Photo

Modification Services

8 replies to this topic

#1 iMod1

iMod1

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 07:51 PM

I now offer my modification services to the community. My prices can be found at my website,

http://mandonerfer.w...ionservices.htm

Everything is what I figure to be a reasonable price, please tell me if it is too high or too low. Right now I don't have a paypal, but I will have one by next month. I don't expect this to sell like hotcakes, I am just announcing my services.

Questions/Comments?
-iMod
A computer once beat me at chess, but after that it was no match for me at kick boxing.

#2 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts
  • State:Washington
  • u/LukeKoboJobo on Reddit

Posted 22 February 2009 - 10:48 PM

Your prices are a bit steep. 10 bucks for an AR removal? I know it takes a bit more time with a Mav but still.

#3 dizzyduck

dizzyduck

• Members
  • 627 posts
  • State:Kentucky

Posted 22 February 2009 - 11:50 PM

I agree with TantumBull, $10 for a Magstrike bladder plug is a bit expensive.
Duck off.
Art & Stuff

#4 iMod1

iMod1

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 12:59 AM

JSB: There are pics of the SCMN arsenal on the site, which is basically all my modified guns. The Phoenix is in my signature, and the Tigershark (3k) can be found here. In addition to that, I have removed the ARs and added a spring on a Recon (In the gallery), singled two longshots, one with FG integration, and the other one is currently being worked on. Pictures of them have not been posted anywhere yet, but I will gladly send them to you if you like.

TantumBull: Thank you for the feedback. I will be changing my prices.

Dizzyduck: I priced it at $10 because i have to modify the bladder and pull out the "walls" in the stock of the MS. Just reading that now I realize that it is a bit steep so I will be changing the prices.

-iMod
A computer once beat me at chess, but after that it was no match for me at kick boxing.

#5 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 06:37 PM

Awesome! I love when people actually change things based on the feedback people provide them with. Keep it up!

But... prices are still high. Lemme give you some examples. Roulette mod shouldn't really be over a dollar. However, the price for the drop clip is good, but should be separate from the roulette mod. They are very different. Okay, next. 2 bucks for putting a bead of hot glue onto a MS piston is ridiculously high. That should honestly be under a quarter or free. Oh and 50 bucks for a singling a magstrike is way high. Also, lower the Mav AR removal prices.

Just to help out your buisness, I have another suggestion. First start offering to do mods for friends (no labor costs, just materials, no need to cheat friends out of money). Build up from there. They might tell their friends. You may also want to start out with lower prices if your selling to the NIC, as I've mentioned. I say this because, you aren't going to want and try and compete financially with other modders who do occasional commision works such as Angel, CS, or Split. Your not going to be able to. What you can do is try to get buisness by offering prices way lower than theirs. Basically what I'm saying is, people want their guns modded by people of high status. This is why people like ice can sell for ridiculous amounts. I know for a fact I'm just as good a modder as ice, yet there is no way in hell I could sell a longshot for 500.

Just some stuff to consider. Also, none of this is meant to be offensive, I'm just trying to help out.

#6 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts
  • NerfHaven Subscription Supporter
  • State:Oregon
  • u/Parabolictoys on Reddit

Posted 23 February 2009 - 06:47 PM

Basically what I'm saying is, people want their guns modded by people of high status. This is why people like ice can sell for ridiculous amounts. I know for a fact I'm just as good a modder as ice, yet there is no way in hell I could sell a longshot for 500.

Hehehe... Probably substantially better. Ice's main two contributions to the NIC are mainstreaming the idea of LS singling (utter waste of a good blaster), and increasing the new nerfer exposure to the forums. [deadpan]Yay.[/deadpan]

On Topic: Tantum's right, though, start out low and build up some credibility first. Post some more mods, hopefully something original.
[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

#7 AJAQ

AJAQ

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 07:54 PM

Awesome! I love when people actually change things based on the feedback people provide them with. Keep it up!

But... prices are still high. Lemme give you some examples. Roulette mod shouldn't really be over a dollar. However, the price for the drop clip is good, but should be separate from the roulette mod. They are very different. Okay, next. 2 bucks for putting a bead of hot glue onto a MS piston is ridiculously high. That should honestly be under a quarter or free. Oh and 50 bucks for a singling a magstrike is way high. Also, lower the Mav AR removal prices.

Just to help out your buisness, I have another suggestion. First start offering to do mods for friends (no labor costs, just materials, no need to cheat friends out of money). Build up from there. They might tell their friends. You may also want to start out with lower prices if your selling to the NIC, as I've mentioned. I say this because, you aren't going to want and try and compete financially with other modders who do occasional commision works such as Angel, CS, or Split. Your not going to be able to. What you can do is try to get buisness by offering prices way lower than theirs. Basically what I'm saying is, people want their guns modded by people of high status. This is why people like ice can sell for ridiculous amounts. I know for a fact I'm just as good a modder as ice, yet there is no way in hell I could sell a longshot for 500.

Just some stuff to consider. Also, none of this is meant to be offensive, I'm just trying to help out.

You are assessing it on a materials base, as opposed to a time basis.
~AJAQ~

#8 iMod1

iMod1

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 08:17 PM

Thanks for the input Tantum! I will continue to change my prices as I am completely new to selling and such. Oh and in regards to the Phoenix modification, it comes with a whole bunch of stuff, including a paintjob. And what AJAQ said is also part of my prices. But yes, I am trying to go with high-traffic low-price selling. So thanks everyone!
-iMod

#9 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 08:36 PM

You are assessing it on a materials base, as opposed to a time basis.

The prices I suggested took both into account.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users