Photo

Crap.

4 replies to this topic

#1 Formerly Sane

Formerly Sane

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 14 February 2004 - 06:54 PM

The people at aloghomestore.com sent me 100 ft of FBR, but it was rolled up tightly so part of it got flattened. Now when I fire the darts I just made the air escapes around the dart and they have incredibly short range. I know heat can make darts straighten out, but will it also make it reform it's round shape?
NERF: www.CYCLONENERF.netfirms.com
FLASH: www.thinkhappy.netfirms.com
BAND: www.skwalrock.com

#2 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 15 February 2004 - 02:48 PM

I had this problem with my first order.

The second time I asked them to leave the rubber bands off and roll it loosely. It doubled my shipping cost but at least I got the foam in good shape.

The best way to fix your foam is unroll it and leave it sitting around for a long time. You'll still have to discard the sections where the rubber band cut across it though.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#3 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 15 February 2004 - 11:14 PM

I had this problem with Loghelp.com. I told them before hand to package it loosely and when I called back and complained about the creases and folds, all they could say was that they were sorry and that a note about this has been added to our account. I was kind of upset about it, and I was hoping they would at least give me some kind of credit or discount or a refund if I sent it back, but it was four days before GnomeFEST. Beggers...
If they do anything especially nice for you let me know, maybe I'll try them out. Just one question. How loosely did the unmolested sections of foam fit the barrel? Was it real snug, or pretty loose.

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#4 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 16 February 2004 - 12:52 AM

Er... my bad, I thought he was talking about loghelp.com

I've never ordered from aloghomestore.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#5 Formerly Sane

Formerly Sane

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 16 February 2004 - 02:50 PM

I usually use 1/2" SCH 80 PVC and the unflattened sections of the foam fits a bit loosely, but not too much. As for the flattened section, I spread one roll of the foam out in hopes that it will become unflattened some. Also, if I fire darts a couple of times that are bent, they straighten out. Maybe if I do the same thing with the flattened darts it will "break them in.
NERF: www.CYCLONENERF.netfirms.com
FLASH: www.thinkhappy.netfirms.com
BAND: www.skwalrock.com

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users