Glow In The Dark Paint

Experiance

14 replies to this topic

#1 Merzlin

Merzlin

• Members
  • 589 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 06:02 PM

Howdy everybody! I just came across a brand of Glow in the Dark Spray Paint. It sounded interesting to me, but before I purchase 10$ worth of any paint, I would like some opinions. Has anyone here EVER used/dealt with ANY kind of glow in the dark spray paint? Thanks in advance!

#2 nerfsharpie6

nerfsharpie6

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 06:06 PM

Yes I have dealt with it. And in my opinion, its not worth it. It glows but really its not the good. Plus coverage is an issue because on some areas it will be lumpy and on others it won't glow.

But really its up to you. You can try it and find out on your own.
We hang our flags and banners of victory off of your dead bodies.

#3 Merzlin

Merzlin

• Members
  • 589 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 06:11 PM

What brand did you use?

#4 futureseal

futureseal

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 06:46 PM

Shit, that stuff's expensive! I don't think it's worth it no matter how cool it is.

Edited by futureseal, 25 February 2009 - 06:47 PM.

~~GamesRadar~~
Those of you who’ve never known the pain of hamster loss, just remember, your family doesn’t love you and there is no God.

LIVE Gamertag: CitrusyLimeO9. Its the letter o.

#5 Salindin Naz

Salindin Naz

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 07:29 PM

;) That stuff is great!!! I'm gonna have to get some of the blue, the red, and I'll give that v10 shit a shot. If I do in fact get some I'll let you know how I like it.

Salindin

#6 slowguitarman

slowguitarman

• Members
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 07:41 PM

If that stuff is any good, I have to use it. If I ever finish my stupid LS, I am painting it megatron camo (neon green and purple), and it would be awesome to make it glow.
Your dreams were tight like a baby

SGM's Shred Shop -Mod Service

NerfHaven's resident drama queen.

#7 slowguitarman

slowguitarman

• Members
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 07:42 PM

Does this internal server error seem rather rampant as of late, or is it just me?

Edited by slowguitarman, 25 February 2009 - 07:43 PM.

#8 Merzlin

Merzlin

• Members
  • 589 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 08:15 PM

Ya, that's what I like about this stuff. There is such A WIDE selection of colors and brightness. I'll have to try the Blood Red. Also, do you think they have aerosol cans? I need advise on hand painting/brushes ;)

#9 rokor

rokor

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 08:25 PM

In the link it says it only lasts about 24hrs(the one I looked at), does this mean that you only have one day to use it in the dark before it goes back to normal, or it has one day of glowing?
"Sorry rokor...my cousin is gay too...it's okay...we're tolerant"
Talio in Shoutbox.

#10 slowguitarman

slowguitarman

• Members
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 08:25 PM

Does this internal server error seem rather rampant as of late, or is it just me?

It is happening to others, but just don't hit any submit buttons again!

Seriously - all anyone has to do is hit back, copy their text, paste it into something ELSE like notepad for a backup, and then go look and see if it got posted the first time. Which, lately, it almost always has.

So, yeah - there seems to be a dramatically increased chance of hitting errors, but most of the time the post WAS submitted.

Hey, there, don't just spout off without knowing what you're talking about. I never click submit more than once. As a matter of fact, I always copy my text and then check to see if it's posted, and if it isn't, I repost. Sometimes, it creates a DP anyway, and sometimes it creates a DP just from trying to post the first time, and it has never happened to me before the past month or so.

Edited for harshness.

Edited by slowguitarman, 25 February 2009 - 08:39 PM.

#11 Merzlin

Merzlin

• Members
  • 589 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 08:30 PM

Rokor, the paint itself "recharges" (so to speak) and when it has a 'full charge' it can illuminate and shine the brightest and longest.

#12 Anthrax13

Anthrax13

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 11:19 PM

I would definatly like to know if that stuff is any good. A black longshot with some of that red would look evil!
Did you lube it?

...If you forgot to...well, that's your problem.

^^atomatron

#13 Merzlin

Merzlin

• Members
  • 589 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 11:21 PM

Indeed, its on my "Shopping" list.

#14 Merzlin

Merzlin

• Members
  • 589 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 06:15 PM

Just bought it, it was a life learned lesson.

Honestly this stuff is not something I'd buy again, simply because of it's price. You need atleast 5 richly painted coats to even get a medium effect glow. My advice: Don't get it.

#15 Jimu RetroGuru

Jimu RetroGuru

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 10:53 AM

OK, so GITD spraypaint is only so-so on the guns.

What about on stefan foam?

I just repainted my Firefly (all four shades of Krylon Fusion Hammered Finish, KICK-ass). I'd mod the turret with PETG, but that would be too tight for the stock darts with their GITD paper wrapping. I actually LIKE the "tracer" effect of the strobe-charged darts.

Any idea if painting FBR or stock foam would work? It'd be nice to know BEFORE springing for a $10 can of paint.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users