Double Titan

2 tanks, one pump

8 replies to this topic

#1 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 09:00 PM

A couple weeks ago I had an idea for an integration for the titan. My idea involved the little section of empty space above the plunger tube, and the fact that an AT3K tank fits there rather nicely. So I ordered a Big Bad Titan from Target.com, tore apart one of My 3k's, and got to work.

Here it is:

Posted Image

Posted Image

I originally planned on using the original AT pump, and having the two guns seperate, but half-way through I discovered that I could remove the Titan's gauge and connect the AT tank to the gauge's Vinyl tubing. The result is two tanks that are pumped by the same pump and both have the power of a titan. Firing one of the tanks releases all off the air from both of them, so the AT3K tank has near Titan power. This way I can have two different barrels loaded (single and shotgun), and choose which one I want to fire at the last minute.

Posted Image

Here is the double coupler I fabricated that I put on the Titan Tank. It is compatible with 1/2 and 1 1/4 PVC barrels, so I have a wide arrangement of barrel possibilities I can choose from. It is a 1 1/4 PVC coupler with a 1"-1/2" reducer stuck in a small section of 1 1/4 PVC and stuck into the back of the larger coupler.

Posted Image

Here's the 3k trigger:

Posted Image

Sometimes the valve sticks open on the 3k, so I built an Anti-Jam Mech that lets me manually close the valve when that happens:

Posted Image

I know it looks a little Frankenstein-ish right now, I'm going to do some cosmetic work on it later and paint it.

Here's a shotgun barrel I'm working on. It's 4 sections of 9/16 brass inside 1 1/4 PVC. It's currently too long and barely fires because of it, but I'm gonna shorten it soon.

Posted Image

The ranges with the AT3K tank at 5 pumps are 50-60, at 10 pumps it's 90, and 20 it's 100+
The Titan gets typical 150's at full pump singled, 80's shotgunning four darts, and 50's shotgunning 8-12 darts.
(Right now I shotgun darts by loading more than one in the single barrel, but I plan on using the Four barrel shotgun once I shorten it.)

I'll answer any questions you have, and I have more pics if you need 'em.

Edited by AssassinNF, 15 February 2007 - 10:41 AM.

Probably dead by now, or something.

#2 NiteWalker

NiteWalker

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 09:27 PM

No offence, but I find it a little useless. I mean, it's cool and all, but it's utility is minimum if you ask me because an at3k can get around 85-95 ft. singled or more in around 5 pumps in a smaller package. The Titan has enough power to send a dart at 180 ft. in around 20-25 pumps, so I don't see why your shotgun/four barrel attachment doesn't work. I mean, Bags has a 12 shot attachment on his titan and it works fine.
NEW Write-up of the DTG/At3k:
Click here
Credit to Carrtoon for the mod.

"The mother of invention is need... Who doesn't have to pelt people with foam?"

#3 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 09:45 PM

No offence, but I find it a little useless. I mean, it's cool and all, but it's utility is minimum if you ask me because an at3k can get around 85-95 ft. singled or more in around 5 pumps in a smaller package. The Titan has enough power to send a dart at 180 ft. in around 20-25 pumps, so I don't see why your shotgun/four barrel attachment doesn't work. I mean, Bags has a 12 shot attachment on his titan and it works fine.

Why is it useless? I for one find it amazingly useful.

The only reason the shotgun attachment doesn't work is because it is 1 1/2' long. It shoots fairly well, but most of the time 1 or 2 darts don't make it out of the barrel, so I'm going to shorten it to get better performance.

The ranges aren't better because I didn't plug the pump. If I plugged the pump it would easily reach 200'

"because an at3k can get around 85-95 ft. singled or more in around 5 pumps in a smaller package."

This 3k gets those same ranges and more, and it is more of a secondary gun. It takes slightly more pumping, but It's an integration, not a primary. The larger tank allows me to fire the 3k twice if I pull the trigger very quickly, and I can also fire both the Titan and the 3k at the same ime with good results if I pull the triggers simultaneously.

The less than spectacular ranges could also be due to me using Tagger Darts, and not stefans ;) I have gotten some extremely good ranges with the few stefans I have.

The whole point is that I now have a titan with a powerful secondary integrated into it, and I find it very uselful. I have plenty of 3k's (6 of them, 2 of which are turning into B-day presents soon), and I think sacrificing one for this mod was worth it.

Edited by AssassinNF, 15 February 2007 - 10:44 AM.

#4 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 01:59 PM

I mean, Bags has a 12 shot attachment on his titan and it works fine.

actually, it doesn't always fire all 12 darts, and this can occur with a four shot as well, I know I've had trouble with another one.

AssassinNF, The four-barrel design will work, and probably will propell 2-3 darts out of each barrel easily, but you'll need to remember that if even one of the barrels is empty, all the air just flows out of the empty barrel and all the other darts will just sit. unless you have some sort of Ari-restrictor set-up in there, but that's kinda iffy.

-bags

Don't call it a comeback, I never left.

#5 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 16 February 2007 - 10:43 AM

I mean, Bags has a 12 shot attachment on his titan and it works fine.

actually, it doesn't always fire all 12 darts, and this can occur with a four shot as well, I know I've had trouble with another one.

AssassinNF, The four-barrel design will work, and probably will propell 2-3 darts out of each barrel easily, but you'll need to remember that if even one of the barrels is empty, all the air just flows out of the empty barrel and all the other darts will just sit. unless you have some sort of Ari-restrictor set-up in there, but that's kinda iffy.

-bags

So that's why I'm having better results loading darts one after another in a single barrel. I've gotten 12 darts to fire in a decent spread with good range out of a 3' single barrel.

With the four barrel settup, three out of four darts make it out fine, (or 6-7 out of 8 when I do 2 in each barrel). I doubt I could come up with a settup to fire all 4 darts successfully every time (air restrictor settup is a good idea, but it would be a pain...), so I'm wondering if I should just stick with the single barrel since it's working so well.

#6 ninja mods

ninja mods

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 11:02 PM

i personaly think that this is a completely cool mod. i think its worth it just cuz a titan is kinda boring alone.

#7 Equilox

Equilox

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 11:05 PM

I like it! It's very creative and functional. Often I find myself wondering weather I should go with long range and risk the charges or to go shotgun style and forget accuracy. You built both into this. Very Cool!
"In my Zombie plan I use my arsenal of foam to fend of the hoards of the undead as I make my way to Canada....... good luck to you Simmons."

#8 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 11:40 PM

Thanks for the praise, guys, but this thread is pretty damn old. And the Double Titan has long since been improved. Check out my sig. (just don't post there - that thread's pretty old, too)

#9 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 12:15 AM

Nevermind.

Edited by Forsaken_angel24, 06 March 2009 - 12:15 AM.

I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users