Photo

How To Get People Into This

6 replies to this topic

#1 nerfdude101

nerfdude101

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 13 February 2004 - 11:45 PM

since im like the only nerfer in my area, how can i get people to start nerfing, since there's several people i know near me
wuzzzzuuuuupppp!!!!![COLOR=red]

#2 SniperWolf

SniperWolf

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 13 February 2004 - 11:54 PM

Just invite them to your house and casualy show the myour arsenal, that's how I got me friends interested. I also ambushed them with a PC.

hahahahah
My children...They beat me...

...with sticks and buckets.

My wife...she is hairy...

...like sasquatch.

#3 CustomSnake202

CustomSnake202

• Members
  • 506 posts

Posted 13 February 2004 - 11:59 PM

I have the same problem. First off, I would tell them on the distance you can get out of a nerf gun when modded and the plethora of mods that there are. It might be hard to get your friends to nerf if they are already paintballing or airsofting. It just depends what kind of people they are and what they like to do. I have a bunch of friends that paintball (tried it once, didn't like it very much) and they have respect for me modding nerf guns, they see how cool the appearance and the range my guns get. I don't think they would stoop down to nerf tho. Anyway, it might be a lot easier to find people who don't pb or airsoft. But you never know. Introduce the whole concept to them and just see if you get laughed at or gain a few nerfers.

#4 SnakeJoe

SnakeJoe

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 February 2004 - 05:15 AM

The reason i nerf, is its advantage over paintball. i.e; 1. you can shoot your freinds in the house or the yard without someone having a hissy-fit. 2. it's cheap.
3. Mr elite can still have fun with "johny 9 year old" 4. Not only can you mod them you can build them from scratch

If nerf was as big as paintball,in my opinion, it would be more wide spread. Anybody can play with the right regulations. Improvements for the minor deficiencies in the nerf designs are being thought of with regularity. Things can only get better.

Ya its sometimes hard to convince people that its not just a kids toy anymore. The sports image really helps I find. That and letting them shoot pop cans off the wall at 40 feet using my sm5k with custom pvc berral(very accurate for reemed plastic). Start with just one or two and convert them slowly.
And they were sent forth to wage war. Across the blasted asphalt, amongst the steel beasts they cursed the searing heat. In unison with there enviroment they approch the flag. Then.... BAMM!!!
Growl of rolling earth were forgotten amist (MORE TO COME)

#5 Ice Nine

Ice Nine

Prince Dangus

• Administrators
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 14 February 2004 - 10:30 AM

Well, I got two of my friends into nerf two different ways.
The first, Bobert, came over to my house because I wanted to show him my SM750, which I had just modded. He really liked it, so we went and got some paint and painted it flat black with a silver front. He thought it was awesome, so he decided to get some of his own guns.
I convinced my other friend (not on the forums.) to come to YANO in two weeks. He also liked my guns, and he really enjoys paintball. I told him nerf was more fun, and so he gladly agreed to come.
And that is how I got my friends to nerf.

Unholy Three: DUPLUM SCRTA, DUPLUM PROBLEMA (2009)

But Zeke guns tend to be like proofs by contradiction

Theoretically solid but actually non-constructive

Rnbw Cln

#6 Oroku Saki

Oroku Saki

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 15 February 2004 - 12:07 AM

I just have people over, show them my arsenal, brag about my mods, and then we just shoot each other and stuff.
"Do you like gladiator movies, Johnny?"

#7 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 15 February 2004 - 12:34 AM

I tend to hang out with people with odd hobies to begin with. So when I tell them I nerf they just kind of go with it or not. I don't usually have to go through the same first stage (the revelation that you do something kinda out there and weird) that many people go through. "The Fred", despite not having been an over the top star wars fan like myself, took an interest in my lightsaber building. (was a phase. The sabers came out great though.) Naturally after happening upon NO in april of 2002, our next garadge project was to modify my supersoaker and anything else we could lay hands on.

Gamers are easey to wane over to Nerf from FPS games. Go to a LAN and break out the nerf guns during a break in the fragging. If you happen to be a Boy Scout, talk to a couple people in your troop about it. Someone from the LGLF and I were trading nerf guns after a scout meeting, I had the trunk of my car open (stocked with the whole LGLF arsenal) and now I've got to find a way to arm and train about half of Middletown Troop 140 before the March War.

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users