15 replies to this topic

#1 twenty4

twenty4

• Banned
  • 95 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 03:51 PM

How would you single a magstrike?

I found one.

Edited by twenty4, 07 March 2009 - 06:57 PM.

#2 Ro-Sham-Bo

Ro-Sham-Bo

• Members
  • 167 posts
  • State:Michigan

Posted 07 March 2009 - 04:09 PM

It would be extremely labor intensive. I don't even know it it would be slightly possible. I would say not to try it but, you'll probably do it anyway so, try at your own risk.
QUOTE(baghead @ Dec 31 2008, 07:58 PM) View Post

Wait a second? a Canadian National team... just won at Hockey!?

who would have ever seen that coming?

#3 Homestarune

Homestarune

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 04:32 PM

Judging by the size of that tank, which looks far larger than that of a titan, I would say that this might be closest thing to a "snіper" rifle which, as we all know, does not exist in the world of Nerf. If anyone ever shot me with that, I'd hunt them down in a dark alley after I recovered from the wound.

Edited by Homestarune, 07 March 2009 - 04:32 PM.

We're not discouraging people from joining a Nerf forum, we're discouraging them from joining this forum. It's an important distinction because, frankly, we don't give a shit. The Haven was created to escape the idiotic masses, now they're all here. -cxwq

#4 nerfispwnage243

nerfispwnage243

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 05:00 PM

MY question would not be how........ But WHY?!?!?!!?! Why on earth would you waste a magstrike to make something that wouldn't be worth it?

#5 rork

rork

• Members
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 05:25 PM

The closest thing would be to do what a couple of people have done, and use the MS shell, pump, and possibly the bladder to hold/power a set of internals from another gun. Otherwise, the fabled "singled magstrike" would be a travesty even if it did exist.
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20296" target="_blank">SNAPbow Mk. V</a>
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20409" target="_blank">Make it pump-action</a>

#6 Equilox

Equilox

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 06:04 PM

Okay I'm with everyone else. It isn't particularly practical to do it so if you are seeing weather or not the labor is worth it or not, it isn't. Not to mention the price tag on the gun if you screw up, and the fact that there are many other mods for the Magstrike other than a single shot that make it pretty cool.
"In my Zombie plan I use my arsenal of foam to fend of the hoards of the undead as I make my way to Canada....... good luck to you Simmons."

#7 Equilox

Equilox

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 06:05 PM

Server Error

Edited by Equilox, 07 March 2009 - 07:34 PM.

"In my Zombie plan I use my arsenal of foam to fend of the hoards of the undead as I make my way to Canada....... good luck to you Simmons."

#8 twenty4

twenty4

• Banned
  • 95 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 06:45 PM

I was not going to buy just to single it. Iwould only single it if the thing that advances the clip broke.

#9 Equilox

Equilox

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 07:36 PM

I was not going to buy just to single it. I would only single it if the thing that advances the clip broke.

Oh okay, now I understand. It will be a lot of work but you can do it, as others have said. Considering the magstrike is faulty then it would be worth a try.

#10 ninja mods

ninja mods

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 07:45 PM

i have no idea why some one would do this simply because the magstrike is so KOOL because of the 10 rapid fire darts.

#11 twenty4

twenty4

• Banned
  • 95 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 07:49 PM

i have no idea why some one would do this simply because the magstrike is so KOOL because of the 10 rapid fire darts.

If the thing that advances the clip breaks is a reason why you would single it.

#12 rokor

rokor

• Members
  • 792 posts
  • State:Ontario

Posted 07 March 2009 - 07:58 PM

No, if that peice breaks, you fix it with super glue. Auto blasters should stay auto...
"Sorry rokor...my cousin is gay too...it's okay...we're tolerant"
Talio in Shoutbox.

#13 Equilox

Equilox

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 10:42 PM

No, if that peice breaks, you fix it with super glue. Auto blasters should stay auto...

Of course that is assuming that he has not lost the piece that broke.

#14 SchizophrenicMC

SchizophrenicMC

• Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 11:14 PM

Screw singling it. I'm tryin' to do the opposite. I'm tryin' to auto a LS... It's not gonna work, but if it does, then, yay, me.

However, I broke the bladder plug, so I'm probably screwed.

Time to get the duck tape.
QUOTE(NerfUK @ May 8 2009, 11:54 AM) View Post

(I forgot to take a picture of my own poppers)

QUOTE(analogkid @ May 20 2009, 10:04 PM) View Post

Every size rod you could ever want.

#15 goongala

goongala

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 11:17 PM

I don't know If anyone else reads the little explanation/description/info thing inthe upper right corner but he explains himself there:

"i would never do this to a magstrike, but the one you see in the video had broken on me. so i modded it to where it was actually useful. "

If it's broken, and he made it work again, then I don't see why not.

#16 iMod1

iMod1

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 11:21 PM

The Phoenix

All that guy did was glue some CPVC to the front of the plunger tube.
-iMod

Edited by iMod1, 07 March 2009 - 11:24 PM.

A computer once beat me at chess, but after that it was no match for me at kick boxing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users