threaded in my longshot front gun spring. Both are tiny and pretty much useless. I’m sure if I used a nightfinder spring I would get better ranges, but since I am using this for a larp I am restricted on how much power I can apply to the gun.
I then added additional rubberbands to the trigger mechanism to give the barrel cylinder more rotation power. I don't every want to have my barrel missalign with my plunger tube.
Painted Black and Silver. I used Krylon Fusion Black, and Krylon Metallic Silver.
12 shots ranged from 42’-56’ with a fairly consistent spread and an average of about 51.
Edited by nerkum, 13 March 2009 - 08:23 PM.