a home made SS2 conglomerate

18 replies to this topic

#1 Magic

Magic

Formerly NerfOnFier

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 540 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 09:54 PM

Okay, so I thought of this idea a long time ago, and i'm not sure if anyone has ever done it before. This was greatly inspired by the Chimera, and the home made Splitfire.

Materials:
- LSFG Trigger/Handle
- AT2K Tank
- SMDTG Pump
- 17/32 Brass
- Sch. 40 PVC
- Tubing
- Hot Glue or Plumbers Goop
- E-Tape

Keep in mind, once I completed this, I realized I forgot to take pictures of the seperate pieces. So here is the completed blaster.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

As for ranges, it's late right now, but i'm going with 85FTish.

Questions? Comments?

#2 CROW

CROW

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 09:59 PM

Thats mighty close to a project I'm working on, but thankfully theres just enough difference in the designs that we BOTH get to look original, hah. Anyhow, thats a tight pistol, especially with ranges like those. By the way, have you considered covering the back trigger mech with something? It would look more smooth that way.
"You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you."

"ah man, I would give you so much for one of those NIB crossbows or one of those crossbows on the floor. The ones on ebay have gone up to $59 and the shipping alone is $12." -Rip32

#3 diamondbacknf1626

diamondbacknf1626

• Members
  • 835 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 10:00 PM

Let me be the first second to say I really like this. Maybe because it was my idea...kidding, kidding :lol: . Anyway, nice way to avoid the goofy 2k shell. This is a lot more compact. I think some PVC shelling would be nice for the top of it, and it'd a bit cleaner. Overall, nice job man.

EDIT-Wow, that all happened at once. Well, I guess if we all suggested shelling at basically the same time, it should be a pretty good idea. In all seriousness though, it provide both protection and cleanliness for the trigger mech.

Edited by diamondbacknf1626, 08 March 2009 - 10:07 PM.

QUOTE(TxNerfer @ Nov 13 2010, 12:42 PM) View Post

Hey...I got a crazy idea: how about you stop all that sigging stuff? It's not even my thread and it annoys me.

#4 Magic

Magic

Formerly NerfOnFier

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 540 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 10:01 PM

Yes, Zaxbys gave me the idea to cover it as well. I'm going to do that soon.

#5 nerfboi

nerfboi

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 10:05 PM

Looks great! How many pumps does it take to fill up the tank?
We Ride together, we die together, Bad boys for life.

#6 Magic

Magic

Formerly NerfOnFier

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 540 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 10:06 PM

Looks great! How many pumps does it take to fill up the tank?

Around 7, but 5 is fine for me. 5 gets me around 65-70FT, and I feel safer pumping it less. Thanks for the comments.

Edited by NerfOnFier, 08 March 2009 - 10:07 PM.

#7 xtremejumpy

xtremejumpy

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 10:26 PM

Dang, I was going to do that tomorrow! I was gonna use a 3k tank.

#8 Hoceky

Hoceky

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 10:48 PM

Is the handle comfortable? The pump shaft makes it look like it hurts to grip.
meh.

#9 Magic

Magic

Formerly NerfOnFier

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 540 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 10:50 PM

xtremejumpy - I guess I beat you to it. :lol:

Hoceky - Yes, it's comfortable in my opinion. I guess it varies from person to person, but I love this thing.

EVERYONE:

I tested ranges a few minutes ago, and I have markers set up. It's hitting 75FT flat, with no drop.

#10 nerfboi

nerfboi

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 11:02 PM

You should try to hide the pump inside the handle like Ice Nine did.(I think)

EDIT: He did it with a 750 Pump, I'm pretty sure you can do that yo yours.

Edited by nerfboi, 08 March 2009 - 11:04 PM.

We Ride together, we die together, Bad boys for life.

#11 Magic

Magic

Formerly NerfOnFier

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 540 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 12:55 AM

Okay, Skitzo wanted a link to the home made splitfire, so here you guys go. Many props to Ice Nine.

This, this, and this were all made by Ice Nine. He did the exact same thing that I did, except he put the pump in the handle (awesome idea), and turreted all of them. Mine is just much cleaner. :lol: Thanks for the links Nine.

#12 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 09:03 AM

Okay, Skitzo wanted a link to the home made splitfire, so here you guys go. Many props to Ice Nine.

This, this, and this were all made by Ice Nine. He did the exact same thing that I did, except he put the pump in the handle (awesome idea), and turreted all of them. Mine is just much cleaner. :P Thanks for the links Nine.

Actually his is cleaner.... He used less glue, it looks less like he just glued shit together, and he linked the triggers and whatnot without just hot gluing it on. Think before you post. And why did this need its own thread?

Anyway, I like it, even if I say stuff like that, I still kinda want to put my AT2K into a longshot front gun, just so it would be more compact when I integrate it. Bravo, even if its been done before.
Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

#13 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 09:03 AM

fail computer freak out. Not server lag. Yay.

Edited by BustaNinja, 09 March 2009 - 09:05 AM.

Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

#14 UpperHand

UpperHand

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 09:36 PM

Dang, I was going to do that tomorrow! I was gonna use a 3k tank.

No you weren't. I hate when people claim "Oh, I had the exact same Idea and you finished It just before me. Damn!"

On a completely different note, I really like this pistol. It looks cool, but it needs a paintjob. Also you could smooth out the hot glue a tad. Overall though, this has got to one of my favorite easy to fabricate side arms.

Edited by UpperHand, 09 March 2009 - 09:36 PM.

My SCR-6
My Homemade Sidearm
The least you could do is tell me some advice. geese!

-- Headshot 21

#15 b00m13

b00m13

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 05:00 AM

Any StarTrek fans here?

Seriously guys, doesn't that look like a phaser?

*sets my phaser to stunning~*

^_~
The only place Wal-Mart exists in New York, is in our TV's.

#16 slowguitarman

slowguitarman

• Members
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 06:50 AM

I hate Star Trek, but that is a pretty cool pistol. I prefer putting the 2K in an NF to make it cleaner and sturdier, but that looks pretty cool and really easy to make.

On another note, I also hate when people say, "No! I was JUST going to do that!" Even with my doomsayer wood stock, somebody was like, "I was just going to do exactly that!...but in a different way with a different gun." Chances are that if you say that, you're full of it. Either way, there's nothing stopping you from building it still. Now you can even build off of Magic's ideas and maybe make it better.
Your dreams were tight like a baby

SGM's Shred Shop -Mod Service

NerfHaven's resident drama queen.

#17 rokor

rokor

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 07:26 AM

I hate Star Trek, but that is a pretty cool pistol. I prefer putting the 2K in an NF to make it cleaner and sturdier, but that looks pretty cool and really easy to make.

On another note, I also hate when people say, "No! I was JUST going to do that!" Even with my doomsayer wood stock, somebody was like, "I was just going to do exactly that!...but in a different way with a different gun." Chances are that if you say that, you're full of it. Either way, there's nothing stopping you from building it still. Now you can even build off of Magic's ideas and maybe make it better.

OMG, I WAZ JUS LIK BOUT TO SAYZ THAT! ^_^

On topic, the pistol thing is nice, like a mini mini titan. Schweet!
"Sorry rokor...my cousin is gay too...it's okay...we're tolerant"
Talio in Shoutbox.

#18 Magic

Magic

Formerly NerfOnFier

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 540 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 11:06 AM

BustaNinja - Thanks.

UpperHand - Thanks, I hate when people say that also.

b00m13 - I'm not in to StarTrek, though I did notice that.

slowguitarman - Thanks. I would put it in a NF shell, but you have to remember that this is just spare parts I found in my spare parts bin. This was really the only thing to put a SMDTG pump to good use.

rokor - You're giving away my next idea! >^_^ Just kidding. I thought about putting a titan on it instead of a 2K, but it would take like 25 pumps, and would be very top heavy. I will try it though and get back to you guys, considering I have at least 3 more LSFG triggers.

#19 anon-dude

anon-dude

• Banned
  • 46 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 07:18 PM

:unsure: Nice! That is a great little mod. I might just have to do that...
"Its not illegal...just extremely erotic like masturbating on an airplane" - The Hangover...FTW

A.K.A. NarcolepticPenguin on NR

Zmandudesk82: "@Qwear: Nice name. I'm glad to see the NIC being open to people who are... different."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users