Photo

Socal Nerf

Anyone?

13 replies to this topic

Poll: Nerf choices (38 member(s) have cast votes)

are you near Valencia?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

prefer indoor or outdoor?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

What type of building and cover?

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 nerfnut23

nerfnut23

• Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 11:05 PM

Are any of you guys in L.A. County? I am organizing a Nerf War that will be a shitstorm of foamy madness, I hope. Think: SoCal Massacre. What type of building would be the best? I have a few venues pre-chosen, which would you prefer? I am organizing a war, so any ideas are willing to be...... read?

Edited by nerfnut23, 04 March 2009 - 11:36 PM.

American society: A legitimate clusterfuck since 1965.

#2 raw shrimp

raw shrimp

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 11:13 PM

There's already at least one nerf war a month. There's one this weekend, too.

#3 Axelion burnout

Axelion burnout

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 12:11 AM

I suggest you come to a few Nerf wars before you decide to host your own. But yeah, what Shrimp said, there are Nerf wars every month in SoCal in fact there is one THIS weekend.
\,,/(^_^)\,,/

#4 RedHead

RedHead

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 12:42 AM

Huntington Beach, Santa Ana, Corona, and Glendora are the places where you'll find the most Nerfers.
We usually hold a war every two weeks now, most of which are in Glendora.
As Axelion said, come to a few wars just to get the hang of things, this upcoming one (Bagsfest) is gonna be a blast. I also suggest you read this (http://nerfhaven.com...?showtopic=8682) before the war so you know what to expect once we start to play. It helped me a lot at my first war.

But to answer your question, about 30+ Nerfers, including the owner of this site, live in SoCal.
I hope to see you this weekend!
"My affluence makes a nonsense of the regulations!"
-Kaiba with mustache

http://www.escapistm...t-4-Dumb-Part-8

#5 nerfnut23

nerfnut23

• Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 01:04 AM

Huntington Beach, Santa Ana, Corona, and Glendora are the places where you'll find the most Nerfers.
We usually hold a war every two weeks now, most of which are in Glendora.
As Axelion said, come to a few wars just to get the hang of things, this upcoming one (Bagsfest) is gonna be a blast. I also suggest you read this (http://nerfhaven.com...?showtopic=8682) before the war so you know what to expect once we start to play. It helped me a lot at my first war.

But to answer your question, about 30+ Nerfers, including the owner of this site, live in SoCal.
I hope to see you this weekend!

I can't go, the parents planned to go to a tax protest and blew off what I have been building Nerf guns and stefans for for about a month and a half now for. I was pissed when I found out. All they said was, " sorry." I had 15 Post-Its on the goddamn fridge, and one was on an 8 1/2"X11" sheet, at eye level. How the fuck do you not see that? The revolt is 15 minutes from the war, they could have dropped me off, then gone to the revolt, and then they could have picked me up. And a few of my buddies and I have had modded wars in the front yard, until one of those meatheads shot Hellfire and shattered a doublepane window. So yeah, I have been to a few wars of my own, so that is the reason for the polls, to tailor the war to everyone's liking, not just mine. Give someone a few welts for me. :blink: ^_^ :P :D I will have specifics up soon.

#6 iMod1

iMod1

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 10:45 AM

Nerfnut: That really sucks. I feel sorry for you.

On topic: I would suggest contacting either Baghead or Falcon about Nerf in your area. I do some Nerf down here, as in Poway, Escondido, San Diego, all of which are maybe three hours away from you. Good luck on your war though!
-iMod
A computer once beat me at chess, but after that it was no match for me at kick boxing.

#7 nerfnut23

nerfnut23

• Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 11:57 PM

Nerfnut: That really sucks. I feel sorry for you.

On topic: I would suggest contacting either Baghead or Falcon about Nerf in your area. I do some Nerf down here, as in Poway, Escondido, San Diego, all of which are maybe three hours away from you. Good luck on your war though!
-iMod

2 things: 1, it feels as if any hope I had was swapped for sorrow, so thanks, you feel my pain.

2, Thanks, anyone who will most likely go, feel free to post and vote.

And your sig is funny 'cause it's true.

#8 nerfnut23

nerfnut23

• Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 10:59 PM

Bump, LBBs, Titans, air-powered homemades=BANNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously, guys, post or PM with suggestions.

#9 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 02:05 AM

I need you to justify why this thread exists or I'm closing it.

Talio.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#10 nerfnut23

nerfnut23

• Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 12:08 AM

I need you to justify why this thread exists or I'm closing it.

Talio.

I am organizing a SoCal war, and the point is I am trying to tailor it to the preferences of the SoCal and out-of-staters that may attend. Not just pick a place, take the next available time, and hope to God it ends up good. A war by any and all attendees, for them. This includes admins, but I've got no beef with any of them, I mean that I will not be a happy camper if some dumbfuck posts, "why the fuck are you doing this, n00b!?!?!?!??!"? If anyone does I will ask them to please at least fix the grammar, capitalization, etc. and try not to come off as a complete asshat. And also, I WILL organize this war.

#11 Cannonball

Cannonball

• Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 12:33 AM

To echo what the other socal nerfers have been saying: attend a nerf war first. Playing with your buddies in the front yard is not the same as driving out to some other location to play with a whole new group of people. It's valuable experience that will come in handy when you want to organize your own war. You'll then be more familiar with our play styles and so forth and then you can tailor your war to that.

#12 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 01:52 AM

Yeah, honestly, you need to attend and participate before doing this. I don't think everyone needs to right away, but this thread is a huge mess. Get it together, figure out what you're doing and get the war going or I'm going to close this thread. This war is turning into a clusterfuck and clusterfuck wars don't really promote the game very well.

Talio.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#13 SorrowX

SorrowX

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 05:10 PM

it feels as if any hope I had was swapped for sorrow, so thanks, you feel my pain.

What's that supposed to mean? Also, by "Valencia," do you mean "Placentcia" or " Valencia Dr." ?
You may have the balls, but I have the lack of morality!

#14 only1darttokillyou

only1darttokillyou

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 11:09 PM

Theres a war thats 60 miles from you this weekend! Your by Magic Mountain, were 60 miles south of you, just off the 5 freeway. Its in Buena Park this Saturday and its somewhere on this website. GOOD LUCK

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users